Star Wars – EDF-MA
Equipment Data File – Modification for Armour and Weapons
Armour Attachments – Armor, like personal weapons, has a number of customization hard points and can be just as easily modified as a blaster or slugthrower. By design, armor attachments are more defensive in nature, leaning toward special coatings or environmental sealants, as well as enhanced optics and built-in communications. As with weapons, a fair amount of common sense on the part of the players and Game Master is required when modifying armor. Most suits of armor can only hold one environmental system, such as cold or heat resistance, or one type of optical enhancement in the helmet.
From Age of Rebellion
Although uncommon, and considered by most to be useless and archaic, some armorers can modify a suit with a special energy-resistant mesh of rare cortosis ore. This makes the armor more resistant to penetration by energy weapons, but the result is rarely worth the price.
From Edge of the Empire
Although uncommon and even considered archaic in this day and age, some armorers specially equip protective gear with an underlying weave of rare cortosis. This does tend to make the armor more resistant to being penetrated (especially by energy weapons), but the cost is seldom worth the result.
Fantasy Flight Rules – Cortosis Weave
- Source: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ar-cr-205), Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ee-cr-194)
- Cortosis Weave – Price: 10,000 credits, Rarity: 8, Hard Points Required: 2
- Base Modifiers: The armor or weapon gains the Cortosis quality.
- Modification Options: None.
- Cortosis (Passive) Cortosis is an ore found primarily in the Outer Rim. It is extremely rare and valuable, and was used primarily during the Clone Wars against the Jedi knights. There are two varieties of Cortosis ore.
- The rarest versions can actually short out a lightsaber’s blade, causing it to fail temporarily.
- The far more common Cortosis ore is still a miraculous substance, because when molded into armor, it forms an interlocking molecular bond that is extremely resistant to energy weapons.
- Weapons with the Cortosis quality are immune to the Sunder quality. Armor with the Cortosis quality makes the wearer’s soak immune to the Pierce and Breach qualities.
- 2022-03-24 – Updated with content from Age of Rebellion.
- 2022-01-06 – Included the modification to include weapons as per the description.
- 2021-06-08 – Adding in model of Cortois weave called Beskar for the Mandalorians, and cleaned up look and spelling.
Armour Modifications: Cortosis Weave (8), Enhanced Optics Suite (3), Heating System (3), Optical Camouflage System (6), Strength Enhancing System (4), Superior Armour Customisation (6), Thermal Shielding System (3), Vacuum Sealed (3)
Cybernetics: Brain Implant (6), Cyberarm (Mod V (6), Mod VI (6)), Cyberleg (Mod II (6), Mod III (6)), Cyberscanner Limb (7), Eyes (6), Immune Implant (6), Implant Armour (6), Prosthetic Replacement (Limb (4), Organ (4)), Weapon (7)
Security: Advanced Flesh Camouflage Kit (R7), Binders (0), BlackOps Data Breaker (R6), Comm Jammer (3), Comm Scrambler (R5), Disguise Kit (4), Electronic Lock Breaker (R5), Personal Stealth Field (9), Restraining Bolt (0), Slicer Gear (4)
Spice: Avabush (dose (R6), crate (R7)), Booster Blue (dose (R5), crate (R6)), Death Sticks (dose (R1), crate (R2)), Glitterstim (dose (R7), crate (R8)), Lesai (dose (R9), crate (R10)), Yarrock (dose (R8), crate (R9))
Tools: Backpack (0), Climbing Gear (2), Datapad (1), Emergency Repair Patch (1), Extra Reload (1), Fusion Cutter (2), Fusion Lantern (2), Glowrod (0), Jet Pack (7), Load-Bearing Gear (3), Military Field Manual (4), Tool Kit (2), Utility Belt (0)
Blaster: Bowcaster (7), Carbine (5), Disruptor (Pistol (R6), Rifle (R6)), Heavy Pistol (6), Heavy Repeating (R8), Heavy Rifle (6), Holdout (4), Ionization (3), Light Pistol (4), Light Repeating (R7), Pistol (4), Rifle (5)
Modifications: Augmented Spin Barrel (4), Balanced Hilt (5), Blaster Actuating Module (4), Bipod Mount (1), Bowcaster Accelerator Enhancement (4), Bowcaster Automatic Re-Cocker (3), Filed Front Sight (0), Forearm Grip (1), Marksman Barrel (4), Mono-Molecular Edge (5), Multi-Optic Sight (3), Serrated Edge (1), Shortened Barrel (4), Spread Barrel (4), Superior Weapon Customisation (6), Telescopic Optical Sight (1), Tripod Mount (3), Under-Barrel (Flame Projector (R5), Grenade Launcher (R5)), Weapon Harness (2), Weapon Sling (0), Weighted Head (3)
Lightsaber: Lightsaber (R10)
Modifications: Rubat Crystals (R10)
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
Character Builds: Bounty Hunter (Karlid – Assassin, Vanna – Gadgeteer, Kyanna – Martial Artist, Jed – Operator, Theya – Skip Tracer, Cadkia – Survivalist), Smuggler (Ebaya – Gambler), Technician (B1-337 – Droid Tech)
References: for Characters, for GMs, Dice, Items (Lightsabers, Modifying, Purchasing, Qualities), Knight Level Play, Mechanics (Awareness, Duty, Morality, Obligation), Movement (Personal, Planetary, Vehicles), Roles (Bounty Hunting, Investigations), Secrets (Empire, Jedi, Mandalorians, Rebels, Sith)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.