Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Demogorgon – Sphere of Entropy
The Dark Lady
Bane of Souls
- Patron – Lizardfolk, Necromancy, Reptiles, Witchcraft. Patron – Corruptors (Corruption, Disease), Elements (Destruction)
- Eternals pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Eternal)
- Entropy pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Eternal)
- Alphatian Empire (Lady of Darkness) Due to Patron of Corruptors group (Corruption, Disease)
- Land Guilds (Bane of Souls)
- Norse (Gullveig)
- Outcast (Angrboda)
- Thyatian Empire (The Dark Lady) Due to Patron of Corruption.
- Darkness (Lady of Darkness) Due to Patron of Destruction
- Shadowlands (Demogorgon) Due to Patron of Disease.
- Entropy (Demogorgon) Due to Member of Sphere of Entropy.
- Eternals (Demogorgon) Due to Rank of Eternal.
- Spheres (Demogorgon) Due to Patron of Elements group (Destruction)
Appearance: a 18′ high creature with two monkey’s heads atop a pair of wiry necks, two long tentacles instead of arms, with scaly torso and legs, a long forked tail and a brown spinal crest.
Game Master Section
Demogorgon – Eternal of Entropy (29)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-40), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Chaotic
- Portfolio: necromancy, witchery, diseases, corruption, destruction, lizardkin and reptiles
- Other Names: Angrboda, Goron, Gullveig, The Bane of Souls, The Dark Lady, The Lizard King
- Sponsor: Thanatos
Allies of Demogorgon
Enemies of Demogorgon
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Orcus (26) Eternal of Entropy
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Entropy
- Sponsorship of the Entropy Sphere
- Hel (36) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Thanatos (35) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Alphaks (20) Empyreal of Entropy
- Arik (18) Celestial of Entropy
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (11)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Bachraeus (19) Empyreal of Entropy
- Demogorgon (30) Eternal of Entropy.
- Loki (30) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Orcus (26) Eternal of Entropy
- Ouranos (34) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy (35)
- Pharamond (32) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy
- Qywattz (21) Empyreal of Entropy moved from Thought (20)
- Ranivorus (16) Celestial of Entropy
- Loup (9) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (9)
- Talitha (25) Eternal of Entropy
History: Demogorgon’s background is shrouded in mystery like that of the most ancient immortals. Some says she’s a force of nature like Thanatos and Hel, the embodiment of evil of the sphere of Entropy. Other rumours say she was a reptile being (maybe a carnifex) that reached immortality under Thanatos’s sponsorship after corrupting her own race, cursing all her kin to extinction or exile out of Mystara before the coming of the human race.
What is known for sure is that she’s been around way before the Great Rain of Fire, that she’s got a liking in necromancy and witchery and all the reptile races, and that she’s got a double soul and double aspect: as female she’s patroness of corruption, deceit and witchery; as male, he’s patron of necromancy and destruction.
During the IV century AC, Demogorgon devised a plot to spread the Entropic influence over the eastern part of Darokin, but thanks to the timely intervention of a bold group of servants of Valerias, Ixion and Maat her plot was thwarted. In the end, her Temple of Evil was assaulted and she got trapped there in her mortal ID along with her followers by powerful magics cast by good priests and artefacts. Nowadays after 700 years she’s still trapped in that temple which lies in the southern area of the Orclands, and she waits there to be freed by some of her followers or some other unwary adventurer looking for the secret treasures of her temple.
Personality: Despite her detention, she has always been able to grant her followers their power thanks to some immortal artefacts, and constantly sends her wail for help to her priests. They know they must find her to get the most important reward, but so far nobody has ever succeeded because of the powerful immortal spells that conceal her prison to scrying and divination attempts.
Demogorgon not only opposes the immortals of Law and Good, but she’s in open competition with Orcus and Alphaks for the crown of Absolute Lord of Destruction. She considers her rivals too brutish and savage, devoid of the necessary malice and cunning useful to corrupt the mortal souls and bring the annihilation of the living beings to its completion. In her opinion, Alphaks and Orcus concentrate too much on the physical aspect of destruction, while she wants to break the mortals’ soul too to do a perfect job.
Info on Demogorgon to be discovered by Groups
- Norwold (Goron)
- Savage Coast (The Lizard King)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Chaotic
- Favoured weapon: flail and whip (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: clerics can inflict a non-mortal disease with touch once a week; power to control undead as Liege with HD equal to double cleric’s level (max 40 HD); bonus +2 to general skills Necromancy and Demonology (not free)
- Avengers skills and powers: power to control undead as Liege with HD equal to avenger’s level (max 20 HD); bonus +2 to any one of the following general skills: Necromancy or Demonology (not free)
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Entropy, Chaos, Evil, Death, Corruption
- Preferred weapon: heavy flail
Due to balancing the Spheres her Rank was dropped from 30 to 29.
Demogorgon – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Corruption (patron) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Corruption (patron) added to the Corruptors patron group.
- Destruction (patron) added to the Darkness pantheon.
- Destruction (patron) added to the Elements patron group.
- Corruptors (patron group) added to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
- Elements (patron group) added to the Spheres pantheon.
- Eternal (rank) added to the Eternals pantheon.
- Sphere of Entropy (rank group) added to Entropy pantheon.
- 2021-09-20 – Reduced Rank to 29.
- 2021-09-15 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon. Added new name “Lady of Darkness”.
- 2021-08-19 – Update to allies and enemies.
- 2021-08-15 – Update to allies and enemies.
- 2021-08-06 – Updating the allies and enemies.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.