Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Garl – Sphere of Matter
Player Section – Garl
- Patron – Gnomes, Inventions, Mechanics, Science, Thought. Artists (the Arts), Crafters (Crafts)
- Celestial pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Celestial)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Celestial)
- Dwarven and Gnome (Glittergold) Due to Patron of Crafters group (Crafts)
- Elven (Garal) Due to Patron of the Arts and Crafts
- Land Guilds (Glitterlode) Due to Patron of Artists group (the Arts) and Crafters group (Crafts)
- Makai (The Supreme Technician)
- Oceans Guild (Glittergold) Due to Patron of Crafters group (Crafts)
- Shadowlands (Garl)
Appearance: a small dwarf-like being with a long thin nose, hairy sideburns and eyebrows, unkempt hair and keen eyes, with a merry attitude, always wearing colourful but a bit dirty clothes and carrying a toolkit.
Garl’s Campaign Information
Game Master Section – Garl
Garl – Celestial of Matter (13)
Was Temporal of Matter (12)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Players Handbook (mph), Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-40), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Portfolio: Gnomes, Art, inventions, science, mechanics, crafts, thinkers
- Other Names: Garal, Glitterloda, Glitterlode, The Supreme Technician, Glittergold
- Sponsor: Kagyar
- Alignment: Chaotic
- Artefact: Toolkit of Garl
Allies of Garl
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
Enemies of Garl
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Ranivorus (16) Celestial of Entropy
- Branden (3) Initiate of Matter
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: Garal was born a dwarf of the old race and discovered the path to immortality in Sphere of Matter thanks to his incredible intelligence and creativity. He became immortal before Blackmoor obliterated itself in the cataclysm (probably around 3100 BC). Subsequently he decided to leave his own print in the world and he created a new race similar to the dwarves, that in the meantime began to dwindle because of the diseases and of the climatic changes which befell them after the Great Rain of Fire. Garal gave life to the gnomes, smaller and less strong than the dwarves but with an incredible ability to adapt to different environments and situations. He placed some colonies in the mountainous and hilly regions of the northern continent and in the Vulcanian line and left them free to reproduce and to establish their own culture. The gnomes soon prospered and became famous for their inventions, despite the frequent clashes with the humanoids in both continents. Subsequently, Garal also became patron of the last of the first generation dwarves (Kogolors), when Kagyar transported the last of their species in the Hollow World in 1800 BC, losing interest in their fate and concentrating on the new generation of dwarves (Rockborn) he created. Garal took the Kogolors under his protection together with Frey and Freyja, and has been worshipped by them ever since. He is also worshipped by all of the gnomish subraces (sky gnomes of Serraine, earth gnomes common throughout the world, and even the reclusive fire and ice gnomes of Davania).
Personality: Garal is an industrious person and is always doing something, usually performing several different tasks at the same time to avoid losing time. He is extremely precise as well as ingenious and has been blessed with a fantasy and a creative spirit not common even among immortals. He hates both Kurtulmak (responsible for destroying the gnomish realm of Falun in the Soderfjord region) and Ranivorus (which represents the result of an aberrant crossbreed between gnomes and trolls). His only friend and ally is his former patron Kagyar, whom he still regards as a master craftsman to be praised and imitated. In the past he has also cooperated with Wayland and Ilmarinen (two pioneers in the field of inventions like him) and with Frey and Freyja (to protect the Kogolors).
Info on Garl to be discovered by Groups
– Kogolor (Garal)
– Matter (Garl) – Temporal
Design Details – Garl
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Any
- Favourite weapon: Throwing Hammer (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: free fantasy physics general skill, +2 bonus to the Fantasy Engineering and Gem-cutting general skills (not free). Some clerics of Garal (exclusively gnomes) are the Caretakers the Multifunctional Gear (the gnomish Relic – see the Tome of Mystaran Magic).
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Chaos, Matter, Good, Craft
- Preferred weapon: Gnomish Pike-Hammer
Rank increased from 12 (Temporal) to 13 (Celestial)
Garl – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- the Arts and Crafts (patron) added to the Elven pantheon.
- the Arts (patron) added to the Artist patron group.
- Crafts (patron) added to the Crafters patron group.
- Artist (patron group) added to the Land Guilds pantheon.
- Crafters (patron group) added to the Land Guilds, Ocean Guilds, Dwarven and Gnome pantheons.
- Celestial (rank) added to the Celestials pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- Rank increase to 13. Title update to Celestial.
- 2021-09-05 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-20 – Added Branden to enemies.
- 2021-08-06 – Updates to allies and enemies.
- 2020-06-24 – Added Allies, Enemies, History, Personality and Other system stats.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.