Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Adventures in Phase 1 – Wrath of the Immortals
AC 1004 – Mystery in the Silver Sierras
- Source: BECMI Wrath of the Immortals (0e-wi-bs)
- The Overview
- The Timeline
- The Concept
- The Reveal
- The Outcome
- Content Updates
AC 1004 – Mystery in the Silver Sierras – Overview
This uses the Phase 1 adventure from Wrath of the Immortals and delineates the cross over point to Phase 2 and Tier 2 of the campaign.
This features in the following sections:
- Gazetteer – Darokin – Location of the adventure
- Timeline AC 1004 – When it takes place
- AC 1004-01-01 – Mystery in the Silver Sierras. WRATH W01 (audio only)
- AC 1004-02-21 (T) – Mystery in the Silver Sierras. WRATH T24, T25
AC 1004 – Mystery in the Silver Sierras – Timeline
Timeline – AC 1004 – Darokin
(X9) Exploration – Savage Coast – The Cartographer’s Guilds of Minrothad and Darokin have put together a join expedition for a new market and need seasoned explorers to visit this new region. (X9 – The Savage Coast – Levels 4-10)
Mystery in the Silver Sierras – Jeddarian Corran has gained a deed to his family keep and needs some heroes to evict the current tenants and recover any relics of his family. (Wrath of the Immortals – Phase One)
Mystery of the Forgotten Dungeon – The cartographer’s guide have discovered a lost dungeon and opened up a region they have called the Dungeon Level underneath Darokin City. (Waterdeep – Dungeon of the Mad Mage)
Still to be Edited
Acquisitions Incorporated – Hide and Seek
Waterdeep – Dragon Heist – Spring Madness/Hell of a Summer/Maestro’s Fall/Winter Wizardry – The mastermind behind the issues in Darokin is unmasked.
(mdt) Summoner’s Remorse – an abandoned temple is getting more interest.
Eldritch Lairs – Crypt of Green Shadows
AC 1004 – Mystery in the Silver Sierras – The Concept
Characters have been hired to clear out a castle on the borders of Darokin and the Broken Lands to the north of their great lake. They are permitted to keep any treasure they find, as long as the merchant hiring them can choose to purchase items (at fair market value), though all tapestries, paper and painting all are to be passed on as part of the heritage of the place.
Starting Location – The first group started in Selenica, as a follow on adventure from Rahasia for the same characters. The second group started in Darokin City.
AC 1004 – Mystery in the Silver Sierras – The Reveal
- Wrath of the Immortals – Part 1 (5th Edition)
- Group: Wednesday (D&D Week)
- Session 85 (1 session)
- 5th September 2018
- Players: Dave – Garfield (1), Annette – Grue (1), Jeff – Hadrian (1), Fiona – Nermal v2 (1), Adrian – McGweir (1)
Notes: this group absolutely failed this adventure on many levels, they showcased just how badly they could operate and they went out of their way to fail all objectives. But they they were happy to murder elven and human children as they slept. All these characters were executed in the setting before this adventure making it an aberration in the campaign as if it never happened, though their previous Darokin intro had them all executed for their crimes against the elves.
Of all the adventures played, this one is deemed to be errated out of the universe as if it never happened.
This is the start if the core campaign that was 84 sessions and three and a half years in planning for.
The first attempt was on the 5th of September 2018 for a single session. I should have known things were going to go bad when one of the players said that if they wanted heroes, these are not the people they should hire. Which is not a great way to start when I had a base rule of no evil character or players. I was not expecting my group of players to include both.
So while travelling across Darokin to the great lake and talking with the merchant, they finally reached the tower they were to clear and then proceeded to be spiteful to their employed by destroying the tower, any tapestries, painting and paperwork they were hired to preserve as part of their employment.
They missed an opportunity to be heroic and engage with the backstory of the campaign and therefore walked into the next section of the story blind to what the campaign was about.
Player choice to make their character evil for the campaigns first major story arc was a surprise for me, but it was within their rights, the unfortunate thing for them was it ruled out these characters from the rest of the storyline and they were told these characters were not going forward into any future adventures as player characters. This does not mean they can’t be NPC’s in the future, as shown when they were last seen in the storyline being executed by the Darokin authorities for the mass murder of elven children in their previous adventure..
The second attempt was on the 7th January 2020 and lasted two sessions. This group was respectful, dd the job and gained the reward. They also gained a contact within Darokin, prestige towards being heroes of the nation and became the founding members of the investigation team.
Major Plot Points For Wed Group
The adventure was planned to go over three sessions and cover the following major campaign plot points.
- The Mirror Shield of Rheddrian – What it is, what it can do, where it comes from.
- Rheddrian – Who he is, where he came from, what he knows, and what help he needs.
- Crackle and the others – Who they are, what they are, and why there are there.
- The Knight’s Rivets – Why are various parties meeting there, who is doing the inviting, who is invited, how are they invited, why are they invited.
- 1004 AC – What happened in the missing year.
Notable changes to the setting:
- A reminder that Evil parties are removed from the list of playable characters and become NPC’s for the Dungeon Master to use against the players. In this case the adventuring part was captured and executed for crimes against the elven nation with the slaughter of over 50 children the equivalent of 6-8 year old humans.
Major Plot Points For Tues Group
The adventure was planned to go over three sessions and cover the following major campaign plot points.
- The Mirror Shield of Rheddrian – It was a piece of the Starship that Rheddrian arrived in when he crashed landed on the planet more than 10,000 years ago.
- Rheddrian – He was the engineer of the starship, and while he and the crew slept in status while waiting to be rescued, the awoke to the death of most of his crew and the destruction of the ship which caused the worlds climate to change and the destruction of the Blackmoor civilisation.
- Crackle and the others – They are a group of sentient undead that have access to the memories of those who they were in life. They are not evil, but stuck following orders of those who they followed in their bodies former life.
- The Knight’s Rivets – The centre of the investigations into what is happening in the world for Rheddrian.
AC 1004 – Mystery in the Silver Sierras – The Outcome
Completing this adventure leads into Phase Two of the campaign where characters are hired as investigators for Rheddrians Investigation Service.
- Completion of this adventure is the capstone event that concludes Phase One – Introductions of the campaign. This changes the theme of the story as indicated in the next adventure.
- Rheddrian arrives in Darokin City and becomes an influential Merchant.
- Starts a information company called Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau which is also the next adventure in the storyline being the Start of Phase Two – Investigations.
- 2021-08-22 – Added in a timeline link to the reusable content to keep in consistent.
- 2021-08-15 – Update to content with extra information and tying it to the phases in the storyline.
- 2021-07-29 – Added in P1 to represent the phase in the title, spelling errors and format update.
- 2021-05-10 – Linked in details from campaign for the failed attempt.
- 2020-08-25 – Cleaned up and added some extra content.
- 2020-04-19 – Structure and content.
By Country (3/3) – Glantri, Karameikos, Ylaruam
Introduction: (13/13) – Alfheim, Atruaghin Clans, Broken Lands, Darokin, Ethengar, Five Shires, Glantri, Ierendi, Karameikos, Minrothad, Northern Reaches, Rockhome, Ylaruam
Annual: (6/11) – Atruaghin Clans Ascension, Ethengar Totems, Land of Black Sands, Mystery (of the Duke’s Road Massacres, of the Forgotten Dungeon, of the Hidden Kingdoms of Dragons)
(Tier 1 – Introduction 11/46)
AC 1000 (Year 1) – (2/8) – Lord of Lance Rock, Relic Hunter (Dragon Hatchery)
AC 1001 (Year 2) – (1/8) – Relic Hunter (Tomb of Moving Stones)
AC 1002 (Year 3) – (3/9) – Business (Bargewright Inn), Cult (of the Feathergale Knights), Mystery (of the Missing Delegation)
AC 1003 (Year 4) – (3/10) Cult (of the Riverguard Keep), Mystery (in Atruaghin’s Palace, of the Iceshield Orcs)
AC 1004 (Year 5) – (2/11) – Cult (of the Sacred Stone), Mystery (in the Silver Sierras), School Assignment (Lupins or Werewolves)
(Tier 2 – Investigation 16/50)
AC 1005 (Year 6) – (12/19) – Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau, Cult (of the Scarlet Moon, of the Valley of Death), Mystery (in Aegos, in Sundsvall, in Thyatis City, of the Alphatian Duellers, of the Dead Elf, of the Great Gnome Caravan, of the Magic Mirror, of the Missing Pilgrims), Relic Hunter (Dinosaurs)
1006 AC (Year 7) – (6/12) – Mystery (Dinner Assassins, in Radlebb Woods, in Ringrise, in Wendar, of the Dual Memories), Time Travel Castle Amber
1007 AC (Year 8) – (6/17) – Mystery of the Dying Trees, Thanatos and the Azcans, Thanatos and the Milenians, Thanatos and the Nithians, Thanatos and the Shahjapurs, The Day Magic Died
1008 AC (Year 9) – (0/6)
1009 AC (Year 10) – (0/5)
Phase 3 (Tier 3 – War 28), Year 11 – 10, Year 12 – 5, Year 13 – 4, Year 14 – 4, Year 15 – 4
Phase 4 (Tier 4 – Conclusion 7) Year 16 – 3, Year 17 – 2, Year 18 – 1, Year 19 – 1, Year 20 –
Phase 5 (Tier 5 – tba)
Phase 6 (Tier 6 – tba)
D&D 5E in Mystara
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Game Management – Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Gaming over Skype, GM’s Luck Roll, Tracking Experience
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.