Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Adventures in Phase One – AC 1002 – Mystery of the Missing Delegation
Princes of the Apocalypse – The Missing Delegation
AC 1002 – Mystery of the Missing Delegation – Overview
This is an adventure taken from Princes of the Apocalypse and adapted to the Mystara setting..
This features in the following sections:
AC 1002 – Mystery of the Missing Delegation – Timeline
- Timeline – AC 1002 – Alfheim
- Still to be Edited
- (GAZ5) Follow that Orc! – A Guardian of the Trees of Life asks for an investigation into unusual movements of an Orc in Alfheim City.
- (dwt) The Blight – Issues with a sacred tree.
- (dwt) Lair of the Mad Druid – people are disappearing in the forest.
- The Rise of the Drow – The Darkest Dawn
- Tales of the Old Margrave – The Fingers of Derende
- Tales of the Old Margrave – The Vengeful Heart
- Tome of Beasts II Lairs – The Twisted Wreath
- Timeline – AC 1002 – Darokin
- Relic Hunter – Dragon Hatchery – Explore the excavation site. After scouting the region activity in the swamp and determining that the bulk of the troops have moved on, a scouting group is sent in to discover what is left.
- Mystery of the Missing Delegation – An group of delegates from the Heldannic Freeholds were moving south into Vestland (Northern Reaches) and have disappeared. (Harpers or Lord’s Alliance)
- Still to be Edited
- (GAZ11) The Wanderer’s Grave – A hidden treasure can be found by the light of the moon in the mountains bordering Darokin and the Five Shires.
- Waterdeep – Dragon Heist – Fireball – A fireball explodes in Trollskull Ally of Darokin City, setting off an investigation.
- Waterdeep – Dragon Heist – Dragon Season – A mysterious Vault of Dragons is rumoured to be uncovered.
- (dwt) The Case of the Scrupulous Pawnbroker – Local buyer of relics needs help.
- (dwt) With a Candlestick – a murder investigation.
- Timeline – AC 1002 – Minrothad
- Still to be Edited
- <-> (GAZ9) The Harbour Inhabitants – Nixies have taken up residence in Minrothad Harbour and need to be removed.
- (PC3) The Ruins of the Taymora – A gathering of undead in some ancient underwater ruins causes alarm.
- (mdt) The Unquenched Thirst – an issue with undead on a nearby island.
- Timeline – AC 1002 – Northern Reaches
- Business – Bargewright Inn – An Innkeeper needs help running their establishment in Vestland (Northern Reaches) for a month while they catch up with family in another settlement.
- Cult of the Feathergale Knights – A group of airborne knights calling themselves the Feathergale Society are based out of a mysterious haunted keep called Feathergale Spire located somewhere in the Northern Reaches of Vestland.
- Cult of the Riverguard Keep – A group of mercenaries have occupied a ruin known as Riverguard Keep.
- Cult of the Sacred Stone – A group of new monks are seen in the region.
- Mystery at Nightstone – Part 3 – Save the villagers from the Dripping Caves.
- Timeline – AC 1002 – Norwold Region
- Still to be Edited
- The Gnomes are Conquered – The Heldannic Knights take over the lands of the Gnomes, they don’t change any of their culture or identity, but use them to provide a base of operations in the Hollow World.
- Rime of the Frostmaiden – Ten Towns
- Timeline – AC 1002 – Thyatian Empire
- Still to be Edited
- (DDA2) Legions of Thyatis – Senator Helenites Osteropolus invites a group of heroes to help with the mistreatment of the gladiators in Thyatis.
- Baulder’s Gate – Descent into Avernus – The Low Lantern – A son of a lord can be met at the Low Lantern.
- Baulder’s Gate – Descent into Avernus – Vanthampur Villa – Another noble son, another puzzle.
- (dwt) Neotomas’ Paradise – Disappearances have led to monsters in the sewers.
- Tome of Beasts II Lairs – The Forsaken Fort
AC 1002 – Mystery of the Missing Delegation – The Concept
This Village of Red Larch is located in Vestland, north of Trollheim in hex (Vestland+17-6). This represents 17 hexes to the north and 6 hexes to the southwest. This is in the hex in Vestland adjacent to Ethengar and Heldannic Territories. Other the the change in location, nothing needs to be changed to make this adventure work. This used the Missing Delegation adventure.
Characters associated with the Heldannic Territories or Thyatian Empire have been ask to look into the disappearence of the delegates.
AC 1002 – Mystery of the Missing Delegation – The Reveal
- AC 1002 – Various factions from around the region have interest in the missing delegation.
- Alfheim – Emerald Enclave – The moon elf Teresiel had in her possession a pouch of magical seeds she was taking to the abbey of Goldenfields, not far from Red Larch. When planted, these seeds are supposed to grow into a magical grove
- Darokin – Harpers. The delegation included a renowned stonebound dwarf historian named Bruldenthar, who was transporting his collection of manuscripts to Rockhome. The Harpers don’t want the sage or his books to fall into the wrong hands.
- Darokin, Minrothad – Lord’s Alliance – Three important diplomats from cities in the alliance were leading the delegation: a moon elf from Alfheim named Teresiel, a stonebound dwarf from Rockhome named Rhundorth, and a human noble from Darokin City named Deseyna Majarra. The diplomats are important, but each also carries one part of a secret, coded document that must be recovered at all costs
- Thyatian Empire – Order of the Gauntlet – The delegation was also transporting the body of a knight who was killed fighting orcs in the mountain of the Norwold Region. The knight was to be interred with honor at Kerendas (Thyatis), the chapter house of an order called the Knights of Samular.
- Thyatian Empire – Zhentarim – The Zhentarim aren’t particularly concerned about the delegation for its own sake, but they see an interesting opportunity here to rescue the missing delegates and win the gratitude of the leaders of Rockhome. Accordingly, a Zhentarim character wants to prove the good faith of the Black Network by lending a helping hand.
AC 1002 – Mystery of the Missing Delegation – The Outcome
This was not run by the group and has the following outcome.
- The Cult of the Black Earth Cultists were discovered to be behind the attacks.
- 2021-08-24 – Update to layout, menu and adding in additional content.
(Tier 1 – Introduction 11/46)
(Tier 2 – Investigation 16/50)
AC 1005 (Year 6) – (12/19) – Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau, Cult (of the Scarlet Moon, of the Valley of Death), Mystery (in Aegos, in Sundsvall, in Thyatis City, of the Alphatian Duellers, of the Dead Elf, of the Great Gnome Caravan, of the Magic Mirror, of the Missing Pilgrims), Relic Hunter (Dinosaurs)
Phase 3 (Tier 3 – War 28), Year 11 – 10, Year 12 – 5, Year 13 – 4, Year 14 – 4, Year 15 – 4
Phase 4 (Tier 4 – Conclusion 7) Year 16 – 3, Year 17 – 2, Year 18 – 1, Year 19 – 1, Year 20 –
Phase 5 (Tier 5 – tba)
Phase 6 (Tier 6 – tba)
Campaign References: Books,
Patrons: Abundance, Adventure, Aerial Races, Agriculture, Air, Alchemy, Amazons, Ambition, Anarchy, Ancient, Animals, Aquatic Races, Aranea, Architecture, Arctic, Armourer, the Arts, Astrology, Astronomy, Audacity, Authority, Avianfolk, Avidity, Balance, Battle, Bards, Beauty, Beholders, Berserkers, Betrayal, Birth, Blackflame, Boldness, Books, Bravery, Brute-men, Bugbears, Building, Cannibalism, Catfolk, Cats, Cavalry, Centaurs, Chance, Chaos, Charity, Charms, Cheating, Children, Circumvention, Cities, Cleverness, Cold, Communication, Completeness, Con-men, Conquest, Cooperation, Corruption, Courage, Crafts, Craftsmen, Creation, Cruelty, Culture, Cunning, Darkness, Death, Decadence, Deceit, Defence, Defiance, Desire, Destiny, Destruction,
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.