Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Arik – Sphere of Entropy
The One Hundred Eyes
Lord of Madness and Nightmares
- Patron – Madness, Massacres, Nightmares. Patron – Elements (Chaos), Racial (Planar Races (Beholders))
- Celestials pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Celestial)
- Entropy pantheon only – Sphere of Entropy (Celestial)
- Alphatian Empire (Lord of Madness and Nightmares) Due to Patron of the Planar Races group (Beholders)
- Outcast (The One Hundred Eyes) Due to Patron of Chaos.
- Thyatian Empire (The One Hundred Eyes)
- Shadowlands (The One Hundred Eyes) Due to Patron of Beholders.
- Celestials (Arik) Due to Rank of Celestial.
- Entropy (Arik) Due to Member of Sphere of Entropy.
- Spheres (Arik) Due to Patron of Elements group (Chaos)
Game Master Section
Arik – Celestial of Entropy (18)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-39), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Chaotic
- Portfolio: madness, chaos, nightmares, massacres, beholders
- Other Names: The One Hundred Eyes, Lord of Madness and Nightmares
- Sponsor: Thanatos
- Artefacts: Eye of Arik
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Entropy
- Sponsorship of the Entropy Sphere
- Hel (36) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Thanatos (35) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Alphaks (20) Empyreal of Entropy
- Arik (18) Celestial of Entropy
- Harrow (11) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (11)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Bachraeus (19) Empyreal of Entropy
- Demogorgon (30) Eternal of Entropy.
- Loki (30) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Orcus (26) Eternal of Entropy
- Ouranos (34) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy (35)
- Pharamond (32) Hierarch of Entropy moved from Energy
- Qywattz (21) Empyreal of Entropy moved from Thought (20)
- Ranivorus (16) Celestial of Entropy
- Loup (9) Temporal of Entropy moved from Thought (9)
- Talitha (25) Eternal of Entropy
History: Arik is an mysterious immortal whose past is lost in the mists of time and looking for information on him is difficult, some would say dangerous even for Immortals. What little is known of him is that he was imprisoned in an faraway pocket dimension long ago by other Immortals, who expelled him from the Multiverse. The reason of this extreme measure is unknown, but there are rumours. Some say Arik got imprisoned because he had gone too far in cooperating with the alien entities known as Outer Beings (creatures whose powers and goals remain unknown and who are caged inside the Vortex Dimension) and this brought him to ultimate madness. Others say that Arik offended some of the Hierarchs of the Spheres with a blasphemous act of challenge and got punished this way before he could risk the Multiverse stability. The truth is yet to be revealed.
Arik could be the creator of Zargon, the demi-immortal creature that caused Cynidicea’s collapse and that now sleeps under that city waiting for the time to be free again.
Personality: The cult of Arik has almost disappeared from the Multiverse, and now only some beholders (who are presumed to be his spawn) and some evil mad cultists (among which those living in the lost city of Cynidicea) still honour him.
However Arik has always tried to come back to the Multiverse to get his vengeance and drive his enemies insane. Currently his efforts are focused on retrieving the Eye of Arik, a powerful artefact he left on Mystara that could be used in a special ritual to break the chains holding him in prison. His immediate goal is to get new followers and thus new fresh power to escape his prison dimension and maybe take with him the Outer Beings, bringing the Multiverse into a new order made of chaos and folly.
Info on Arik to be discovered by Groups
- Traldar (Arik)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Chaotic
- Favoured weapon: none (allowed all piercing weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: clerics can cast freely “Fear” spell thrice per day, +1 bonus to ST vs Spells affecting Mind, +2 bonus to skills related to beholder civilisation and outer planes clerics can cast freely “Cause Light Wounds” spell thrice per day, bonus “Fighting Frenzy” skill
- Avengers skills and powers: cast freely “Cause Light Wounds” spell thrice per day, bonus “Fighting Frenzy” skill
- Spells: feign death (2), pain (3°), confusion (4), desperation (4), mass madness (6), mindshatter (6), demonic metamorphosis (7), eyes of the beholder (7).
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Entropy, Chaos, Evil, Madness, Dreams
- Preferred weapon: longspear
Arik – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Beholders (patron) added to the Shadowlands pantheon.
- Beholders (patron) added to the Planar Races patron group.
- Chaos (patron) added to the Outcast pantheon.
- Chaos (panton) added to the Elements patron group.
- Elements (patron group) added to the Spheres pantheon.
- Planar Races (patron group) added to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
- Celestial (rank) added to the Celestials pantheon.
- Sphere of Entropy (rank group) added to Entropy pantheon.
- 2021-09-10 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.