Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Benekander – Sphere of Energy
- Holy Days:
- 28th of Kaldmont, the Day of Dread, that marks his formal ascension to the ranks of Immortals
- Cleric and Paladin:
- Warlocks and Bards: Pact of the Great Machine
- Patron – Mortals, Technology, Truth
- Patron and Title Keywords – Freedom, Title (Sphere of Energy (Initiate))
- Energy pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Initiate)
- Initiates pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Initiate)
- Land Guilds (Benekander) Currently supporting the artefact Rheddrian’s Staff.
- Makai (Defender of Mortals) Due to Patron of Freedom
- Thyatian Empire (The Old and the Young)
- Energy (Benekander) Due to Member of Sphere of Energy.
- Initiates (Benekander) Due to Rank of Initiate.
- Assembly (Benekander) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a 7′ tall well-muscled man with green skin, dark hair, blue eyes and well-trimmed beard and moustache, wearing a blue jumpsuit with black boots and a round mirror-shield at his belt.
- 1004-03-03 – (Mystery in the Silver Sierras) Praeodir rescued the being known as Rheddrian from the Mirror Shield of Benekander, Corran Keep, Darokin.
Phase 2 – Investigations
- 1005-03-01 – (Rheddrian Investigation Bureau) Opens its doors for business. Tied to Rheddrian through Rheddrian’s Staff an Artefact with multiple copies.
Game Master Section
Benekander – Initiate of Energy (1)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (0e-wi-b1-17), Vaults of Pandius (web-vop)
- Portfolio: Restraint of Immortal excesses, protect the mortals, freedom and truth.
- Other Names: Gareth, Rheddrian, Defender of Mortals, The Old and the Young
- Sponsor: None
- Alignment: Neutral
- Artefacts: Mirror Shield of Benekander, Rheddrian’s Staff
Allies of Benekander
Enemies of Benekander
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Hel (36) Hierarch of Entropy.
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Energy
- Sponsorship of the Energy Sphere
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Coberham (18) Celestial of Energy
- Gorm (19) Empyreal of Energy moved to Thought (22)
- Heimdall (30) Eternal of Energy
- Ilsundal (34) Hierarch of Energy.
- Mahmatti (14) Celestial of Energy
- Ninsun (35) Hierarch of Energy
- Palartarkan (12) Temporal of Energy moved to Thought (11)
- Patura (10) Temporal of Energy
- Rathanos (28) Eternal of Energy
- Razud (31) Hierarch of Energy.
- Saturnius (20) Empyreal of Energy
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Energy moved to Matter (17)
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (30)
- Raith (12) Temporal of Energy
- The Korrigans (24) Empyreal of Energy moved to Matter (22)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Thalia (36) Hierarch of Energy moved to Thought (31)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Zugzul (32) Hierarch of Energy.
- Slizzark (15) Celestial of Energy moved to Entropy (17)
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Confirmed not to have a sponsor
History: Rheddrian Benekander was First Engineer aboard the Beagle, a spaceship from a far world exploring the universe, when it crashed on Mystara because of a malfunctioning. The damage done to the ship was beyond repair on that primitive world, so the survivors sent a distress call and decided to wait for the Federation’s rescue team in suspended animation chambers. Many centuries later, Rheddrian woke up from his slumber and discovered that one of his companions had gone crazy. His chamber had malfunctioned, releasing him before the due time, and he had murdered various members of the crew by altering their sleeping chambers. When he tried to kill Rheddrian, he activated the safeguard system the engineer had placed on his capsule, and he was forced to flee the ship with some other members of the crew to avoid being disintegrated by the defence robots. But the worst fact was that some native humans (Blackmoorians) led by the renegade had violated the ship and scavenged its technology. Rheddrian repelled the invaders and then noticed that their alterations had rendered the still active engine of the Beagle unstable. In order to prevent its imminent destruction, he used all his knowledge to reprogram the containment measures and shut down the system. He did not prevent the explosion of the ship, but at least he managed to decrease its destructive power, and his body was disintegrated in the catastrophe together with the rest of the Beagle. However, immortals from the sphere of Energy magically saved the Beagle’s nuclear reactor and altered it, transporting it to a remote area of the world and hiding it beneath the earth (creating Glantri’s Nucleus of the Spheres). During this operation, Rheddrian’s soul was sucked up in the magical enchantment of the immortals and ended up trapped in his own reckon badge, deformed by the explosion to resemble a mirror-shield. The mirror was then found and changed hands during the following generations, until Benekander was finally freed from his prison by a group of adventurers around AC 1004. He immediately understood that his essence had been transformed into something different, but only after experimenting his new powers and gathering some news about the Multiverse, did he understand he had become a true Immortal thanks to the Radiance power.
Personality: Benekander’s primary goal is to protect humanity from immortals’ interference. Since he is still quite uncomfortable around other immortals and has not yet accepted his new state of existence, he prefers the company of mortals to his fellow immortals, and for now has not revealed his presence to the hierarchs of the Spheres. He spends most of his time on Mystara under the mortal identity of Rheddrian, a well-endowed merchant and an expert of the arcane arts and has used his charisma and treasures to create a secret net of informers and allies.
Future History: After AC 1010, he will also appear as Gareth to the Sindhi, using miracles to extend his base of followers and preaching freedom and respect among mortals.
Information to be discovered by Groups
- Sind (Gareth)
Sphere Pantheon: Energy (Benkander) – Initiate
Design Details – Benekander
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; Clerics must be Lawful or Neutral
- Favoured weapon: none (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: permanent Infravision 60′
- Paladins skills and powers: Lay on Hands
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Energy, Good, Protection, Knowledge
- Preferred weapon: light mace
Benekander – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Freedom (patron) added to the Halfling and Makai pantheons.
- Initiate (rank) added to the Initiates pantheon.
- Sphere of Energy (rank group) added to Energy pantheon.
- 2021-09-26 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon
- 2021-08-15 – Updating timeline to incorporate associated adventure.
- 2021-08-10 – Updated the tags and links.
- 2021-08-06 – Updating links, layout and menu.
- 2021-02-22 – Formatting and adding in links to artefacts.
- 2020-06-23 – Added Allies, Enemies, History, Personality and Other system stats.
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.