Star Wars – EDF-WME
Equipment Data File – Weapon – Melee
Force pikes are one-meter long metallic staves topped with power-tips. One setting on the power-tip vibrates powerfully enough to shatter flesh, steel, and stone. The other setting provides an electric shock that can be set relatively low to prod or control, or high to cause excruciating pain or death. Either setting is designed for ease of use – it takes little skill to swing a stick and cause devastating injury with the vibro or electricity setting. In the hands of a skilled user, however, it’s almost as powerful as a lightsaber.
Fantasy Flight Rules – Force Pike
- Source: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ee-cr169)
- Force Pike – Skill: Melee, Damage: +3, Crit: 2, Range: Engaged, Encumbrance: 3, Hard Points: 3, Price: 500 credits, Rarity: 4, Special Qualities: Pierce 2, Stun Setting
- Note: When used with its Stun Setting, a Force Pike does not benefit from the Pierce 2 Quality. Force pikes require two hands to wield.
- Pierce (Passive) – An attack made with this weapon ignores one point of soak for each rank of Pierce. If the weapon has more ranks of Pierce than the target’s total soak, it completely ignores the target’s soak. For example, Pierce 3 against a soak of 2 ignores 2 points of soak, but the extra “point” of Pierce has no further effect.
- Stun Damage (Passive) Some weapons deal Stun damage instead of regular damage. In this case, the weapon deals damage as strain instead of wounds. This damage is still reduced by a target’s soak.
- A variant of this is a Stun setting. As a free action, the wielder can choose to switch the setting of his weapon to “Stun.” In this case, it does stun damage as described above. When weapons with a stun setting are used to deal stun damage, their range changes to short and cannot be increased.
- 2021-04-19 – Fixing the weapon category
Armour Modifications: Cortosis Weave, Enhanced Optics Suite, Heating System, Optical Camouflage System, Strength Enhancing System, Superior Armour Customisation, Thermal Shielding System, Vacuum Sealed
Modifications: Augmented Spin Barrel, Balanced Hilt, Blaster Actuating Module, Bipod Mount, Bowcaster Accelerator Enhancement, Bowcaster Automatic Re-Cocker, Filed Front Sight, Forearm Grip, Marksman Barrel, Mono-Molecular Edge, Multi-Optic Sight, Serrated Edge, Shortened Barrel, Spread Barrel, Superior Weapon Customisation, Telescopic Optical Sight, Tripod Mount, Under-Barrel Flame Projector (R), Under-Barrel Grenade Launcher (R), Weapon Harness, Weapon Sling, Weighted Head
Modifications: Rubat Crystals
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.