Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Adventures – Introduction to the Atruaghin Clans
- Source: The Atruaghin Clans (0e-gaz-14)
- This features in the following sections:
- Content Updates
This is a storyline is used as an introduction adventures for the Wrath of the Immortals based in the Atruaghin Clans.
Introduction to the Atruaghin Clans – Overview
- Gazetteer – Atruaghin
- Session Recordings
- AC 1000-01-01 (T) – Introduction to the Atruaghin Clans – Audio Only Recordings T1 to T2 (requires cleaning up)
Introduction to the Atruaghin Clans – Timeline
- Timeline – AC 1000 – Atruaghin Clans
- Introduction to the Atruaghin Clans – The start of the campaign introducing the Clans, and character backstory.
- Atruaghin Clans Ascension – The Horse Clan is taking on the Chameleon Tribe (Tiger Clan), Mountain Lion Tribe (Bear Clan), and the Pelican Tribe (Turtle Clan), Trout Tribe (Elk Clan)
- Mystery at Atruaghin’s Palace – A evil has entered into the ruins of the Palace of Atruaghin and a dream quest has been sent to members of the clans cleanse it.
- Mystery of the Hidden Kingdom of Dragons – Dragonborn arrive – The first glimpses of Dragonborn on records are near the Wrymsteeth mountains, Atruaghin Clans, Karameikos and Ylaruam.
- Relic Hunter – Dragon Hatchery – The tribes and the border forts of Darokin are skirmishing.
- Still to be Edited
- (mdt) The Spinner’s Hole – Subdue spiders so weavers can get their harvest.
Introduction to the Atruaghin Clans – The Concept
This storyline is to introduce players to the region known as the Atruaghin Clans, where animalistic races walk alongside humans as equals and constructive members of the society.
The belief of the people is in ancestral spirits as well as a dedication to the lands. Technology and the use of metals has been forbidden for anything beyond ritualistic connections with the spirits themselves. Using metal weapons, armour or currency is to taint the spirit of the user and their ancestors and spirit guides will not communicate with them because of this.
Festival of Winter. Introduction of the Bronze Dragonborn from the Bay of Whales Clutch to the Atruaghin Clans as part of the festival of winter. This was to showcase their limited understanding and youthfulness, even if they appeared as an adult to the characters.
Introduction to the Atruaghin Clans – The Reveal
AC 1000 – Year 1 – Level 1
Characters meet for the festival of winter. They witness the clans honouring the Aniumalistic races of Minotaur (with elk horns) and Centaurs. The riding animal of choice ofr the clan members are Giant Elk.
With one of the characters having a backstory of a betrothal to one of the tribes, I have worked in the introduction to inlcude a wedding between Faceplanter and Questions-All-Existance one of the shamans of the Mountain Lion tribe in the Bear Clan lands.
Intro to the Atruaghin Clans – The Outcome
Introduction of the Dragonborn acting as a group in the setting. They gain some starting items with a catch of a Clerical servant of the Dragon Gods.
This campaign was never played by my Wednesday group as they wanted to get stuck into the storyline. This is the final of the gazetteer booklets with the next one being a major boxed set dealing with the two main powers of the region.
I had intended this one to be an interesting look at tribal life an how the blending of the tribes keeps them safe, and the self imposed isolation is the greatest danger they face.
Update: My Tuesday night group have started this campaign and I have incorporated elements from Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Tales from the Yawning Portal. This has become the launchpad for the Wrath f the Immortals Tuesday Night Group.
Notable changes to the setting:
- The Atruaghin are mainly barbarians with totems of their tribes, or rangers, no fighters or paladins exist in this region. Rogues also in the children of the tiger.
- Spellcasters are limited to bards, druids and sorcerers, with warlocks also in the children of the tiger.
- The portal to the new world remains undiscovered.
- Possibility of more totems being used with more clans?
- Each of the tribes may contain animalistic humanoids which are the totems of their tribe.
- 2021-08-24 – Added more information into the concept section.
- 2021-08-22 – Update layout and menu, added in timeline.
- 2021-05-09 – Cleaned up the look and layout.
- 2020-07-31 – Moved the notes for the gaz14 Mini Campaign to here.
Introduction: (1/13) – Atruaghin Clans
(Tier 1 – Introduction 11/46)
(Tier 2 – Investigation 16/50)
AC 1005 (Year 6) – (10/17) – Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau, Cult (of the Scarlet Moon), Mystery (in Aegos, in Sundsvall, in Thyatis City, of the Alphatian Duellers, of the Dead Elf, of the Great Gnome Caravan, of the Magic Mirror, of the Missing Pilgrims)
1007 AC (Year 8) – (1/12) – The Day Magic Died
Phase 3 (Tier 3 – War 28), Year 11 – 10, Year 12 – 5, Year 13 – 4, Year 14 – 4, Year 15 – 4
Phase 4 (Tier 4 – Conclusion 7) Year 16 – 3, Year 17 – 2, Year 18 – 1, Year 19 – 1, Year 20 –
Phase 5 (Tier 5 – tba)
Phase 6 (Tier 6 – tba)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.