Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Adventures in Phase One – AC 1003 – Mystery in Atruaghin’s Palace
Tales from the Yawning Ports – The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan
- Source: Tales from the Yawning Portal (5e-wiz-typ)
- The Overview
- The Timeline
- The Concept
- The Reveal
- The Outcome
- Content Updates
This is a storyline adapted for the Wrath of the Immortals.
AC 1003 – Mystery in Atruaghin’s Palace – Overview
This features in the following sections:
- Gazetteer – Atruaghin
- AC 1000-07-24 (T) – Mystery at Atruaghin’s Palace – (Audo Only Recordings T9 to 19) T20
AC 1003 – Mystery in Atruaghin’s Palace – Timeline
- Timeline – AC 1000 – Atruaghin Clans
- Introduction to the Atruaghin Clans – The start of the campaign introducing the Clans, and character backstory.
- Atruaghin Clans Ascension – The Horse Clan is taking on the Chameleon Tribe (Tiger Clan), Mountain Lion Tribe (Bear Clan), and the Pelican Tribe (Turtle Clan), Trout Tribe (Elk Clan)
- Mystery at Atruaghin’s Palace – A evil has entered into the ruins of the Palace of Atruaghin and a dream quest has been sent to members of the clans cleanse it.
- Mystery of the Hidden Kingdom of Dragons – Dragonborn arrive – The first glimpses of Dragonborn on records are near the Wrymsteeth mountains, Atruaghin Clans, Karameikos and Ylaruam.
- Relic Hunter – Dragon Hatchery – The tribes and the border forts of Darokin are skirmishing.
- Still to be Edited
- (mdt) The Spinner’s Hole – Subdue spiders so weavers can get their harvest.
- Timeline – AC 1001 – Atruaghin Clans
- Timeline – AC 1002 – Atruaghin Clans
- Timeline – AC 1003 – Atruaghin Clans
- Atruaghin Clans Ascension – Tribal warfare between the Beaver Tribe (Elk Clan), Coyote Tribe (Bear Clan), Monkey Tribe (Tiger Clan), Salmon Tribe (Horse Clan), and the Shark Tribe (Turtle Clan)
- Mystery at Atruaghin’s Palace – Tribesmen have been warned away from the region by omens and prophecy. A group of tribesmen return after partially stopping the great evil.
- Still to be Edited
- (mdt) The Pententieyrie – a holy place of the couatl.
AC 1003 – Mystery in Atruaghin’s Palace – The Concept
The ancient ruined city of tamoachan is familiar to a select few scholars and fortune seekers, who know of it but not always exactly where it is. Even more secluded, lying somewhere within or beneath the ruins, is a hidden shrine said to be dedicated to Zotzilaha, the vampire god of the underworld. Adventurers who catch wind of the place are likely to find its lure irresistible.
If the characters find their way to the environs of the ruined city, their next order of business might be to set up a camp nearby. After a few hours of searching, they can find an easily defended glade with an artesian spring.
Most of the city is toppled and almost completely overed in undergrowth. Intruders who enter the ruins will discover that the ancient streets now serve as over-grown “valleys” between the debris of the crumbled buildings. The largest of these valleys all lead to the central clearing where a great pyramid stands.
In the south side of that clearing is a newly collapsed area, revealing a jagged hole with a debris-covered slide, leading down into darkness.
AC 1003 – Mystery in Atruaghin’s Palace – The Reveal
In AC 1000, the group travelled to the site of Atruaghin’s Palace and explored the city. They spent ten sessions exploring the complex interracting with various ancient, and not so ancient powers of the world.
Tidal managed to procreate, and they ended the storyline having been caught in a time lock (allowing time to progress to the correct year for the group level). Tribesmen have been warned away from the location until they are freed of the timelock by Drazzle a dragonborn who had to recover the means to free them.
AC 1003 – Mystery in Atruaghin’s Palace – The Outcome
They cleansed the ruins of the corrupting force of Atzanteotl, but lost two of the tribesmen in the process.
- 2021-08-24 – Update to the layout, menu and expending the content.
(Tier 1 – Introduction 11/46)
(Tier 2 – Investigation 16/50)
AC 1005 (Year 6) – (12/19) – Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau, Cult (of the Scarlet Moon, of the Valley of Death), Mystery (in Aegos, in Sundsvall, in Thyatis City, of the Alphatian Duellers, of the Dead Elf, of the Great Gnome Caravan, of the Magic Mirror, of the Missing Pilgrims), Relic Hunter (Dinosaurs)
Phase 3 (Tier 3 – War 28), Year 11 – 10, Year 12 – 5, Year 13 – 4, Year 14 – 4, Year 15 – 4
Phase 4 (Tier 4 – Conclusion 7) Year 16 – 3, Year 17 – 2, Year 18 – 1, Year 19 – 1, Year 20 –
Phase 5 (Tier 5 – tba)
Phase 6 (Tier 6 – tba)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.