Star Wars – EDF-WME
Equipment Data File – Weapon – Melee
Camorreans, particularly those employed by the notorious Hutts, often carry meter-long axes fitted with vibration technology. Most are very heavy and suited only for beings of considerable strength, and usually with a low center of gravity (particularly tall or elegant beings have trouble swinging the heavy axes without throwing themselves off-balance)
The damage a vibro-ax causes is tremendous and messy. The impact area suffers massive and deep trauma from the blade and the vibration. Because of this, wounds caused by vibro-axes are particularly nasty – hence the high damage and Critical Hit chance.
A vibro-ax requires two hands to wield.
Fantasy Flight Rules – Vibro-ax
- Source: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ee-cr162)
- Vibro-ax – Skill: Melee, Damage: +3, Crit: 2, Range: Engaged, Encumbrance: 4, Hard Points: 3, Price: 750 credits, Rarity: 5, Special Qualities: Pierce 2, Sunder, Vicious 3
- Pierce (Passive) – An attack made with this weapon ignores one point of soak for each rank of Pierce. If the weapon has more ranks of Pierce than the target’s total soak, it completely ignores the target’s soak. For example, Pierce 3 against a soak of 2 ignores 2 points of soak, but the extra “point” of Pierce has no further effect.
- Sunder (Active) When activated, the attacker chooses one item openly wielded by the target (such as a weapon, shield, or item on a belt). That item is damaged one step: to Minor if undamaged, from Minor to Moderate, or from Moderate to Major. If a weapon already suffering Major damage is the target of a successful Sunder, it is destroyed.
- Sunder requires (one advantage) to activate. If activated multiple times in the same attack, each can be applied against the same weapon, potentially taking a weapon from undamaged to destroyed in a single attack.
- Vicious (Passive) When this weapon scores a critical injury or hit, the character adds ten times the Vicious rating to the critical roll. With Vicious 3, for example, the victim adds +30 to his critical hit result.
Armour Modifications: Cortosis Weave, Enhanced Optics Suite, Heating System, Optical Camouflage System, Strength Enhancing System, Superior Armour Customisation, Thermal Shielding System, Vacuum Sealed
Modifications: Augmented Spin Barrel, Balanced Hilt, Blaster Actuating Module, Bipod Mount, Bowcaster Accelerator Enhancement, Bowcaster Automatic Re-Cocker, Filed Front Sight, Forearm Grip, Marksman Barrel, Mono-Molecular Edge, Multi-Optic Sight, Serrated Edge, Shortened Barrel, Spread Barrel, Superior Weapon Customisation, Telescopic Optical Sight, Tripod Mount, Under-Barrel Flame Projector (R), Under-Barrel Grenade Launcher (R), Weapon Harness, Weapon Sling, Weighted Head
Modifications: Rubat Crystals
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.