Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara Immortals
Mealiden – Sphere of Energy
Player Section – Mealiden
Caretaker of the Elves
- Patron – Elves, Explorers, Guardians. Loyalty, Protection, War. Adventure.
- Elven Pantheon Only – Nationality (Alfheim)
- Empyreals pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Empyreal)
- Energy pantheon only – Sphere of Energy (Empyreal)
- Elven (Caretaker of the Elves) Due to Patron of Alfheim
Appearance: Appearance: a young warrior elf with a daring smile, clad in practical hunting clothes with sylvan hues. He always carries a longbow on his back and has many sparks hovering around his head, which move slowly when he is calm and quicker when he’s agitated.
Mealiden’s Campaign Information
Game Master Section – Mealiden
Mealiden – Empyreal of Energy (23)
- Sourcebooks: Wrath of the Immortals Book One – Codex of the Immortals (wi-b1-28), Hollow World – Dungeon Masters Sourcebook (hw-dms109), Mystara Players Handbook (mph100), Vaults of Pandius (vop)
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: Protecting Ilsundal, Elves, Alfheim, protection, guardians, loyalty, war, adventure, exploration
- Sponsor: Ilsundal
- Other Names: Starwatcher, The Guardian, Milan, The Red Arrow, Caretaker of the Elves
- Artefacts: Longbow of Mealiden, Egg of the Phoenix
Allies of Mealiden
Assists (can also be assisted by)
- Ordana (31) Hierarch of Time
Enemies of Mealiden
Opposes (can also be opposed by)
- Atzanteotl (31) Hierarch of Entropy.
- Idris (15) Celestial of Entropy
Sponsorship Hierarchy – Energy
- Sponsorship of the Energy Sphere
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Coberham (18) Celestial of Energy
- Gorm (19) Empyreal of Energy moved to Thought (22)
- Heimdall (30) Eternal of Energy
- Ilsundal (34) Hierarch of Energy.
- Mahmatti (14) Celestial of Energy
- Ninsun (35) Hierarch of Energy
- Palartarkan (12) Temporal of Energy moved to Thought (11)
- Patura (10) Temporal of Energy
- Rathanos (28) Eternal of Energy
- Razud (31) Hierarch of Energy.
- Saturnius (20) Empyreal of Energy
- Tahkati (17) Celestial of Energy moved to Matter (17)
- Tarastia (30) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (30)
- Raith (12) Temporal of Energy
- The Korrigans (24) Empyreal of Energy moved to Matter (22)
- Thor (29) Eternal of Energy. moved to Thought (29)
- Thalia (36) Hierarch of Energy moved to Thought (31)
- Usamigaras (27) Eternal of Energy moved to Thought (27)
- Zugzul (32) Hierarch of Energy.
- Slizzark (15) Celestial of Energy moved to Entropy (17)
- Ixion (36) Hierarch of Energy
- Confirmed not to have a sponsor
History: during his mortal life them, Mealiden was an elven adventurer that lived in the Sylvan Realm. When his homeland became surrounded by threatening human nations that rose along the borders and the elves remained besieged in their paradise, Mealiden concentrated his efforts in finding a way of escape for his kin, until he discovered the Rainbow Path. After assuring Ilsundal’s approval of his epic quest, Mealiden was granted by the deity nine seedlings similar to the original Tree of Life, with the purpose of giving a relic to each of the clans who would have followed him through the Rainbow Path. He led the majority of the elves away from the Sylvan Realm and travelling through the magical gateway of the Rainbow Path in BC 800 they landed in the southwestern corner of the current Thyatian mainland. After being chased away by the humans who inhabited those lands, they were helped by the elves who already lived in the area (the Vyalia, descendants of those who had split from Ilsundal’s migration 1300 years before), and for a brief time they settled in their forest. Afterwards, Mealiden guided his followers’ northwards, until he found an empty grassland in the heart of current Darokin. Here the elven mages began to use their powerful weather magic to change the climate and in less than a century a mighty forest sprung up: Canolbarth. When the rituals were completed, Mealiden was hailed first monarch of the new Kingdom of Alfheim in BC 700. He reigned wisely and protected his kin for more than 400 years, becoming also the most powerful spellcaster in the region especially after Nithia’s downfall in BC 500. After creating a unique artefact, the Egg of the Phoenix, Mealiden abdicated in favour of his successor, Alevar, in BC 350, and having completed successfully the Path of the Paragon after a century he was finally acclaimed as immortal by his descendants. From that moment he acts as bodyguard of Ilsundal and has never stopped to protect the elves of Alfheim, extending his guardianship also to many other elven communities of the Savage Coast.
Personality: Mealiden is Ilsundal’s right hand and bodyguard, the ever watchful caretaker of the Alfheimers and of all those elves who worship him. Little remained of the brisk and mocking character he had in his youth ever since he took on the responsibility of protecting and saving his kinsmen. He is a serious and strong willed immortal now, but he has not lost his love for adventures and epic challenges, and shows liking in bold and light-spirited adventurers. He is utterly loyal to Ilsundal’s cause and occasionally cooperates with Zirchev, since both share the love for the woods and woodland creatures. He hates Atzanteotl, the nemesis of all surface elves, and fights all Ilsundal’s enemies.
Info on Mealiden to be discovered by Groups
Other Pantheon:- Norwold (Mealiden)
Design Details – Mealiden
Classic D&D (BECMI) Stats
- Followers Alignment: any; clerics must be Lawful
- Favoured weapon: long or short bow (allowed all short-sized slashing weapons, longsword and rapier)
- Clerics skills and powers: +1 bonus to Dexterity, bonus general skills Quickdraw and Rapid Shooting
- Paladins skills and powers: a free slot of weapon mastery with bows (long or short), +10% bonus to advance in the weapon mastery with bows [see Master set rules]
D&D 3.5 Stats
- Domains: Energy, Good, War, Protection, Travel
- Preferred weapon: long or short bow
Mailiden – Patron to Pantheon Links – This is to be the basis on who is in what Pantheon and why.
- Adventure (patron) added to the Makai pantheon.
- Alfheim (patron) added to the Elven pantheon
- Empyreal (rank) added to the Empyreals pantheon.
- Sphere of Energy (rank group) added to Energy pantheon.
- 2021-09-04 – Added in design changes and Patron to Pantheon links to show where this Immortal features in the Pantheon.
- 2021-08-19 – Update to allies and enemies. Update to layout, menu, tags and links.
- 2021-08-05 – Some cleanup with links added, also allies and enemies.
- 2020-06-23 – Added Allies, Enemies, History, Personality and Other system stats.
The Gods: The Immortals Overview,
Energy/Fire (31): Alphatia (16), Bartziluth (24), Bemarris (3), Benekander (1), Branden 11), Coberham (18), Fire Elemaster (33), Guidarezzo (15), Heimdall (30), Iliric (8), Ilsundal (34), Ixion (36), Madarua (26), Mazikeen (27), Mahmatti (14), Matin (19), Mealiden (23), Minroth (13), Ninsun (35), Patura (10), Pflarr (25), Rad (22), Rafiel (21), Raith (12), Rathanos (28), Razud (31), Saturnius (20), The Shaper (7), The Shining One (29), Zirchev (17), Zugzul (32)
Entropy/Darkness (35): Alphaks (20), Aracne Prime (6), Arik (18), Atzanteotl (31), Bachraeus (19), Bagni (24), Brissard (10), Danel (14), Demogorgon (29), Harrow (11), Hel (36), Hircismus (12), Idris (15), Jammudaru (5), Kallala (22), Kiranjo (7), Kythria (2), Loki (30), Loup (9), Macroblan (27), Marwdyn (4), Masauwu (28), Nyx (33), Orcus (26), Ouranos (34), Pharamond (32), Qywattz (21), Ranivorus (16), Ruaidhri (3), Saasskas (23), Slizzark (17), Stodos (6), Talitha (25), Thanatos (35), Yagrai (13)
Matter/Earth (34): Atruaghin (32), Buglore (9), Chiron (6), Diamond (21), Djaea (34), Earth Elemaster (33), Faunus (11), Forsetta (7), Garl (13), Ground (19), Hattani (15), Ilmarinen (20), Infaust (16), Ka (35), Kagyar (28), Land (27), Lokena (2), Lornasen (10), Maat (30), N’grath (29), Opal (18), Paarkum (8), Polunius (25), Pearl (12), Tahkati (17), Terra (36), The Eternal General (14), The Great One (26), The Korrigans (24), The Twelve Watches (4), Utnapishtim (23), Valerias (31), Wayland (24), Wogar (5)
Thought/Air (36): Air Elemaster (32), Arnelee (8), Asterius (28), Clebard (2), Cochere (12), Cretia (16), Diulanna (18), Eiryndul (20), Frey (13), Freyja (13), Gorm (22), Halav (17), Karaash (5), Kersy (21), Korotiku (32), Koryis (10), Malinois (15), Ninfangle (27), Nob Nar (5), Noumena (34), Odin (36), Orisis (19), Palartarkan (11), Palson (4), Pax (35), Ralon (9), Sinbad (25), Soubrette (24), Ssu-Ma (23), Tarastia (30), Taroyas (6), Thalia (31), Thor (29), Turmis (1), Urtson (7), Usamigaras (27)
Time/Water (33): Al-Kalim (3), Ahmanni (14), Bastet (22), Brindorhin (14), Calitha (18), Carnelian (11), Chardastes (24), Crakkak (10), Finidel (7), Fugit (30), Gorrziok (25), Hymir (13), Khoronus (36), Liena (1), Luca (12), Malafor (15), Oleyan (6), Ordana (31), Petra (17), Protius (29), Raven (21), Sharpcrest (19), Simurgh (19), Skuld (34), Tiresias (9), Tourlain (8), Tyche (28), Urd (32), Vanya (23), Vethandi (35), Water Elemaster (33), Yav (20), Zalaj (27)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.