Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Utnapishtim – Sphere of Matter
Protector of the Living Species
- Patron – Hope, Justice, Protection, Survival, Travel
- Empyreals pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Empyreal)
- Matter pantheon only – Sphere of Matter (Empyreal)
- Empyreals (Utnapishtim) Due to Rank of Empyreal.
- Matter (Utnapishtim) Due to Member of Sphere of Matter.
Appearance: a middle aged Oltec with dark complexion, black moustaches and goatee, curly raven hair that falls down on his shoulders, hazel eyes with a keen gaze. He wears a short blue cotton robe embroidered with golden motives, a pair of simple sandals and a tall conical hat.
Game Master Section
Utnapishtim – Empyreal of Matter (23)
- Sourcebooks: Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: survival, travel, justice, protection of the living species
- Other Names: Protector of the Living Species
- Sponsor: Ka
Allies of Utnapishtim
Enemies of Utnapishtim
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Matter
- Sponsorship of the Matter Sphere
- Earth Elemaster (33) Hierarch of Matter
- Ouranos (35) Hierarch of Matter Moved to Entropy (34)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Buglore (9) Temporal of Matter
- Djaea (34) Hierarch of Matter
- Infaust (16) Celestial of Matter
- Faunus (11) Temporal of Matter
- Chiron (6) Initiate of Matter
- Forsetta (7) Temporal of Matter
- Ka (35) Hierarch of Matter
- Bastet (16) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (22).
- Gorrziok (22) Empyreal of Matter moved to Time (25)
- Crakkak (10) Temporal of Matter moved to Time (10)
- Kagyar (28) Eternal of Matter
- Garl (13) Celestial of Matter
- Branden (3) Initiate of Matter moved to Energy (11)
- Ilmarinen (20) Empyreal of Matter
- Polunius (25) Eternal of Matter
- The Korrigans (22) Empyreal of Matter moved from Energy (24)
- The Twelve Watches (4) Initiate of Matter
- Wayland (24) Empyreal of Matter
- Garl (13) Celestial of Matter
- Lokena (2) Initiate of Matter
- Lornasen (10) Temporal of Matter moved from Energy (7)
- Ninfangle (27) Eternal of Matter (27) Moved to Thought (26)
- Wogar (5) Initiate of Matter
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Matter moved from Energy (17)
- Utnapishtim (23) Empyreal of Matter
- Land (27) Eternal of Matter
- Maat (30) Eternal of Matter
- Paarkum (8) Temporal of Matter
- The Eternal General (14) Celestial of Matter
- Macroblan (13) Celestial of Matter moved to Entropy (27)
- Malafor (18) Celestial of Matter moved to Time (15)
- The Great One (26) Eternal of Matter
- Urtson (12) Temporal of Matter moved to Thought (7)
- Terra (36) Hierarch of Matter
- Valerias (31) Hierarch of Matter
History: Utnapishtim was an Oltec that lived during the civil war between Oltecs and Azcans in central Brun. Devout cleric of Kalaktatla, he was pushed by his patron to gather a numerous group of followers in order to sail westward, looking for a new land to settle where war could not reach them. Utnapishtim was thus responsible for organising the Oltec expedition that reached and colonised the Savage Coast in 3400 BC. Utnapishtim worked hard to keep peace between the Oltec princes that had followed him, and he became a central figure in the Oltec confederation of the Savage Coast, the only High Priest that managed to earn the confidence and the obedience of all the nobles without proclaiming his superiority or demanding to be hailed King. In BC 3150, near the end of his long mortal life (largely extended beyond human timespan thanks to his powers and the Immortals’ blessing), Kalaktatla appeared in his dreams and gave him a new choice: to die and come to live eternally in his paradise, or to be reincarnated in order to save other people from death and destruction, serving justice until his second death. Utnapishtim chose to serve his patron once again, and so he started his path of the Polymath.
In his first reincarnation he became a beastman explorer in the north of Brun. After witnessing the persecution brought to his brethren by the cruel and powerful Blackmoorians, he devised a plan to escape the Blackmoorian’s crusade and save his tribe using the sea as the only escape route. He built a great Ark with his companions’ help, and he led his tribe southeast (since the Blackmoorians came from the west), making landfall in the proto-Alphatian peninsula inhabited by the Neathar Yanifey. Here the beastmen settled in the colder regions, living separated from the more numerous (albeit primitive) humans of the south, and the descendants of these beastmen are the humanoids that currently live in Alphatia, who follow the more peaceful teachings of Ka and Terra.
Then he was reincarnated in an Oltec wizard on the eastern coast of Skothar some decades before the Great Rain of Fire. After receiving an omen regarding a disaster of huge proportions, he started to warn his fellow citizens of an imminent catastrophe, but very few heeded his words. He then went looking for a great Ark where he could have stored a sample of all the animal species, the only creatures without malice, and survived the great flood that he was expecting. All of this had been planned by Ka as a test to retrieve the Ark and accomplish part of his path of the Polymath, but even Ka did not know that his fake omens would have proved terribly true. After retrieving the Ark on the proto-Alphatian continent, Utnapishtim gathered many animals and few selected Oltecs who proved honest and true to his teachings, and he left the Skotharian coasts shortly before the Great Rain of Fire hit Mystara. When the cataclysm struck, mountains of water rocked the sea, the sky started to cry tears of fire and the land cracked billowing black smoke from its bowels. Utnapishtim’s Ark sailed on the perilous seas for weeks, waiting for a sign from the immortals to understand where to go or stop. Finally a great kingfisher swam ahead of the vessel and guided the survivors to a great continent, where Utnapishtim and his followers landed. This land was still mostly uninhabited, save for some tribes of rakasta, and so they founded here their colonies, becoming the first human inhabitants of Bellissaria and bringing with them many animal species so common in Skothar, which they thought had been swallowed by the sea.
Later on Utnapishtim became an elf in the devastated land of Evergrun, and had to find the Ark quickly in order to transport his clan and numerous inhabitants of the forests of Evergrun in their new homeland of Grunland, before the earthquakes and the waters swallowed Evergrun. Only in BC 2800 he managed to become Immortal in sphere of the Matter, after accomplishing the last epic quest in the Savage Coast, where in the jungles of the Immortal’s Arm he built the Temple of the Ark, a monumental ziggurat that hides the powerful artefact.
Personality: Utnapishtim is the patron of order and life that wins over Chaos and destruction. He gives hope to his followers and teaches them to respect the laws to live peacefully. His clerics preach the respect for Immortal Justice, Traditions and Order, and are famous as wise judges in the communities they protect. Utnapishtim is also associated with travel and protection of the living species, and this makes him a good ally of Ka and Terra, while he is a long time enemy of Thanatos.
Information to be discovered by Groups
- Bellissaria (Utnapishtim)
- Oltec (Protector of the Living Species)
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: Lawful or Neutral
- Favoured weapon: none (allowed all bludgeoning weapons)
- Clerics skills and powers: free Direction Sense and Navigation general skills, +2 bonus to general skill Knowledge of Codes and Laws of a specific civilisation (not free)
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Matter, Law, Travel, Protection, Justice
- Preferred weapon: light mace
Wayland – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Empyreal (rank) added to the Empyreals pantheon.
- Sphere of Matter (rank group) added to Matter pantheon.
- 2021-09-20 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-19 – Update to allies and enemies.
- 2021-08-15 – Update to allies and enemies.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview, Patrons
GM Section: Immortality Overview, Path Conqueror, Path Dragon, Path Dynast, Path Epic Hero, Path Paragon, Path Polymath, Quest Petition, Quest Meeting
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
The Pantheons, The Immortals, The Divine Features
Racial Pantheons: Atruaghin, Dragonkin, Dwarven and Gnome, Elven, Ethengarian, Giantkin, Halfling, Traladaran
Cultural Pantheons: Alphatian Empire, Land Guilds, Makai, Norse, Ocean Guilds, Outcast, Thyatian Empire, Ylari
Elemental Pantheons: Air, Darkness, Earth, Fire, Forest, Ocean, Radiance, Shadowlands, Sky, Water
Immortal Pantheons: Celestials, Elemental Rulers, Empyreals, Energy, Entropy, Eternals, Hierarchs, Initiates, Matter, Spheres, Temporals, Thought, Time
Special Pantheons: Ancient Ones, Assembly, Azcan, Davania, Hollow World, Myoshima, Nithian, Norwold, Old Ones, Olympian, Savage Coast
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is currently undergoing migration to www.thedarkelf007.com website due to needing a different set of tools that I had available to me on here.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.