Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Adventures in Phase Two – AC 1006 – Mystery in Ringrise
The Wraith of Ringrise
Mystery in Ringrise – The Overview
This is a storyline is an expansion of the Wrath of Ringrise from the Five Shires Gazetteer..
This features in the following sections:
- Gazetteer – Five Shires
- AC 1006 – Mystery at Ringrise – An undead wraith menace is threatening the future of shires.
- AC 1006-06-01 – Mystery at Rigrise – Wraiths of Ringrise (incomplete) W35, W36, W37
Mystery in Ringrise – The Timeline
- Timeline – AC 1005 – Five Shires
- Mystery in Ringrise – Miners are going missing in the town of Ringrise. The Shires Sheriff has assigned one of their deputies to investigating the missing people.
- Still to be Edited
- (GAZ8) The Harpooned Halfling Happenings – Glantrian are sneaking into the country side and abducting halflings, a task force is created to stop them and recover the lost hin.
- Timeline – AC 1006 – Five Shires
- Timeline – AC 1007 – Five Shires
- Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau – The Knight’s Rivett Inn expands out to Akesoli (Darokin), Glantri City (Glantri), Selenica (Darokin), Shireton (Five Shires) with services to its employees at each site.
- Mystery in Ringrise – After the heroes failed to complete their promise to the fire orcs of Ringrise, tensions mount in the region.
- The Day Magic Died – All the hin masters gether in Shireton to discuss the worst news in their history.
- Still to be Edited
- (GAZ8) Brigands in the Backlands – The Black Eagle has sent in more brigands that need to be dealt with.
Mystery in Ringrise – The Concept
- Adventure Level: 6-8, Expert
- Topic: A wraith and others around and about a rich lode or ore.
- Interesting Features: A rich silver ore lode, old tavern-tales come true, and a pile-up of hostile beings in the old mine.
- Campaign Hook: The brigands become recurring foes for PCs, and an ongoing struggle for control of the silver mine begins.
A band of miners is missing in the mountains near Ringrise. Their wagons are found, laden with incredibly rich, pure silver ore, but there is no sign of the halflings.
They are (were?) a mixed clan group of adventurers who followed the directions of a very old hin, Malcrosz Manycoats, to the Haunted Mine. Malcrosz will tell PCs (if they buy or give him drinks and listen) about his younger days when he was an intrepid and successful miner until he dug into the cavern where a wraith laired and all his companions were slain by it. Malcrosz was crippled when the mine supports fell, imprisoning the wraith again, crushing his legs and hiding the richest lode he’d ever seen.
The missing band of hin had pestered Malcrosz, a month back, for directions to his lost mine. He gave them, so he thinks the hin found the lost lode. Then the wraith got them.
This is both true and false. The hin found the mine, worked it, fought off or turned the wraith, left, and were promptly attacked and slaughtered by brigands who’d lain in wait for them.
The brigands then took the ore and were pursued and set upon by the wraith who chased and scattered them. It has since returned to the mine, and if PCs come looking, it will attack them at about the same time that the surviving brigands return in strength and with magic to destroy the wraith. The brigands will charge into the mine and take the PCs from the rear.
An ore band will also arrive, minutes later, on the trail of the hin brigands. They are hungry for hin flesh and treasure.
The DM should make the wraith of Ringrise special in some way. Perhaps it can wield magic, such as telekinesis or levitation of objects or beings, dispel magic, create illusions, or even cast magic missiles. The wraith will withdraw into the depths of the mine if faced with certain destruction, to fight another day.
Mystery in Ringrise – The Reveal
While travelling in the Grand Duchy of Karameikos, heroes learn of an undead wraith menance retorrising a community known as Ringrise.
Whenthey arrive they discover the Wraiths are a group of mysterious purple skinned orcs (fire aspected) that seem to be ghosts, seen only rarely. This is a deviation from the core story based on the character actions and gameplay. It was designed to make the adventure a moral choice of who they were willing to fight for, and what they were willing to do.
Finding and meeting with the orc community hidden under the mountains, they make a deal relating to finding some magic seends looking like glowing green gemstones or they will start a war with the surface.
Mystery in Ringrise – The Outcome
The ongoing story has yet to conclude as it releates to the origin of the magic seends, and who should end up with them in the end.
- 2021-08-23 – Changes part of name from “at Ringrise” to “in Ringrise” to help group myteries together. Updates the layout with some extra information.
(Tier 1 – Introduction 11/46)
(Tier 2 – Investigation 16/50)
AC 1005 (Year 6) – (12/19) – Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau, Cult (of the Scarlet Moon, of the Valley of Death), Mystery (in Aegos, in Sundsvall, in Thyatis City, of the Alphatian Duellers, of the Dead Elf, of the Great Gnome Caravan, of the Magic Mirror, of the Missing Pilgrims), Relic Hunter (Dinosaurs)
Phase 3 (Tier 3 – War 28), Year 11 – 10, Year 12 – 5, Year 13 – 4, Year 14 – 4, Year 15 – 4
Phase 4 (Tier 4 – Conclusion 7) Year 16 – 3, Year 17 – 2, Year 18 – 1, Year 19 – 1, Year 20 –
Phase 5 (Tier 5 – tba)
Phase 6 (Tier 6 – tba)
Campaign References: Books,
Patrons: Abundance, Adventure, Aerial Races, Agriculture, Air, Alchemy, Amazons, Ambition, Anarchy, Ancient, Animals, Aquatic Races, Aranea, Architecture, Arctic, Armourer, the Arts, Astrology, Astronomy, Audacity, Authority, Avianfolk, Avidity, Balance, Battle, Bards, Beauty, Beholders, Berserkers, Betrayal, Birth, Blackflame, Boldness, Books, Bravery, Brute-men, Bugbears, Building, Cannibalism, Catfolk, Cats, Cavalry, Centaurs, Chance, Chaos, Charity, Charms, Cheating, Children, Circumvention, Cities,
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.