Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Orisis – Sphere of Thought
- Patron – Rebirth, Resurrection, Secrets. Living (Death)
- Empyreals pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Empyreal)
- Thought pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Empyreal)
- Darkness (The Pharaoh) Due to Patron of Death
- Forest (The Pharaoh) Due to Patron of Living group (Death)
Appearance: A hawk-headed man.
Game Master Section
Orisis – Empyreal of Thought (19)
- Sourcebooks: Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: Death/Rebirth, Secrets
- Other Names: Kepher, The Pharaoh
- Sponsor: Odin
- Artefacts: The Book of the Dead
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Thought
- Sponsorship of the Thought Sphere
- Air Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Thought
- Korotiku (32) Hierarch of Thought
- Ahmanni (14) Celestial of Thought moved to Time (16)
- Asterius (27) Eternal of Thought
- Clebard (2) Initiate of Thought
- Cochere (12) Temporal of Thought
- Cretia (16) Celestial of Thought
- Diulanna (18) Celestial of Thought
- Karaash (5) Initiate of Thought
- Eiryndul (20) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (20)
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (11)
- Loup (9) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (9)
- Malinois (16) Celestial of Thought
- Palartarkan (11) Temporal of Thought moved from Energy (12)
- Ralon (9) Temporal of Thought
- Soubrette (24) Empyreal of Thought
- Ssu-Ma (23) Empyreal of Thought
- Turmis (1) Initiate of Thought
- Odin (36) Hierarch of Thought
- Arnelee (8) Temporal of Thought
- Frey (13) Celestial of Thought
- Freyja (14) Celestial of Thought
- Halav (17) Celestial of Thought
- Ninfangle (26) Eternal of Thought (26) Moved from Matter (27)
- Noumena (34) Hierarch of Thought
- Palson (3) Initiate of Thought
- Orisis (19) Empyreal of Thought
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Thought moved from Energy (30)
- Taroyas (6) Initiate of Thought moved from Time (6)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Gorm (22) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (19)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Pax (35)
- Kersy (21) Empyreal of Thought
- Koryis (10) Temporal of Thought
- Urtson (7) Temporal of Thought moved from Matter (12)
- Thalia (31) Hierarch of Thought from Energy
- Qywattz (20) Empyreal of Thought moved to Entropy (21)
- Sinbad (25) Eternal of Thought
- Nob Nar (4) Initiate of Thought
- Tyche (28) Eternal of Thought (28) moved to Time (28)
History: When the Immortals decreed that Nithia must be destroyed in the Outer World, for all its deadly blasphemy, only the town of Ranak and its people survived. Ranak was removed by distance from the corruption of the rest of the empire, and its ruler, Kepher, was a solitary, secretive man who was untempted by the allure of the Entropic powers that seduced his fellow leaders to evil and insanity.
Alone among his people, Kepher was allowed to remember the story of the Outer World nation of Nithia, that he might keep them from repeating their past mistakes. Too, he found himself elevated to the station of Pharaoh of these people. Thus, roused from his innermost solitude, Kepher was able to guide his people in this strange, new world- to survive it, and tame it, and make it their own.
His reign was not fraught with the perils of nature alone, for an ancient artefact of Entropic evil had somehow escaped the notice of the saviour Immortals of Nithia and threatened to undo all that had been done to preserve the nation. Playing and preying upon the natural rivalry of the followers of Pflarr and Rathanos, the artefact spurred the two sects into increasingly aggressive and violent acts against one another. Civil war threatened the still vulnerable new realm.
After painstaking investigation, Kepher was able at last to identify the true source of impending disaster, and to destroy the Entropic artefact, though at the cost of his own mortal life. As his spirit left his dying body, he was greeted by the Immortals, who ushered him into their ranks, for Kepher had- unknowingly- completed the trial of the Epic Hero.
Personality: Having died and risen to Immortality in spite of it, Kepher became the patron of death and resurrection – the embodiment of the triumph of will and life over Entropy. He adopted the name Orisis and made it his special mission to ensure that the evils that destroyed ancient Nithia would never be allowed to manifest again, just as he did in his mortal life. Orisis’ introspective and secretive nature makes him very well chosen to safeguard the dangerous knowledge that led to the destruction of ancient Nithia, and his strong sense of duty ensures that he is ever vigilant and ready to take whatever measures necessary to fulfil his charge.
Info on Orisis to be discovered by Groups
- Nithian (Orisis)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Lawful or neutral, clerics must be neutral
- Favoured weapon:
- Clerics skills and powers: Clerics of Orisis are druids, following the rules for such characters in the Rules Cyclopedia; druids of levels 21-36 may use the spell shapechange in addition to other spells normally available to druids.
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Law, Protection, Repose
- Preferred weapon:
Orisis – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Death (patron) added to the Darkness and Outcast pantheons.
- Death (patron) added to the Living patron group.
- Living (patron group) added to the Forest pantheon.
- Empyreal (rank) added to the Empyreals pantheon.
- Sphere of Thought (rank group) added to Thought pantheon.
- 2021-09-18 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-09-04 – Added a new name of The Pharaoh and moved into the Thyatian Pantheon.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.