Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Faunus – Sphere of Matter
Player Section – Faunus
- Patron – Forest Races, Fun, Hedonism, Instincts, Music, Poetry, Revelry, Sexuality, Sylvan Races. Patron – Drunkenness, Living (Animals)
- Temporals pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Temporal)
- Thought pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Temporal)
- Atruaghin (The Faun) Due to Patron of Animals
- Elven (Keeper of the Sylvan Races) –
- Traladaran (Innuus)
- Norse (Innuus) Due to Patron of Drunkenness
- Forest (Faunus) Due to Patron of Drunkenness and Living group (Animals)
- Assembly (Faunus) Due to being an Immortal of Mystara
Appearance: a classic satyr or faun (humanoid with a hairy body, with a human head and torso, a goat’s legs and tail and a pair of small horns on the temple) his aspect can be that of a young stately and captivating person or that of an old, fat drunkard.
Faunus’ Campaign Information
Game Master Section – Faunus
Faunus – Temporal of Matter (11)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-20), Hollow World – Dungeon Masters Sourcebook (hw-dms101), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Chaotic
- Portfolio: Forest Races, sylvan races, animals, instincts, sexuality, drunkenness, revelry, hedonism, poetry and music
- Sponsor: Terra
- Other Names: Cernuinn, Fu Han Qing, Innuus, Keeper of the Sylvan Race, Lupercus, Silenus, The Faun.
- Artefacts: Javelin of Faunus, Sling of Faunus
Allies of Faunus
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Eiryndul (20) Empyreal of Energy
- Palson (4) Initiate of Thought
- Zirchev (17) Celestial of Energy
Enemies of Faunus
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: Faunus is an ancient Immortal, so much so that he has forgotten his origins. The only thing he remembers is of having been a goat being magically changed to be more intelligent and more useful to his creators (probably the Carnifex). With time his intelligence and conscience grew until making him a sentient and independent being, besides being extremely long-lived. So, after having spent a large part of his life eating and drinking, delights in the poetic arts and in those virtuosos, was able finally to undertake the path that conducted him to Immortality in the Sphere of Matter. His descendants are the actual satyrs (also called fauns or sileni).
Personality: Faunus is an Immortal interesting only in his own welfare and the protection of woodland creatures as well as herds. He doesn’t have ambitions of power or evil intensions: he is the incarnation of animal urges and the survival instinct. Faunus loves enjoying himself and satisfying any desire and invites his followers to do likewise with free spirit, enjoying the pleasures of the flesh and harnesses music and song as means for freeing the spirit and the instincts. Faunus is a good friend of Eiryndul (who shares his wild spirit and the love for the sylvan races), of Zirchev and Chiron (protectors of the animals and inhabitants of the forest) and often finds an ally in the young Palson, lover of music and passions.
Info on Faunus to be discovered by Groups
- Davania Pantheon (Lupercus)
- Forest (Faunus)
- Hule (Cemuinn)
- Ochalean (Fu Han Qing)
- Savage Coast (Silenus)
- Traldar (Innuus)
Design Details – Faunus
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; clerics must be Neutral or Chaotic
- Favoured weapon: javelin (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: clerics have the permanent ability to speak with animals, and freely gain the knowledge of nature and eating and drinking skills.
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Chaos, Animal, Arts
- Preferred weapon: club
Faunus – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Animals (patron) added to the Atruaghin pantheon.
- Animals (patron) added to the Living paton group.
- Living (patron group) added to the Forest pantheon.
- Temporal (rank) added to the Temporals pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-05 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon. Added new name, The Faun.
- 2021-08-19 – Update to layout, menu, tags and links.
- 2021-08-18 – Updates to layout, allies and enemies.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.