Star Wars – EDF-WEX
Equipment Data File – Weapon – Explosive and Others
An (R) next to the price means the item is restricted and cannot be bought on the open market, in which case the price listed is the closest average black market price.
Explosives and Ordnance – While a blaster is the answer to most problems encountered on the battlefield, not even the ubiquitous E-11 can handle every tactical situation. There are cases when heavier, more destructive firepower is needed, as when dealing with a heavily entrenched enemy or a platoon of armored walkers. For situations such as these, most military and paramilitary forces issue a variety of heavy support weapons and hand grenades to their troopers so as to better deal with the constantly shifting tactical realities of the battlefield.
From Age of Rebellion
About the size of a common frag grenade, thermal detonators are one of the most feared and destructive pieces of portable ordnance in the galaxy. Instead of a standard explosive core, thermal detonators have a core of compressed baradium surrounded by a thermite-baradium casing. Upon detonation, a small explosion starts a chain reaction in the baradium core. The resulting massive fusion detonation releases a wave of incredibly deadly radioactive particles, which completely annihilate everything in their blast area. Thermal detonators are extremely unstable, thanks to the baradium used in their construction, and are often as much a danger to their users as their targets. Due to their instability and their sheer destructive potential, the production and use of thermal detonators is strictly prohibited on many worlds. In addition, they have a reputation similar to flame projectors and anti-personnel mines as little more than terror weapons.
From Edge of the Empire
These insidious devices are the size of frag grenades, but have a thermite-baradium casing surrounding a baradium core. On detonation, the resulting fusion reaction creates a particle wave that disintegrates everything in the blast. Most authorities ban thermal detonators because of baradium’s instability. One detonator can level a building.
Thermal detonators can be set to detonate on impact or set with a timer to detonate up to 3 rounds after being activated at the beginning of the attacker’s action. Some also have a pressure switch that, once pressed, detonates immediately upon release. Thermal detonators are so potent that their Blast quality affects everyone within short range of the original target.
Fantasy Flight Rules – Thermal Detonator
- Source: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ar-cr-180), Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ee-cr-165)
- Thermal Detonator – Skill: Ranged – Light, Damage: 20, Crit: 2, Range: Short, Encumbrance: 1, Hard Points: 0, Price: 2,000 credits (R), Rarity: 8, Special Qualities: Blast 6, Breach 1, Limited Ammo 1, Vicious 4
- When using a thermal detonator, any Despair result on the check means the detonator explodes prematurely. The wielder takes full damage from the weapon unless he can perform an additional maneuver to try to get clear; in this case, he only suffers the Blast damage.
- Blast (Active) The weapon has a large spread, an explosive blast, or similar area of effect, like the detonation of a grenade or a warhead fired from a missile launcher. If the attack is successful and Blast activates, each character (friend or foe) Engaged with the original target suffers wounds equal to the weapon’s Blast rating (plus an additional wound per Success as usual).
- In a relatively small and enclosed area, the Game Master might decide that everyone in the room suffers damage.
- If the Blast quality doesn’t activate, the ordnance still detonates, but bad luck or poor aim on the part of the firer (or quick reactions on the part of the victims) means the explosion may not catch anyone else in its radius. However, the user may also trigger Blast if the attack misses, by spending (three advantages). In this case, the original target and every target engaged with the original target suffers damage equal to the Blast rating of the weapon.
- Breach (Passive) Weapons with Breach burn through the toughest armor, and are often heavy weapons or starship weapons.
- Breach weapons ignore one point of Armor for every rating of Breach (meaning they also ignore 10 points of soak for every rating of Breach).
- Limited Ammo (Passive) Some weapons fire particularly large or complex projectiles that cost significant amounts of credits, or are themselves a complete weapon that once launched is expended. A weapon with the Limited Ammo quality may be used to make a number of attacks equal to its Limited Ammo rating before it must be reloaded with a maneuver. In addition, each shot expends one of a limited number of rounds of ammo, which must be purchased or otherwise obtained before the weapon can be used. This also applies to grenades and other “one use” weapons which have the Limited Ammo 1 quality (here, the user is not “reloading” the grenade, but drawing another to use – but mechanically they are equivalent).
- Vicious (Passive) When this weapon scores a critical injury or hit, the character adds ten times the Vicious rating to the critical roll. With Vicious 3, for example, the victim adds +30 to his critical hit result.
- 2022-03-24 – Updated with content from Age of Rebellion.
- 2021-12-28 – Added with Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook.
Armour: Adverse Environment Gear (1), Clothing (Armoured (6), Heavy (0)), Heavy Battle (R7), Laminate (3), Padded (1), Personal Deflector Shield (8)
Armour Modifications: Cortosis Weave (8), Enhanced Optics Suite (3), Heating System (3), Optical Camouflage System (6), Strength Enhancing System (4), Superior Armour Customisation (6), Thermal Shielding System (3), Vacuum Sealed (3)
Communications: Comlink (Handheld (0), Long-range (1)), Holo Messenger (4)
Cybernetics: Brain Implant (6), Cyberarm (Mod V (6), Mod VI (6)), Cyberleg (Mod II (6), Mod III (6)), Cyberscanner Limb (7), Eyes (6), Immune Implant (6), Implant Armour (6), Prosthetic Replacement (Limb (4), Organ (4)), Weapon (7)
Detection Devices: Electrobinoculars (1), General Purpose Scanner (3), Hand Scanner (2), Macrobinoculars (2), Scanner Goggles (3), Surveillance Tagger (R4)
Medical: Bacta (1), Bacta Tank (1), Emergency Medpac (1), Medpac (2), Stimpack (1), Synthskin (1)
Poison: Synthetic Anesthetic (4), Synthetic Neuroparaytic (R6), Synthetic Neurotoxin (R6)
Recreation: Chance Cube (0), Dejarik Table (4), Sabacc (0)
Security: Advanced Flesh Camouflage Kit (R7), Binders (0), BlackOps Data Breaker (R6), Comm Jammer (3), Comm Scrambler (R5), Disguise Kit (4), Electronic Lock Breaker (R5), Personal Stealth Field (9), Restraining Bolt (0), Slicer Gear (4)
Spice: Avabush (dose (R6), crate (R7)), Booster Blue (dose (R5), crate (R6)), Death Sticks (dose (R1), crate (R2)), Glitterstim (dose (R7), crate (R8)), Lesai (dose (R9), crate (R10)), Yarrock (dose (R8), crate (R9))
Survival: Breath Mask (1), Crash Survival Kit (2), Ration Pack (0), Space Suit (1), Tent (1), Thermal Cloak (1)
Tools: Backpack (0), Climbing Gear (2), Datapad (1), Emergency Repair Patch (1), Extra Reload (1), Fusion Cutter (2), Fusion Lantern (2), Glowrod (0), Jet Pack (7), Load-Bearing Gear (3), Military Field Manual (4), Tool Kit (2), Utility Belt (0)
Unique Illegal: Data Breaker (R6), Flesh Camouflage Set (R7), Personal Stealth Field (R9)
Blaster: Bowcaster (7), Carbine (5), Disruptor (Pistol (R6), Rifle (R6)), Heavy Pistol (6), Heavy Repeating (R8), Heavy Rifle (6), Holdout (4), Ionization (3), Light Pistol (4), Light Repeating (R7), Pistol (4), Rifle (5)
Explosive+: Flame Projector (6), Grenades (Armour Piercing (6), Frag (5), Stun (4)), Mine (Anti-Personnel (6), Anti-Vehicle (6)), Missile Tube (R8), Thermal Detonator (R8)
Brawling: Brass Knuckles (0), Shock Gloves (2)
Melee: Combat Knife (1), Force Pike (4), Gaffi Stick (2), Truncheon (1), Vibro-Ax (5), Vibroknife (3), Vibrosword (5)
Slugthrower: Pistol (3), Rifle (3)
Modifications: Augmented Spin Barrel (4), Balanced Hilt (5), Blaster Actuating Module (4), Bipod Mount (1), Bowcaster Accelerator Enhancement (4), Bowcaster Automatic Re-Cocker (3), Filed Front Sight (0), Forearm Grip (1), Marksman Barrel (4), Mono-Molecular Edge (5), Multi-Optic Sight (3), Serrated Edge (1), Shortened Barrel (4), Spread Barrel (4), Superior Weapon Customisation (6), Telescopic Optical Sight (1), Tripod Mount (3), Under-Barrel (Flame Projector (R5), Grenade Launcher (R5)), Weapon Harness (2), Weapon Sling (0), Weighted Head (3)
Lightsaber: Lightsaber (R10)
Modifications: Rubat Crystals (R10)
Star Wars RPG
SW Menu: Adventure, New Rules, Adversary, Companies, Droid, Equipment, Galaxy Map, Location, Vehicle
Campaign: NPCs, Side Stories, Timeline
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
Character Builds: Bounty Hunter (Karlid – Assassin, Vanna – Gadgeteer, Kyanna – Martial Artist, Jed – Operator, Theya – Skip Tracer, Cadkia – Survivalist), Smuggler (Ebaya – Gambler), Technician (B1-337 – Droid Tech)
References: for Characters, for GMs, Dice, Items (Lightsabers, Modifying, Purchasing, Qualities), Knight Level Play, Mechanics (Awareness, Duty, Morality, Obligation), Movement (Personal, Planetary, Vehicles), Roles (Bounty Hunting, Investigations), Secrets (Empire, Jedi, Mandalorians, Rebels, Sith)
Creating a Campaign:
(1) Rules and Setting,
(2) Characters and Timeline,
(3) Fringes Storyline,
(4) Rebels Storyline,
(5) Force Storyline,
(6) Mandalorian Storyline
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.