Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Patura – Sphere of Energy
Hera, The Empress
- Patron – Motherhood, Olympian, Women.
- Patron and Title Keywords – Crafters (Hearth), Living (Children, Family), Title (Sphere of Energy (Temporal)), Virtues (Faithfulness)
- Energy pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Temporal)
- Temporal pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Temporal)
- Dragonkin (The Empress) Due to Patron of Family.
- Dwarven and Gnome (The Empress) Due to Patron of Crafters group (Hearth) and Family.
- Elven (The Empress) Due to Patron of Children.
- Giantlkin (The Empress) Due to Patron of Virtues group (Faithfulness)
- Halfling (The Empress) Due to Patron of Family and Hearth.
- Land Guilds (The Empress) Due to Patron of Crafters group (Hearth)
- Makai (Patura)
- Ocean Guild (The Empress) Due to Patron of Crafters group (Hearth)
- Thyatian Empire (The Empress) Due to Patron of Faithfulness.
- Forest (The Empress) Due to Patron of Living (Children, Family)
- Assembly (Patura) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
- Olympian (Hera)
Appearance: a forty-years old woman with olive skin on a curvy body clad in sleeveless white tunic with a golden brooch, an elaborate chignon held with mother of pearl and a severe look that however does not diminish the beauty of his deep black eyes.
Game Master Section
Patura – Temporal of Energy (10)
was Initiate of Energy (4)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-40), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Chaotic
- Portfolio: women, family, faithfulness, children, motherhood
- Other Names: Hera, Pausania Monomachos, The Empress
- Sponsor: Ixion
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Energy
- Sponsorship of the Energy Sphere
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Coberham (18) Celestial of Energy
- Gorm (19) Empyreal of Energy moved to Thought (22)
- Heimdall (30) Eternal of Energy
- Ilsundal (34) Hierarch of Energy.
- Mahmatti (14) Celestial of Energy
- Ninsun (35) Hierarch of Energy
- Palartarkan (12) Temporal of Energy moved to Thought (11)
- Patura (10) Temporal of Energy
- Rathanos (28) Eternal of Energy
- Razud (31) Hierarch of Energy.
- Saturnius (20) Empyreal of Energy
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Energy moved to Matter (17)
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (30)
- Raith (12) Temporal of Energy
- The Korrigans (24) Empyreal of Energy moved to Matter (22)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Thalia (36) Hierarch of Energy moved to Thought (31)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Zugzul (32) Hierarch of Energy.
- Slizzark (15) Celestial of Energy moved to Entropy (17)
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Confirmed not to have a sponsor
History: During her mortal life she was Pausania Monomachos, firstborn of the Thyatian empress Valeria II (the only empress that begot children without marrying anybody). She inherited the throne in AC643, when her brother Adrian (Crown Prince) disappeared in a terrible shipwreck together with the rest of the Imperial family. Pausania took the throne at barely twenty years of age and left the clerical order where her mother had sent her to become the wife of Ixion. She immediately had to make her way through the schemes and plots of the senators, the generals and the courtiers, who tried to win her trust and use her as puppet for their own goals. After discovering some of her most trusted advisers plotting against her, she became terribly suspicious of anyone. Despite her immense love for children and her great desire to become mother, she was never again able to trust those men who swore eternal love to her, and as such she reigned alone on the throne, but unlike her mother she was nicknamed the Virgin Empress. She later developed a rather misanthropic and paranoid character, and her last years of reign were marked by many laws created in favour of Thyatian women and to promote the ascension of women in key places in the Senate and the Army. Her constant solitude and paranoia turned her from an enlightened ruler into a despotic and fearful woman, who in the end listened only to her most trusted friend, Dafne. Unfortunately for her, Dafne was in fact a demonic creature who posed as priestess of Vanya but had other goals of her own. Pausania started to issue more laws that were truly humiliating for the powerful male senators and the generals, and these final steps put the Senate and the Army against her. They allied and began to weave a plot to replace her with her “more manageable” cousin Lucius Senestus.
Dafne discovered the conspiracy and obviously instigated Pausania’s repression of the traitors. Many heads fell, starting with the cousin Lucius and the elder senators, but this pushed the centurions to stage a coup, backed up by the majority of the remaining senators and noblemen. They accused formally Pausania of being mad and the Senate crowned the commander in chief of the Imperial Guard, Gabrionikos Tatzianes, as emperor Gabronius II.
Pausania was forced to flee, after losing even the aid of his immortal patron Ixion, she started to travel around the empire plotting revenge. She was able to perform several assassinations with the help of Dafne, unwittingly embarking on the path of Entropy, to get her own vengeance against the whole male race and even her former patron, Ixion.
Her descent into the pits of Evil halted the day she killed a young patriarch of Ixion, when she discovered he had two infant sons in his temple. When Dafne tried to kill them (since “they were males and could have only wrought more grief to the women of the world once adult”), Pausania was overwhelmed by her repressed motherly instincts and stopped her friend, taking the babies with her. She wanted to raise them as her children, but Dafne tried to talk her out of it. When Pausania show no intention of following her advice, she simply killed the youngest with cold blood, threatening Pausania to leave her if she had not done the same. Pausania was struck by this deed, and she suddenly realised she had been wrong all along: Evil did not dwell inside men’s hearts, as Dafne had told her so many times, but only in the hearts of petty and cruel people. Evil had no gender, as much as babies had no guilt. She understood that her most trusted friend and lover, Dafne, had lied to her all this time and used her like a puppet to bring chaos and death to her own people. she rebelled against Dafne, and in the ensuing fight the discovered her demonic nature. When she defeated Dafne, she swore to make amend to her mistakes and to raise the kid as if it was her own, trying to help the Thyatians to reverse her nefarious actions. Thanks to her repentance, she was finally forgiven by Ixion and later he led her on the road of immortality in VIII century AC.
Personality: Patura is a young immortal, but she acquired wisdom and temperance through the ordeals she had to endure in her mortal life. She’s known to the mortals as the patroness of family, babies and motherhood, and of all those values associated with feminine gender. Once immortal she even managed to find a likeable and trusting companion in Taroyas, even if she still harbours hatred towards those individuals (mortal or immortal) she considers too chauvinist and mean. For this reason, she’s a fierce enemy of Rathanos (patron of male dominance) and of Talitha (patroness of Dafne), who uses her female traits to bring death and torment. On the other hand, she is a dear friend of Diulanna (even if some rumours have them more than just friends), the clear example of feminine willpower.
Info on Patura to be discovered by Groups
- Norwold (Pausania)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any
- Favoured weapon: none (allowed all bludgeoning One Handed weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: free general skill Domestic Skills and Persuasion
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Energy, Good, Family
- Preferred weapon: light mace
Patura – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Children (patron) added to the Elven pantheon.
- Children and Family (patron) added to the Living patron group.
- Faithfulness (patron) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Faithfulness (patron) added to the Virtues patron group.
- Family (patron) added to the Dragonkin, Dwarven and Gnome and Halfling pantheons.
- Hearth (patron) added to the Halfling pantheon
- Hearth (patron) added to the Crafters patron group.
- Crafters (patron group) added to the Dwarven and Gnome, Land Guilds and Ocean Guilds pantheons.
- Living (patron group) added to the Forest pantheon.
- Virtues (patron group) added to the Giantkin pantheon.
- Temporal (rank) added to the Temporal pantheon.
- Sphere of Energy (rank group) added to Energy pantheon.
- 2021-09-13 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-09-02 – Added Patura to the fire domain, which she was for the makai, but not for anyone else.
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.