Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Patron of Beholders
Patron of Beholders
Racial – Planar Races
Beholders– noun – a races of floating creatures with multiple eyes on their own stalks and a central larger eye.
Note: Made part of a patron group called Planar Races.
Cleric Domains –
Single Element Organisations –
Associated Secret Crafts –
Immortals – (Arik) Gods (1/10 – Energy 1/10)
Primary Pantheons – Shadowlands (they fit well for the concepts of Beholders being one of the aspects of the Shadowlands beliefs).
Racial Group Patrons
This group is not linked to any pantheon. They are also not associated with any specific sphere or organisation.
Aerial Races Group, Aquatic Races Group, Dragonkind (5), Earth Races Group, Fey Races Group, Forest Races Group, Genasi Races Group, Humanoid Races Group, Monstrous Races Group, Planar Races Group,
Racial – Aerial Races Group
The Aerial Races group is linked to the Sky pantheon.
Racial – Animalistic Races Group
The Animalistic Races group liked to the Atruaghin pantheon.
Racial – Aquatic Races Group
The Aquatic Races group is linked to the Ocean pantheon.
Racial – Demihuman Races Group
The Demihuman Races group is not linked to a pantheon.
Racial – Earth Races Group
The Earth Races group is linked to the Forest pantheon.
Earth Races (4)
Racial – Fey Races Group
The Fey Races group is not linked to a pantheon.
Fey Races (1)
Racial – Forest Races Group
The Forest Races group is linked to the Forest pantheon.
Forest Races (7)
Racial – Genasi Races Group
The Genasi racial subgroup is linked to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
Racial – Humanoid Races Group
The Humanoid Races group is linked to the Outcast pantheon.
Racial – Monstrous Races Group
The Monstrous Races group is linked to the Outcast pantheon.
Racial – Planar Races Group
The Planar Races group is lined to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
Energy Immortals – Bartziluth (Bugbears), Guidarezzo (Avianfolk),
Entropy Immortals – Aracne Prime (Aranea), Arik (Beholders),
Thought Immortals – Air Elemaster (Aerial Races, Air), Cochere (Avianfolk), Korotiku (Aranea), Odin (Air), Palartarkan (Air),
Time Immortals – Calitha (Aquatic Races), Simurgh (Aerial Races),
Secondary Pantheons – These are pantheons that have these Patron Immortals within it so look at these as lesser beliefs.
Immortal Council Pantheons – These are pantheons that deal with the Immortals councils and consider this to be part of their charter.
Primary Beholders Pantheons
Guiding Principle – The culture is trying to bring all the gods of the world under one pantheon dominated by magic and and those to wield it.
Associated Nations – Alphatian Empire
Single Element Organisations – Entropy – The Dark, Thought – Wind, Time – The Wave
Dual Element Organisations – Thought/Time – The Storm
Core Immortals – Alphatia (Energy 16), Palartarken (Thought 11), Razud (Energy 31),
- Primary Patrons –
- Elements – Air (3),
- Primary Secret Crafts – Airologist (Air, Alphatian Empire, Ar), Bureauologist (Ambition), Diplomologist (Ambition), Entertainologist (Ambition), Shapeologist (Aranea), Skyologist (Air, Alphatian Empire, Ar),
- Immortals of Energy (3) – Alphatia (Celestial 16, as Lady of Peace, Alphatian Empire, Beauty), Iliric (Temporal 8, as The Ego, Ambition), Razud (Hierarch 31, as Razud, Alphatian Empire),
- Immortals of Entropy (8) – Aracne Prime (Temporal 8, as Spider Queen, Aranea), Arik (Celestial 18, as Lord of Madness and Nightmares, Beholders), Bachraeus (Empyreal 19, Lord of Snakes and Poisons, Betrayal), Kythria (Initiate 2, as Lady of Passion, Beauty), Loki (Eternal 30, as Prince of Lies and Deceit, Betrayal), Marwdyn (Initiate 4, as Master of Necromancy, Blackheart), Pharamond (Hierarch 32, as Master of Betrayals, Ambition), Talitha (Eternal 25, as Queen of Treachery and Vice, Avidity),
- Immortals of Matter (2) – Lornasen (Temporal 10, as Queen of Spring, Beauty), Valerias (Hierarch 31, as Lady of Charity, Beauty),
- Immortals of Thought (5) – Air Elemaster (Hierarch 33, as Sovereign of Air, Air), Freyja (Celestial 14, as Mistress of the Seidh, Beauty), Korotiku (Hierarch 32, as Lord of Spiders, Aranea), Odin (Hierarch 36, as The Zephyr, Air), Palartarkan (Temporal 11, as Lord of the Air, Air, Alphatian Empire, Ar), Thalia (Hierarch 31, as Lady of Harmony, Beauty),
- Primary Barbarian – Storm Herald – Sea (Air)
- Primary Cleric – Air (Air, Alphatian Empire, Ar), Ambition (Ambition), Arcana (Alphatian Empire, Arenea),
- Primary Monk – Elements – Air (Air),
- Primary Paladin – Thunder (Air),
- Primary Sorcerer – Draconic Bloodline – Air (Air), Elemental Essence – Air (Air), Storm Sorcery (Air),
- Primary Warlock – Genie Lord – Air (Air),
- Primary Wizard – Elementalist – Air (Air),
Guiding Principle – The balanced elemental culture concerned with living underground and darkness.
Nationalities – Shadowlands
Core Immortals –
- Immortals of Energy (1) – Bartziluth (Empyreal 24, as Lord of War, Bugbears),
- Immortals of Entropy (1) – Arik (Celestial 18, as Lord of Madness and Nightmares, Beholders),
- Immortals of Thought () –
Immortal Patrons of Beholders
Arik (Entropy, Celestial 18)
- Favoured Weapon – Spear
- Other Names – Lord of Madness and Nightmares, The One Hundred Eyes
- Symbol – An open eye with a red pupil (Shown on Holy Symbols of Mystara Day 79)
- Patron of
- Core Pantheons –
- Single Element Organisations – Entropy – The Dark
- Secret Crafts –
- Clerical Domains –
- Pantheons – Alphatian Empire (as Lord of Madness and Nightmares, Beholders), Land Guilds (as Lord of Madness and Nightmares, Beholders),
- Immortal Councils – Assembly (as Arik), Entropy (as Arik), Initiates (as Arik),
Associated Class Template
Associated Secret Crafts
Secondary Template Pantheons
Design changes for Patrons
- 2022-07-09 – Updated with Primary Pantheon and Immortals.
- 2022-05-21 – Moved to own page.
- 2021-09-10 – Section created.
Campaign References: Books,
Barvarossa (S-SL), Blackbeard (S-GS), Bounty (S-SS), Buccaneer (S-GS), Cutlass (S-GL), Magnussen (S-LS), Renegade (S-SL), Revenge (S-GW), Sea Hag (S-SS), Sea Hawk (S-GL), Sigtrygg (S-LS), Swashbucker (S-GS), The Pride (S-SS), Thorgrim (S-LS), Tortuga (S-SS)
Patrons Page: Abundance, Adventure, Aerial Races, Agriculture, Air, Alchemy, Amazons, Ambition, Anarchy, Animals, Aquatic Races, Aranea, Architecture, Arctic, Armourer, the Arts, Astrology, Astronomy, Audacity, Authority, Avianfolk, Avidity, Balance, Battle, Bards, Beauty, Beholders, Berserkers, Betrayal, Birth, the Blackflame, Boldness, Books, Bravery, Brute-men, Bugbears, Building, Cannibalism, Catfolk, Cats, Cavalry, Centaurs, Chance, Chaos, Charity, Charms, Cheating, Children, Circumvention, Cities, Cleverness, Cold, Communication, Completeness, Con-men, Conquest, Cooperation, Corruption, Courage, Crafts, Craftsmen, Creation, Cruelty, Culture, Cunning, Darkness, Death, Decadence, Deceit, Defence, Defiance, Desire, Destiny, Destruction, Devilfish, Diaboli, Diplomacy, Discipline, Discovery, Disease, Dishonesty, Divination, Dolphins, Domination, Dragonkind, Dreams, Druids, Drunkenness, Dwarves, Earth, Earth Races, Education, Egotism, Elven, Energy, Engineering, Enigmas, Entropy, Envy, Epic Deeds, Equality, Experience, Explorers, Faithfulness, Family, Fate, Fear, Femininity, Ferocity, Fertility, Fey Races, Fire, Flight, Forest, Fprest Races, Forgiveness, Formians, Fortresses, Frredom, Friendship, Fun, Future, Genie, Giants, Good, Government, Gnolls, Gnomes, Goblins, Grace, Gravity, Greed, Guardians, Harmony, Hatred, Health, Hearth, Heroism, History, Honesty, Honour, Lizardfolk
National Patrons: Alfheim, Alphatian Empire, Aquarendi, Ar, Azcan, Blackheart, Brasolia, Children of Atruaghin, Clan of the (Bear, Elk, Horse, Tiger, Turtle), Cyndicea, Denagoth, Five Shires, Gentle Folk, Glantri, Myoshima
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.