Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Patron of Bugbears
Patron of Bugbears
Racial – Humanoid Races group
Bugbears– noun – a subgroup of goblinoids that are known for their size and ferocity.
Note: Made part of a patron group called Humanoid Races.
Cleric Domains –
Single Element Organisations –
Associated Secret Crafts –
Immortals – (Bartziluth F24) Gods (1/24 – Energy 1/24)
Primary Pantheons – Shadowlands (they fit well for the concepts of Bugbears being one of the aspects of the Shadowlands beliefs).
Racial Group Patrons
This group is not linked to any pantheon. They are also not associated with any specific sphere or organisation.
Aerial Races Group, Aquatic Races Group, Dragonkind (5), Earth Races Group, Fey Races Group, Forest Races Group, Genasi Races Group, Humanoid Races Group, Monstrous Races Group, Planar Races Group,
Racial – Aerial Races Group
The Aerial Races group is linked to the Sky pantheon.
Racial – Animalistic Races Group
The Animalistic Races group liked to the Atruaghin pantheon.
Racial – Aquatic Races Group
The Aquatic Races group is linked to the Ocean pantheon.
Racial – Demihuman Races Group
The Demihuman Races group is not linked to a pantheon.
Racial – Earth Races Group
The Earth Races group is linked to the Forest pantheon.
Earth Races (4)
Racial – Fey Races Group
The Fey Races group is not linked to a pantheon.
Fey Races (1)
Racial – Forest Races Group
The Forest Races group is linked to the Forest pantheon.
Forest Races (7)
Racial – Genasi Races Group
The Genasi racial subgroup is linked to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
Racial – Humanoid Races Group
The Humanoid Races group is linked to the Outcast pantheon.
Racial – Monstrous Races Group
The Monstrous Races group is linked to the Outcast pantheon.
Racial – Planar Races Group
The Planar Races group is lined to the Alphatian Empire pantheon.
Energy Immortals – Bartziluth (Bugbears), Guidarezzo (Avianfolk),
Entropy Immortals – Aracne Prime (Aranea), Arik (Beholders),
Thought Immortals – Air Elemaster (Aerial Races, Air), Cochere (Avianfolk), Korotiku (Aranea), Odin (Air), Palartarkan (Air),
Time Immortals – Calitha (Aquatic Races), Simurgh (Aerial Races),
Secondary Pantheons – These are pantheons that have these Patron Immortals within it so look at these as lesser beliefs.
Immortal Council Pantheons – These are pantheons that deal with the Immortals councils and consider this to be part of their charter.
Primary Bugbears Pantheons
- Immortals of Energy (1) – Bartziluth (Empyreal 24, as Hruggek, Bugbears),
- Immortals of Entropy (4) – Aracne Prime (Temporal 8, as Rakleen, Aranea), Bachraeus (Empyreal 19, Apophis, Betrayal), Loki (Eternal 30, as Bozdogan, Betrayal), Stodos (Initiate 6, as Cryonax, Arctic),
- Immortals of Thought (1) – Korotiku (Hierarch 32, as The Shapechanger, Aranea),
- Immortals of Time (1) – Tourlain (Temporal 8, as Protector of the Unlucky and Losers, Anarchy),
Guiding Principle – The balanced elemental culture concerned with living underground and darkness.
Nationalities – Shadowlands
Core Immortals –
- Immortals of Energy (1) – Bartziluth (Empyreal 24, as Lord of War, Bugbears),
- Immortals of Entropy (1) – Arik (Celestial 18, as Lord of Madness and Nightmares, Beholders),
- Immortals of Thought () –
Immortal Patrons of Bugbears
Bartziluth (Energy, Empyreal 24)
- Favoured Weapon – Morningstar
- Other Names – Hruggek, Lord of War, Modi, The Bugbear
- Symbol – A huge, spiked black Morningstar (Shown on Holy Symbols of Mystara Day 69)
- Patron of
- Core Pantheons –
- Single Element Organisations – Energy – The Flame, Entropy – The Dark, Thought – The Wind
- Dual Element Organisations – Energy/Entropy – The Eternal Flame, Energy/Thought – The Radiant, Entropy/Thought – The Howling Hatred
- Tri Element Organisations – Energy/Entropy/Thought – The Confronting Radiant
- Secret Crafts –
Appearance: an enormous bugbear with a savage and threatening snout in which sparkle two smart and intelligent eyes, wearing shining leather armour like a golden fleece and in his hand a black Morningstar.
- Pantheons – Ethengarian (as Lord of War, Bravery), Giantkin (as Hruggek, Bravery), Land Guilds (as Lord of War, Bravery), Norse (as Lord of War, Battle, Berserkers), Outcast (as Hruggek, Bugbears), Shadowlands (as Lord of War, Bugbears), Thyatian Empire (as The Bugbear, Battle, Berserkers)
- Immortal Councils – Assembly (as Bartziluth), Empyreals (as Bartziluth), Energy (as Bartziluth),
- Clerical Domains – War (Battle)
Associated Class Template
Associated Secret Crafts
Secondary Template Pantheons
Design changes for Patrons
- 2022-05-21 – Moved to own page.
- 2021-09-26 – Section Updated.
- 2021-09-12 – Section created.
Campaign References: Books,
Barvarossa (S-SL), Blackbeard (S-GS), Bounty (S-SS), Buccaneer (S-GS), Cutlass (S-GL), Magnussen (S-LS), Renegade (S-SL), Revenge (S-GW), Sea Hag (S-SS), Sea Hawk (S-GL), Sigtrygg (S-LS), Swashbucker (S-GS), The Pride (S-SS), Thorgrim (S-LS), Tortuga (S-SS)
Patrons Page: Abundance, Adventure, Aerial Races, Agriculture, Air, Alchemy, Amazons, Ambition, Anarchy, Animals, Aquatic Races, Aranea, Architecture, Arctic, Armourer, the Arts, Astrology, Astronomy, Audacity, Authority, Avianfolk, Avidity, Balance, Battle, Bards, Beauty, Beholders, Berserkers, Betrayal, Birth, the Blackflame, Boldness, Books, Bravery, Brute-men, Bugbears, Building, Cannibalism, Catfolk, Cats, Cavalry, Centaurs, Chance, Chaos, Charity, Charms, Cheating, Children, Circumvention, Cities, Cleverness, Cold, Communication, Completeness, Con-men, Conquest, Cooperation, Corruption, Courage, Crafts, Craftsmen, Creation, Cruelty, Culture, Cunning, Darkness, Death, Decadence, Deceit, Defence, Defiance, Desire, Destiny, Destruction, Devilfish, Diaboli, Diplomacy, Discipline, Discovery, Disease, Dishonesty, Divination, Dolphins, Domination, Dragonkind, Dreams, Druids, Drunkenness, Dwarves, Earth, Earth Races, Education, Egotism, Elven, Energy, Engineering, Enigmas, Entropy, Envy, Epic Deeds, Equality, Experience, Explorers, Faithfulness, Family, Fate, Fear, Femininity, Ferocity, Fertility, Fey Races, Fire, Flight, Forest, Fprest Races, Forgiveness, Formians, Fortresses, Frredom, Friendship, Fun, Future, Genie, Giants, Good, Government, Gnolls, Gnomes, Goblins, Grace, Gravity, Greed, Guardians, Harmony, Hatred, Health, Hearth, Heroism, History, Honesty, Honour, Lizardfolk
National Patrons: Alfheim, Alphatian Empire, Aquarendi, Ar, Azcan, Blackheart, Brasolia, Children of Atruaghin, Clan of the (Bear, Elk, Horse, Tiger, Turtle), Cyndicea, Denagoth, Five Shires, Gentle Folk, Glantri, Myoshima
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.