Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Adventures in Phase Two – AC 1007 – Thanatos and the Azcans
Part 1 of the Hollow World Cycle
This is a storyline is from the Hollow World adventures that I set in the year 1007 AC for the Wrath of the Immortals campaign.
AC 1007 – Thanatos and the Azcans – Overview
This features in the following sections:
AC 1007 – Thanatos and the Azcans – Timeline
- Timeline – AC 1007 – Glantri
- Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau – The Knight’s Rivett Inn expands out to Akesoli (Darokin), Glantri City (Glantri), Selenica (Darokin), Shireton (Five Shires) with services to its employees at each site.
- Bloodline War – Part 1 – The beginning of the war of the bloodline.
- School Assignment – Guard Duty. While on assignment from the Great School of Magic your invited to serve as temporary guards for his tower by a Prince of Glantri.
- Test of High Sorcery – Do the characters have what it takes to be declared a Glantrian Wizard, or will they simply be a hedge wizard or dabbler in the arts.
- Thanatos and the Azcans – Two goblin princes and a senator have gone missing from Glantri and a request for help has been sent out.
- The Day Magic Died – Many strange sounds are heard coming from Glantri City as the citizens abandon it for a week before returning.
- Still to be Edited
- (PC4) The Black Horse – A black horse with silver shod hooves in fighting the werewolves and pushing them back.
- Timeline – AC 1007 – Hollow World
- Thanatos and the Azcans – The nation of the Azcan changes its belief structure.
- Thanatos and the Milenians – The nation of the Milenians changes its belief structure and leaders.
- Thanatos and the Nithians – The nation of the Nithians has changed its belief structure and political agenda’s.
- Thanatos and the Shahjapurs – The nation of the Shahjapurs has changed its belief structure.
- The Day Magic Died – The gods stop responding, the boundaries between nations start to blur, the forbidden becomes possible.
- Still to be Edited
- Candlekeep Mysteries – Lore of the Lure
- Timeline – AC 1007 – Shadowlands
- Thanatos and the Azcans – The dark elves of the hollow world travel to the surface world guiding travellers to the inner world.
- Thanatos and the Nithians – Long dormant creatures of worlds core are awake and moving, consuming all in their path.
- The Day Magic Died – The quiet in the dark, no war, no conquest, no skirmishes, just the quiet before the storm.
- Still to be Edited
- (GAZ13) Something Rotten in the Warrens – This is causing pollution in the main water source, and for the people to live it needs to be cleaned up.
- Out of the Abyss – Mantol-Derith – Trouble in the neutral meeting outpost.
- The Rise of the Drow – The Scourge of Embla
AC 1007 – Thanatos and the Azcans – The Concept
Part One of the Hollow World Cycle. The group is sent by Rheddrian to investigate what is happening in Glantri and learn what they can about who is involved.
This is using the Nightwail and Sons of Azca published books, and references the Glantri gazetteer.
AC 1007 – Thanatos and the Azcans – The Reveal
- Triggers the event The Day Magic Died for all but arcane casters.
- Divine, Primal and Occult casters have only access to 2nd level spells and below, heightening spells above this does not work.
- There is a world with red sun inside the world they live on.
- They gain an amulet that translates language for them even though language translation does not work in the setting.
- Thanatos has a artefact lense called the smoking mirror orbiting the red sun changing the light to orange and corrupting the spell of preservation where the lens lands.
- People sacrificed by the Azcan new ceremony, are fed to the mirror helping it grow.
AC 1007 – Thanatos and the Azcans – The Outcome
They manage to destroy the sacrificial temple and the smoking mirror stopping the corrupting light from Thanatos to do wide spread damage to the spell of preservation. This completed part one of the hollow world adventure cycle.
(Tier 1 – Introduction 11/46)
(Tier 2 – Investigation 16/50)
AC 1005 (Year 6) – (12/19) – Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau, Cult (of the Scarlet Moon, of the Valley of Death), Mystery (in Aegos, in Sundsvall, in Thyatis City, of the Alphatian Duellers, of the Dead Elf, of the Great Gnome Caravan, of the Magic Mirror, of the Missing Pilgrims), Relic Hunter (Dinosaurs)
Phase 3 (Tier 3 – War 28), Year 11 – 10, Year 12 – 5, Year 13 – 4, Year 14 – 4, Year 15 – 4
Phase 4 (Tier 4 – Conclusion 7) Year 16 – 3, Year 17 – 2, Year 18 – 1, Year 19 – 1, Year 20 –
Phase 5 (Tier 5 – tba)
Phase 6 (Tier 6 – tba)
Campaign References: Books,
Patrons: Abundance, Adventure, Aerial Races, Agriculture, Air, Alchemy, Amazons, Ambition, Anarchy, Ancient, Animals, Aquatic Races, Aranea, Architecture, Arctic, Armourer, the Arts, Astrology, Astronomy, Audacity, Authority, Avianfolk, Avidity, Balance, Battle, Bards, Beauty, Beholders, Berserkers, Betrayal, Birth, Blackflame, Boldness, Books, Bravery, Brute-men, Bugbears, Building, Cannibalism, Catfolk, Cats, Cavalry, Centaurs, Chance, Chaos, Charity, Charms, Cheating, Children, Circumvention, Cities,
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.