Star Wars – EDF-WEX
Equipment Data File – Weapon – Explosive and Others
Stun grenades use sonic waves, concussion shocks, and other methods to stun their targets.
Like frag grenades, stun grenades can be set to detonate on impact or set with a timer to detonate up to 3 rounds after being activated. Stun grenades rarely have pressure detonators.
Fantasy Flight Rules – Stun Grenade
- Source: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ee-cr161)
- Stun Grenade – Skill: Ranged – Light, Damage: 8, Crit: NA, Range: Short, Encumbrance: 1, Hard Points: 0, Price: 75 credits, Rarity: 4, Special Qualities: Blast 8, Disorient 3, Limited Ammo 1, Stun Damage
- Blast (Active) The weapon has a large spread, an explosive blast, or similar area of effect, like the detonation of a grenade or a warhead fired from a missile launcher. If the attack is successful and Blast activates, each character (friend or foe) Engaged with the original target suffers wounds equal to the weapon’s Blast rating (plus an additional wound per Success as usual).
- In a relatively small and enclosed area, the Game Master might decide that everyone in the room suffers damage.
- If the Blast quality doesn’t activate, the ordnance still detonates, but bad luck or poor aim on the part of the firer (or quick reactions on the part of the victims) means the explosion may not catch anyone else in its radius. However, the user may also trigger Blast if the attack misses, by spending (three advantages). In this case, the original target and every target engaged with the original target suffers damage equal to the Blast rating of the weapon.
- Disorient (Active) A weapon with Disorient can daze an opponent. When Disorient is triggered, the target is disoriented (see ee-cr page 218) for a number of rounds equal to the weapon’s Disorient rating. A disoriented target adds (one setback dice) to all skill checks he performs.
- Limited Ammo (Passive) Some weapons fire particularly large or complex projectiles that cost significant amounts of credits, or are themselves a complete weapon that once launched is expended. A weapon with the Limited Ammo quality may be used to make a number of attacks equal to its Limited Ammo rating before it must be reloaded with a maneuver. In addition, each shot expends one of a limited number of rounds of ammo, which must be purchased or otherwise obtained before the weapon can be used. This also applies to grenades and other “one use” weapons which have the Limited Ammo 1 quality (here, the user is not “reloading” the grenade, but drawing another to use — but mechanically they are equivalent).
- Stun Damage (Passive) Some weapons deal Stun damage instead of regular damage. In this case, the weapon deals damage as strain instead of wounds. This damage is still reduced by a target’s soak.
- A variant of this is a Stun setting. As a free action, the wielder can choose to switch the setting of his weapon to “Stun.” In this case, it does stun damage as described above. When weapons with a stun setting are used to deal stun damage, their range changes to short and cannot be increased.
Armour Modifications: Cortosis Weave, Enhanced Optics Suite, Heating System, Optical Camouflage System, Strength Enhancing System, Superior Armour Customisation, Thermal Shielding System, Vacuum Sealed
Modifications: Augmented Spin Barrel, Balanced Hilt, Blaster Actuating Module, Bipod Mount, Bowcaster Accelerator Enhancement, Bowcaster Automatic Re-Cocker, Filed Front Sight, Forearm Grip, Marksman Barrel, Mono-Molecular Edge, Multi-Optic Sight, Serrated Edge, Shortened Barrel, Spread Barrel, Superior Weapon Customisation, Telescopic Optical Sight, Tripod Mount, Under-Barrel Flame Projector (R), Under-Barrel Grenade Launcher (R), Weapon Harness, Weapon Sling, Weighted Head
Modifications: Rubat Crystals
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.