Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Adventures – Introduction to Rockhome
Source: The Dwarves of Rockhome (0e-gaz-06)
This is a storyline is used as an introduction adventures for the Wrath of the Immortals based in the Dwarvs of Rockhome.
- GAZ6 – The Dwarves of Rockhome (5th Edition)
- Group: Wednesday (D&D Week)
- Session 57 to 60 ( 4 sessions)
- 14th June 2017 to 26th July 2017
- Players: Mark W – Brashaw (4), David B – Hakk (4), Jeff – Bannor (3), Annette – Kosciuszko (3), Bryarne – Crow (3), Adrian – Suds (3)
This features in the following sections:
- Gazetteer – Rockhome
- AC 1000-01-01 – Introduction to Rockhome – The mini campaign introducing Glantri and its locations.
- Session Recordings
- AC 1000-01-01 – Introduction to Rockhome – Audio Only Recordings
Notes of Gazetteer Min Campaign
From 14th June 2017 to 26th July 2017 over four sessions.
This storyline was a lot of fun to move to after playing the elves with a a more philosophical bend to the dwarves having a more practical and constructive feel.
Six players, each having backgrounds that fitted into the setting or changing the setting slightly to allow for the backgrounds to work. All character have to be Dwarves for this storyline, and belong to one of the great clans of Rockhome. Hill dwarves will all belong to the farming clan on the surface and be outcasts of the society.
The city of Dengar, in the nation of Rockhome. The starting items are being used more in the storyline, and at each level gain, the players gain a free roll on the treasure table for their tier, they gain 500 gp and if they roll in the items, get to roll for random items. Then they can share those items with the group as they choose.
The characters were all assigned guard duty of a caravan where they were provided goats as steeds, and were there to deal with travel above ground for the first time for some of their characters.
This included delivery of the caravan to the Northern Reaches (the next storyline) so players had a little introduction to that area as well with some combat in the mountains.
They moved on to combat in the city of Dengar in lizard wrangling as they had to recover lizards that had escaped from a warehouse. Then moved onto an experience with dwarven technology and finally they ended with guard duty on the border with the horselords.
Notable changes to the setting:
- Dwarven mounts using goats and lizards. Goats above ground and lizards below.
- Mountain Dwarves have a new feat that provides magic resistance, to the point were they become resistant to healing effects (as per the setting)
- The Druger (Deep dwarves) are considered not related to the current dwarves as being a different species and not able to breed with hill or mountain dwarves.
- It is possible for a hill dwarf to become a mountain dwarf and vice versa, though this is legend and rarely spoken about.
- The dwarven relic provides both legendary and artefact level items, each great clan is built around these relics of darkness.
- 2021-05-09 – Moved the mini campaign from the gazetter to its own post with extra information.
Introduction: (1/13) – Atruaghin Clans
(Tier 1 – Introduction 11/46)
(Tier 2 – Investigation 16/50)
AC 1005 (Year 6) – (10/17) – Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau, Cult (of the Scarlet Moon), Mystery (in Aegos, in Sundsvall, in Thyatis City, of the Alphatian Duellers, of the Dead Elf, of the Great Gnome Caravan, of the Magic Mirror, of the Missing Pilgrims)
1007 AC (Year 8) – (1/12) – The Day Magic Died
Phase 3 (Tier 3 – War 28), Year 11 – 10, Year 12 – 5, Year 13 – 4, Year 14 – 4, Year 15 – 4
Phase 4 (Tier 4 – Conclusion 7) Year 16 – 3, Year 17 – 2, Year 18 – 1, Year 19 – 1, Year 20 –
Phase 5 (Tier 5 – tba)
Phase 6 (Tier 6 – tba)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Artillerist (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.