Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Adventures – Introduction to Ierendi
Source: The Kingdom of Ierendi (0e-gaz-04)
This is a storyline is used as an introduction adventures for the Wrath of the Immortals based in the Kingdom of Iererendi.
- GAZ4 – The Kingdom of Ierendi (5th Edition)
- Group: Wednesday (D&D Week)
- Session 45 to 52 (8 sessions)
- 30th November 2016 to 5th April 2017
- Players: Jeff – Penfold (8), David B – Flynn (7), Annette – Auroa (7), Nathan M – Dain (2), Nim – Bro Egbert (1) / Smitty (2), Adrian – Gorbash (2), Byarne – Althaea (2), Sean – Angrath (1)
This features in the following sections:
- Gazetteer – Ierendi
- AC 1000-01-01 – Introduction to Ierendi – The mini campaign introducing Ierendi and its locations.
- Session Recordings
- AC 1000-01-01 – Introduction to Ierendi – Audio Only Recordings
Notes of Gazetteer Mini Campaign
It ran from the 30th of November 2016 to the 5th of April 2017, covering eight sessions and building the core of the current gaming group.
Six players, each having backgrounds that fitted into the setting or changing the setting slightly to allow for the backgrounds to work.
I had the group start in the hold of a ship having been drafted into the countries navy for service to the crown. The last thing they remember is drinking in a tavern on the shortfront of Ierendi, the capital city of Ierendi Island, in the Kingdom of Ierendi. While they could fight their way free, kill the crew and take over, they were treated fairly and given freedom to choose how to implement their orders, so they chose to serve and learn under the military and gain status and a chance to run for king or queen in their future as the role is open to anyone who has served in the navy.
They are also a major navy of the region and I have worked in a pirate connection that made the story more interesting and fit with the background and themes of the characters involved.
I also got to introduce the power of the sky gnomes and their mechanical flying cities and vehicles, adding a major base into the main island. This works well with the human’s working with steam engines and having ironclad destroyers protecting their sovereignty from the larger fleets of other countries.
An abandoned ruin was reformed into a pirate stronghold, supplemented with magic capable of holding of a flight of juvenile dragons. This was showing the cooperation between the pirates, the dragons, the goblins and the gnomes in learning and training their people. A literal trial by fire.
Each major ship of the line contained their own teleportation circle, known only to those in the network working out of the ruins, military academy and hidden ironworks which contains the key circles in the group.
Notable changes to the setting:
- Dragonborn – Red dragons found in the rim of the four southern volcano’s, having their major school for the region.
- Gnomes – Sky gnomes working out of the northern volcano, they get regular visits from skyships and are one of the major ports for the region.
- Goblins – A goblin city at the base of the vocano the sky gnomes use, but seem to have no connections between, working with the village as an authentic dungeon crawl experience for tourists on the island. They also mine oil for use by the Gnomes in their vehicles.
- Pirates – work with the Ierendi navy as long as they do not bother their vessels or impact trade and tourism. Can be called to fight with the navy.
- 2021-05-09 – Moved the mini campaign from the gazetter to its own post with extra information.
(Tier 1 – Introduction 11/46)
(Tier 2 – Investigation 16/50)
AC 1005 (Year 6) – (12/19) – Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau, Cult (of the Scarlet Moon, of the Valley of Death), Mystery (in Aegos, in Sundsvall, in Thyatis City, of the Alphatian Duellers, of the Dead Elf, of the Great Gnome Caravan, of the Magic Mirror, of the Missing Pilgrims), Relic Hunter (Dinosaurs)
Phase 3 (Tier 3 – War 28), Year 11 – 10, Year 12 – 5, Year 13 – 4, Year 14 – 4, Year 15 – 4
Phase 4 (Tier 4 – Conclusion 7) Year 16 – 3, Year 17 – 2, Year 18 – 1, Year 19 – 1, Year 20 –
Phase 5 (Tier 5 – tba)
Phase 6 (Tier 6 – tba)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.