Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Adventures in Phase One – AC 1000 – Lord of Lance Rock
Princes of the Apocalypse – Trouble in Red Larch
AC 1000 – Lord of Lance Rock – Overview
This is an adventure taken from Princes of the Apocalypse and adapted to the Mystara setting..
This features in the following sections:
- Gazetteer – Northern Reaches
- Timeline – AC 1000
- Mystery of the Necromancers Cave – A Necromancer is plaguing the area of the Dressiarian Valley in Vestland (Northern Reaches) and needs to be dealt with.
- AC 1000-02-14 (F) – Mystery of the Necromancers Cave (complete) F03 (Audio Only)
AC 1000 – Lord of Lance Rock – Timeline
- Timeline – AC 1000 – Northern Reaches
- Introduction to Northern Reaches – A min campaign based around helping a settlement of the Northern Reaches survive its dangers.
- Cult of the Feathergale Knights – A group of airborne knights are seen searching the regions of Vestland.
- Lord of Lance Rock – A Necromancer is plaguing the area of the Dressiarian Valley in Vestland (Northern Reaches) and needs to be dealt with.
- Mystery at Nightstone – Part 1 – A settlement under attack from vicious humanoids needs assistance in the Soderfjord Jarldoms.
- Still to be Edited
- <-> (GAZ7) Falun Caverns. Investigation of a group of Kobolds rumoured to have taken over a former Gnome settlement.
- (mdt) We All Start Somewhere – rumours that a black dragon may have returned to the area.
AC 1000 – Lord of Lance Rock – The Concept
This Village of Red Larch is located in Vestland, north of Trollheim in hex Vestland(13-6). This represents 13 hexes to the north and 6 hexes to the southwest. This is also the new site for the Dressarin Valley encounters. Other the the change in location, nothing needs to be changed to make this adventure work. This used the Touble in Red Larch, Into the Wilderness and Necromancers Cave sections.
Characters have been sent to this region by the Great Khan of the Ethengarians due to rumours of a vile necromancer working in this area. As all arcane magic is view with suspician my the Ethengarians (especially Necromancy) they find their way to the remote village of Red Larch and discover they are the source of the rumours.
AC 1000 – Lord of Lance Rock – The Reveal
AC 1000 – Lord Oreoth is a former tribesman of the Ethengarian tribes who chose to practice the forbidden arts of Necromancy and is a relative of one of the investigators.
AC 1000 – Lord of Lance Rock – The Outcome
The characters manage to defeat (kill) Oreioth and stop further undead menaces to make its way onto the Steppes from this direction. They also discover the family connections between the party Ranger, their family and the Necromancy traditions.
- 2021-08-25 – Changed the name from “Mystery of the Necromancer Cave” to “Lord of Lance Rock”. Updates to layout, menu and added in more content.
(Tier 1 – Introduction 11/46)
(Tier 2 – Investigation 16/50)
AC 1005 (Year 6) – (12/19) – Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau, Cult (of the Scarlet Moon, of the Valley of Death), Mystery (in Aegos, in Sundsvall, in Thyatis City, of the Alphatian Duellers, of the Dead Elf, of the Great Gnome Caravan, of the Magic Mirror, of the Missing Pilgrims), Relic Hunter (Dinosaurs)
Phase 3 (Tier 3 – War 28), Year 11 – 10, Year 12 – 5, Year 13 – 4, Year 14 – 4, Year 15 – 4
Phase 4 (Tier 4 – Conclusion 7) Year 16 – 3, Year 17 – 2, Year 18 – 1, Year 19 – 1, Year 20 –
Phase 5 (Tier 5 – tba)
Phase 6 (Tier 6 – tba)
Campaign References: Books,
Patrons: Abundance, Adventure, Aerial Races, Agriculture, Air, Alchemy, Amazons, Ambition, Anarchy, Ancient, Animals, Aquatic Races, Aranea, Architecture, Arctic, Armourer, the Arts, Astrology, Astronomy, Audacity, Authority, Avianfolk, Avidity, Balance, Battle, Bards, Beauty, Beholders, Berserkers, Betrayal, Birth, Blackflame, Boldness, Books, Bravery, Brute-men, Bugbears, Building, Cannibalism, Catfolk, Cats, Cavalry, Centaurs, Chance, Chaos, Charity, Charms, Cheating, Children, Circumvention, Cities, Cleverness, Cold, Communication, Completeness, Con-men, Conquest, Cooperation, Corruption, Courage, Crafts, Craftsmen, Creation, Cruelty, Culture, Cunning, Darkness, Death, Decadence, Deceit, Defence, Defiance, Desire, Destiny, Destruction,
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.