Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Adventures in Phase Two – AC 1006 – Mystery in Wendar
X11 – Saga of the Shadowlord
AC 1006 – Mystery in Wendar – The Overview
This is a storyline is an expansion of the Wrath of Ringrise from X11 Saga of the Shadowlord.
This features in the following sections:
- Gazetteer – Norwold Region
- AC 1006-04-13 – Mystery in Wendar – Elven help needed (incomplete) (Audio Only)
- (F) Details to be added…
AC 1006 – Mystery in Wendar – The Timeline
- Timeline – AC 1005 – Norwold Region
- Mystery at Castle Naerytar – A mysterious haunted keep located somewhere in the Norwold Region.
- Mystery in Wendar – A protective artefact of the nation of Wendar goes missing under mysterious circumstances.
- Mystery of the Alphatian Duellers – Spring with an issues with magic duels and attitude from Alphatian wizards to Glantrian wizards.
- Mystery of the Iceshield Orcs – A new settlement is finished and the White Orcs (Iceshield) have managed to and together all their tribes into the single settlement. The have called it Makkres in deference to their lost homeland.
- Mystery of the Missing Pilgrims – Summer with pilgrims from the Heldannic Territories disappearing while crossing the Ethengarian steppes.
- Still to be Edited
- Rime of the Frostmaiden – Destruction’s Light
- Timeline – AC 1006 – Norwold Region
- Mystery in Wendar – the elven nation of Wendar has put out a call to save their kingdom and the Callarii have answered with local heroes.
- Mystery of the Missing Pilgrims – A group of special investigators are retracing the steps of the missing pilgrims.
- Portal Activation – Castle Naerytar – A portal under the castle has finally been activated.
- Still to be Edited
- Rime of the Frostmaiden – Auril’s Abode
- Timeline – AC 1007 – Norwold Region
- Berg of the Frost Giants – Talks with the Clans of Frost Giants located in the Norwold Region.
- Mystery at Skyreach Castle – A floating castle has settled near a village in the Norwold Region.
- Mystery in Wendar – With the loss of their protective Artefact, the elves of Wendar are in a war against the Undead. For the first time in their history they have turned to the Humans of the Heldannic Freeholds for assistance.
- The Day Magic Died – The dragons are unusually quiet after gathering in numbers.
- Still to be Edited
- Rime of the Frostmaiden – Caves of Hunger
AC 1006 – Mystery in Wendar – The Concept
Adventure Level: 5-9, Expert
An insidious peril threatens the peaceful kingdom of Wendar. When a traitor stole the realm’s greatest treasure, the magical Elvenstar, disease, drought, and famine struck the land. For the first time in decades, hostile armies were poised to invade Wendar.
Yet even greater danger looms. The traitor has delivered the magical gem into the hands of the Shadow Lord, Wendar’s greatest foe. This evil being has returned from the dead to seek revenge on Wendar, and the Elvenstar is the key to an even more sinister plot.
You must evade the Shadow Lord’s army, penetrate his fortress, recover the Elvenstar, and foil this heinous plan!
AC 1006 – Mystery in Wendar – The Reveal
While travelling in the Grand Duchy of Karameikos, heroes learn of an undead menace hapering an Elven kingdom to the north, characters assume they mean Alfheim.
Upon arrival in Wendar via the rainbow bridge, the elves are told of the quest to retrieve the elvenstar and that only the prophised one wielding the sword blackrazor would either save or doom their kingdom. It was their last hope.
After meeting the wielder, and setting him on the quest, they began to prepare for evacuation south to Alfheim.
A group of heroes in Glantri obtained a mysterious green gem from Wendar, and everytime they try and think back to how they got it, or why they have it, they have a vision of smiling teeth in their heads and wake up having lost track of time due to that event including why it was important they were investigating something.
AC 1006 – Mystery in Wendar – The Outcome
The conclusion of this story is left as a mystery, once the artefact blackrazor found is way into the hands of the dragons and out of sight taking the ability to complete the storyline and hold the undead army from invading.
The glantrian heroes obtained the item in AC 1005 as part of their exploration of the Glantrian region, and due to the curse of forgetfulness involved, they have been unable to research of discover more information about it.
- 2021-08-23 – Update to layout, menu and content.
(Tier 1 – Introduction 11/46)
(Tier 2 – Investigation 16/50)
AC 1005 (Year 6) – (12/19) – Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau, Cult (of the Scarlet Moon, of the Valley of Death), Mystery (in Aegos, in Sundsvall, in Thyatis City, of the Alphatian Duellers, of the Dead Elf, of the Great Gnome Caravan, of the Magic Mirror, of the Missing Pilgrims), Relic Hunter (Dinosaurs)
Phase 3 (Tier 3 – War 28), Year 11 – 10, Year 12 – 5, Year 13 – 4, Year 14 – 4, Year 15 – 4
Phase 4 (Tier 4 – Conclusion 7) Year 16 – 3, Year 17 – 2, Year 18 – 1, Year 19 – 1, Year 20 –
Phase 5 (Tier 5 – tba)
Phase 6 (Tier 6 – tba)
Campaign References: Books,
Patrons: Abundance, Adventure, Aerial Races, Agriculture, Air, Alchemy, Amazons, Ambition, Anarchy, Ancient, Animals, Aquatic Races, Aranea, Architecture, Arctic, Armourer, the Arts, Astrology, Astronomy, Audacity, Authority, Avianfolk, Avidity, Balance, Battle, Bards, Beauty, Beholders, Berserkers, Betrayal, Birth, Blackflame, Boldness, Books, Bravery, Brute-men, Bugbears, Building, Cannibalism, Catfolk, Cats, Cavalry, Centaurs, Chance, Chaos, Charity, Charms, Cheating, Children, Circumvention, Cities, Cleverness, Cold, Communication, Completeness, Con-men, Conquest, Cooperation, Corruption, Courage, Crafts, Craftsmen, Creation, Cruelty, Culture, Cunning, Darkness, Death, Decadence, Deceit, Defence, Defiance, Desire, Destiny, Destruction,
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.