Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Khoronus – Sphere of Time
Player Section – Khoronus
Keeper of the Gates of Time
- Secret Crafts:
- Patron – Government, History, Patience, Persuasion, Philosophy, Time, Wisdom.
- Patron and Title Keywords – Civilisation (Diplomacy), Title (Sphere of Time (Ancient, Hierarch))
- Ancient Ones pantheon only – Sphere of Time (Ancient)
- Hierarchs pantheon only – Sphere of Time (Hierarch)
- Time pantheon only – Sphere of Time (Hierarch)
* details to come. R – Ritual Spells
- Elven (Father Time) –
- Alphatian Empire (Keeper of the Gates of Time)
- Land Guild (Khoronus) Due to Patron of Diplomacy and Government.
- Thyatian Empire (Keeper of the Gates of Time) Due to Patron of Civilisation group (Diplomacy, Government)
- Ancient Ones (Khoronus) Due to Rank of Ancient.
- Assembly (Khoronus) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara
Appearance: a tall human of a solemn attitude, so old he appears ageless yet without being elderly or hunchbacked, with long white hair and an equally long white beard, dressed in a regal though simple tunic.
Khoronus’ Campaign Information
Game Master Section – Khoronus
Khoronus – Hierarch of Time (36)
- Sourcebooks: Mystara Players Handbook (mph98), Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-25), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Neutral
- Portfolio: Teaching lessons of time to rulers, flow of time, wisdom, history, philosophy, good government, patience, persuasion, diplomacy
- Other Names: Fu Shi Liu, Naabu, Father Time, Keeper of the Gates of Time
- Sponsor: Khoronus
- Artefact: Scythe of Khoronus
Allies of Khoronus
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Simurgh (19) Empyreal of Time
Enemies of Khoronus
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Time
- Sponsorship of the Time Sphere
- Fugit (30) Eternal of Time
- Khoronus (36) Hierarch of Time
- Khoronus (36) Hierarch of Time
- Brindorhin (14) Celestial of Time
- Finidel (7) Temporal of Time
- Carnelian (11) Temporal of Time
- Ordana (31) Hierarch of Time
- Petra (17) Celestial of Time
- Protius (29) Eternal of Time
- Al-Kalim (3) Initiate of Time
- Ahmanni (16) Celestial of Time moved from Thought (14)
- Chardastes (24) Empyreal of Time
- Hymir (13) Celestial of Time
- Kallala (14) Celestial of Time moved to Entropy (22)
- Malafor (15) Celestial of Time moved from Matter (18)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Time moved from Matter (10)
- Vanya (23) Empyreal of Time
- Liena (1) Initiate of Time
- Taroyas (6) Initiate of Time moved to Thought (6)
- Brindorhin (14) Celestial of Time
- Khoronus (36) Hierarch of Time
- Luca (12) Temporal of Time
- Simurgh (26) Eternal of Time
- Vethandi (35) Hierarch of Time
- Gorrziok (25) Eternal of Time moved from Matter (22)
- Skuld (34) Hierarch of Time was Entropy (34)
- Tyche (28) Eternal of Time (28) was Thought (28)
- Urd (32) Hierarch of Time was Matter (35)
- Zalaj (27) Eternal of Time
- Water Elemaster (32) Hierarch of Time
History: during his mortal life, Khoronus was one of the founders of the city of Blackmoor and councillor of its ruler. Preoccupied by the short-sightedness of his townsmen and by their scant sense of responsibility, succeeding thanks to his magical ability to construct a time machine for discovering with it what had happened their descendants and assisted in the destruction of Blackmoor. Understanding that he could never change the attitude of his contemporaries, he decided to at least protect his family and his beloved without changing the future. He therefore travelled a century in the future, convincing some descendants to follow him in a journey across the cosmos, and together they founded a new colony on a far-off planet, where they recreated the Blackmoorian culture from the original, planning even the capital of a new kingdom. Subsequently he used the time machine to help his descendants in the new world, and in the course of his adventure found another more reliable machine with which to continue his travels in time. Concluding his work, he sent the two machines into the future, so that no one could use them to alter that this fact had happened, and then died… or better, when he believed he was dead he awoke and discovered that he had become an Immortal in the Sphere of Time (seeing that at that time, in 4100 BC, there wasn’t an Immortal of this sphere known to Blackmoor that could help him). Only many centuries after, in a moment of melancholic remembrance, he wanted to recreate his time machine enhanced by his Immortal powers. Accidentally however he activated it and it disappeared… only to reappear shortly after, accompanied by his old original time machine! It was in that moment that he understood that he had accidentally helped himself to become Immortal.
Personality: In the course of millennia Khoronus has always tried to spur on the mortals, especially government leaders, to carefully consider his own responsibility and using wisdom and farsightedness in their decisions, favouring the birth of different philosophic academies in which peacefully argue of politics and good government. He always carefully ponders any problem before taking a decision, a fact which often exasperates his equals, those who instead want quicker and resolute decisions. Moreover, he exhorts the faithful and allies to patient dialogue before acting, in the conviction that it is easier and more useful to resolve the problems with the dialectics rather than with the breech of trust. He is universally recognised as the patron of wisdom and the mysteries of Time, of which he became the supreme hierarch after numerous centuries of slow and constant growth. He became the faithful companion of Djaea after her ascension among the Immortals, sharing the interests and the reflective nature of the Immortal. At the moment he is particularly careful to monitor the flow of time for saving those who would create destabilising paradoxes in the Prime Plane. Moreover he is the most interested among the Immortals to research the truth on the existence of the Old Ones, as well as to discover the hidden mystery that is behind the disappearance of the previous generation of Immortals, preoccupied by the fact that any catastrophic event that had brought about their disappearance could happen again in the future.
Info on Khoronus to be discovered by Groups
- Davania (Naabu)
- Ochalean (Fu Shi Liu)
- Old Ones (Khoronus)
- Traldar (Khoronus)
Design Details – Khoronus
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: clerics and followers can have any alignment
- Favoured weapon: scythe (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: +2 bonus to individual Initiative, free sense time ability, +2 bonus to any one history or knowledge skill (not free), one free Wisdom based skill (cleric’s choice)
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Time, Knowledge, Magic, Nobility, Oracle, Persuasion
- Preferred weapon: scythe
Khoronus – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Diplomacy and Government (patron) added to the Land Guilds pantheon.
- Diplomacy and Government (patron) added to the Civilisation patron group.
- Civilisation (patron group) added to the Thyatian Empire pantheon.
- Ancient (rank) added to the Ancient Ones pantheon.
- Hierarch (rank) added to the Hierarchs pantheon.
- Sphere of Time (rank group) added to Time pantheon.
- 2021-09-18 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-19 – Update to allies and enemies.
- 2021-08-06 – Update to allies and enemies.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.