Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Koryis – Sphere of Thought
Player Section – Ruaidhri
Lord of Negotiations
- Patron – Lycanthropy, Merchants, Ochalea, Peace, Piety, Prosperity, Tolerance.
- Patron – Civilisation (Diplomacy)
- Temporals pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Temporal)
- Thought pantheon only – Sphere of Thought (Temporal)
- Alphatian Empire (Lord of Negotiations)
- Land Guilds (Lord of Negotiations) Due to Patron of Diplomacy.
- Thyatian Empire (Lord of Negotiations) Due to Patron of Civilisation group (Diplomacy)
- Assembly (Koryis) Due to Immortal of Mystara.
Appearance: a pure Alphatian (air aspected) of gaunt physique, with a pallid complexion and hollow cheeks, wearing a simple tunic and an air of determination and suffering. Occasionally, he takes the form of a large bear with a similar expression of determination.
Game Master Section – Koryis
Ruaidhri – Temporal of Thought (10)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Players Handbook (5e-web-mph 99), Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (0e-wi-bs1 26), Hollow World – Dungeon Masters Sourcebook (oe-hw-dms 108), Vaults of Pandius (web-vop), Night Howlers (0e-pc-04 6)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: Lycanthropy, Merchants, Peace, Prosperity, diplomacy, tolerance, piety, respect of laws, Werebear
- Other Names: Lord of Negotiations
- Sponsor: Pax
- Artefacts: Cup of Koryis
Allies of Koryis
Enemies of Koryis
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Thought
- Sponsorship of the Thought Sphere
- Air Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Thought
- Korotiku (32) Hierarch of Thought
- Ahmanni (14) Celestial of Thought moved to Time (16)
- Asterius (27) Eternal of Thought
- Clebard (2) Initiate of Thought
- Cochere (12) Temporal of Thought
- Cretia (16) Celestial of Thought
- Diulanna (18) Celestial of Thought
- Karaash (5) Initiate of Thought
- Eiryndul (20) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (20)
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (11)
- Loup (9) Temporal of Thought moved to Entropy (9)
- Malinois (16) Celestial of Thought
- Palartarkan (11) Temporal of Thought moved from Energy (12)
- Ralon (9) Temporal of Thought
- Soubrette (24) Empyreal of Thought
- Ssu-Ma (23) Empyreal of Thought
- Turmis (1) Initiate of Thought
- Odin (36) Hierarch of Thought
- Arnelee (8) Temporal of Thought
- Frey (13) Celestial of Thought
- Freyja (14) Celestial of Thought
- Halav (17) Celestial of Thought
- Ninfangle (26) Eternal of Thought (26) Moved from Matter (27)
- Noumena (34) Hierarch of Thought
- Palson (3) Initiate of Thought
- Orisis (19) Empyreal of Thought
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Thought moved from Energy (30)
- Taroyas (6) Initiate of Thought moved from Time (6)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Gorm (22) Empyreal of Thought moved from Energy (19)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Pax (35)
- Kersy (21) Empyreal of Thought
- Koryis (10) Temporal of Thought
- Urtson (7) Temporal of Thought moved from Matter (12)
- Thalia (31) Hierarch of Thought from Energy
- Qywattz (20) Empyreal of Thought moved to Entropy (21)
- Sinbad (25) Eternal of Thought
- Nob Nar (4) Initiate of Thought
- Tyche (28) Eternal of Thought (28) moved to Time (28)
History: in his mortal life Koryis was an Alphatian mage born on Old Alphatia before its destruction prima. During his life as adventurer becoming famous with the pseudonym “Negotiator”, since he preferred peaceful and diplomatic negotiations (practices in which he excelled) to the use of force and fighting. He was also a lycanthrope, able to take the form of a bear at will. Succeeding to take on the path of the Epic Hero long before of the advent of Alphaks on the Alphatian throne, and during his pilgrimage created the witch Kersy, his dark side that still live in the Isle of Paradise in the Plane of Old Alphatia. After being purified, Koryis faced the final test and finally becoming Immortal around 990 BC. When he started to pay attention to the affairs of his compatriots, he discovered that Old Alphatia had been destroyed because of the madness of Alphas VI. Thanks to his powers, tracing the Alphatian survivors to Mystara and began to distinguish oneself among them, preaching peaceful dialogue and equality between the cultures. His cult has been very popular among the merchants and diplomats of the entire world, while in Alphatia he is not greatly followed. He is the national patron of Ochalea; a nation founded by Alphatian expatriates and based on a rigid philosophic doctrine and which is the bastion of his faith.
Personality: Koryis is the typical pacifist faithful to the order that rejects any cutting instrument and to a creed that says that it is possible to resolve all problems and diatribe with dialogue. For this he is not greatly followed by the ardent and chaotic Alphatians, and not is not closely watched even by the more vehement and warlike Immortals.
His only allies are Alphatia, Guidarezzo, and Razud (the third more on and off), while all the Entropic bringers of chaos and destruction are his enemies, in particular Alphaks, who he’s known since both were mortal and who he has never forgiven for the devastation caused on Old Alphatia.
DMing Notes: Koryis is rarely actively involved in mortal lycanthropic events, but he is kindly disposed towards peaceful werecreatures. He would love to reestablish the good will Alphatians once felt towards some lycanthropes.
Information to be discovered by Groups
- Gentle Folk (Lord of Negotiation)
- Ochealean (Koryis)
Design Details – Koryis
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Neutral or Lawful; clerics must be Lawful
- Favoured weapon: none (allowed all one-handed bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Charisma, clerics can freely cast protection from evil once per day (considered a magical ability); +2 bonus to diplomacy and oratory skills (not free). The clerics of Koryis cannot cast the reversed forms of healing and resurrection spells.
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Thought, Law, Good, Persuasion
- Preferred weapon: light mace
Koryis – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Diplomacy (patron) added to the Land Guilds pantheon.
- Diplomacy (patron) added to the Civilisation patron group.
- Civilisation (patron group) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Temporal (rank) added to the Temporals pantheon.
- Sphere of Thought (rank group) added to Thought pantheon.
- 2022-01-14 – Added in some content from Night Howlers (PC-4
- 2021-09-26 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview, Patrons
GM Section: Immortality Overview, Path Conqueror, Path Dragon, Path Dynast, Path Epic Hero, Path Paragon, Path Polymath, Quest Petition, Quest Meeting
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
The Pantheons, The Immortals, The Divine Features
Racial Pantheons: Atruaghin, Dragonkin, Dwarven and Gnome, Elven, Ethengarian, Giantkin, Halfling, Traladaran
Cultural Pantheons: Alphatian Empire, Land Guilds, Makai, Norse, Ocean Guilds, Outcast, Thyatian Empire, Ylari
Elemental Pantheons: Air, Darkness, Earth, Fire, Forest, Ocean, Radiance, Shadowlands, Sky, Water
Immortal Pantheons: Celestials, Elemental Rulers, Empyreals, Energy, Entropy, Eternals, Hierarchs, Initiates, Matter, Spheres, Temporals, Thought, Time
Special Pantheons: Ancient Ones, Assembly, Azcan, Davania, Hollow World, Myoshima, Nithian, Norwold, Old Ones, Olympian, Savage Coast
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.