Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Diamond – Sphere of Matter
Player Section – Diamond
Lord of Metallic Dragonkind
The Star Dragon
- Patron – Justice, Order, Tolerance, Wisdom. Racial (Dragonkind)
- Empyreals pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Empyreal)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Empyreal)
- Alphatian Empire (Lord of Metallic Dragonkind)
- Assembly (Diamond) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a huge dragon with noble posture and commanding gaze, covered by scales that look like multifaceted diamonds that shine more brightly when exposed to light, giving his body a stark white colour and preventing anyone to stare directly at him without being blinded for more than a few seconds.
Diamond’s Campaign Information
Game Master Section – Diamond
Diamond – Empyreal of Matter (21)
Was Celestial of Matter (16)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-18), Vault of Pandius (vop)
- Portfolio: Lawful Dragons (Metallic Dragons), order, wisdom, justice, tolerance
- Other Names: The Star Dragon, Lord of Metallic Dragonkind, Star Spirit
- Sponsor: The Great One
- Alignment: Lawful
- Artefact: Crown of Fire, Scale of Diamond
Allies of Diamond
Assists (can also be assisted by)
Enemies of Diamond
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Pearl (10) Temporal of Matter
- Idris (15) Celestial of Entropy
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: Diamond was born the child of a gold dragon and an eldar (ancient forefathers of the dragons, now extinct) and he was confined to a human shape by his parents in order to protect and save him from those same renegade dragons that eventually killed his family. Under the identity of Thelvyn Foxeyes, oblivious to his own heritage, he grew among the Flaems as a simple peasant, and in the last decades of the V century AC he became involved in the war against the renegade dragons that threatened his homeland. After a long quest that carried him throughout the continent of Brun, he retrieved a fabled Blackmoorian artefact (the Dragonlord Suit) in the lost outpost of Dragonwatch, and this allowed him to become the second Dragonlord of Mystara. Thanks to his new powers, he was able to defeat the renegade dragons and later he prevented an all-out war between Alphatia and the Norwold dragons, that could have wrought havoc across all the Known World. Finally, after travelling to the Great One’s homeplane, he discovered the truth about his origins and turned into his original shape, that of a gold dragon, becoming a King among the Mystaran dragons of Wyrmsteeth. When a few years after a powerful entity organised an all-out invasion of gemstone dragons to conquer Mystara, Thelvyn led an army of dragons against the invaders and repelled them, killing their Overlord. After this last epic deed, the Great One acknowledged to raise him among the immortals, and in AC 500 he became Diamond, the current Star Dragon, patron of Lawful dragons and of wise and benevolent mortals. Around AC 1001, Diamond was challenged and defeated by the new Master of Dracology, Prince Jaggar von Drachenfels. Prince Jaggar, however, decided to spare Diamond’s life, abstaining from the chance to gain immortality, but thus gaining an ally for life.
Personality: Diamond is patient and has a great deal of goodwill, always ready to mediate and talk, but only when he finds somebody who is willing to talk. If otherwise he finds that somebody is lying or cheating on him, his wrath comes as unexpected as lethal. He is deeply irritated by those who lie, cheat or deceive the benevolent people and his punishment is always swift and merciless (and he teaches the same to his followers). He is a loyal ally of the Great Dragon and Ka and likes Terra’s companionship, since she has always shown her admiration towards the draconic race. On the other hand, he despises Pearl and secretly oversees her actions.
Note: the draconic immortals (Sun, Moon and Star Dragon and the Great One) are replaced by other candidates when the previous ones die, so that position in the draconic pantheon is never vacant (otherwise the universal balance could be altered).
Info on Diamond to be discovered by Groups
- Sky (Diamond)
Sphere Pantheon: Matter (Diamond) –
Design Details – Diamond
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; Clerics must be Neutral
- Favourite weapon: Natural weapons (allowed all bludgeoning weapons and any dagger)
- Clerics skills and powers: can cast Light spell (1st level) freely once per day, draconic language (free), bonus draconic language, +2 bonus to the general skill Dracology (not free)
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Strength, Dragons, Vengeance, Will
- Preferred weapon: Natural weapons (Bite or claw)
Changed from Sun Spirit to Star Spirit to match the other names.
Was Rank 16 (Celestial) moved to Rank 21 (Empyreal).
Diamond – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Dragonkind (patron) added to the Dragonkin pantheon.
- Empyreal (rank) added to the Empyreals pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-24 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon. Upgrade to Rank 21 and Title (Empyreal)
- 2021-08-19 – Update to allies and enemies. Update to layout. menu, tags and links.
- 2021-08-15 – Updating the allies and enemies section.
- 2021-02-22 – Adding in new Artefact crown and cleaning up layout.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.