Star Wars – EDF-WT
Equipment Data File – Weapon – Thrown
SW Close Weapon Companies – Corellian Personal Defence, Kamperdine, Mandalorian, Merr-Sonn, SoroSuub,
Generic Items available to all Close Weapon companies – Balanced Hilt, Brass Knuckles, Bola, Combat Knife, Gaffi Stick, Mono-Molecular Edge, Net, Serrated Edge, Superior Weapon Customisation, Truncheon, Weighted Head.
- Generic Only
Sometimes a bounty hunter has to capture a foe alive rather than dead. Bolas and nets are both used to entangle a victim so that he can be approached and secured – usually for delivery to an authority or criminal organization. Both weapons are designed to be thrown or launched over short distances to ensnare an opponent. Although a stun weapon is easier to use, bolas and nets do have several advantages. Their low-tech construction means they are unlikely to show up on weapons scanners, and stun weapons have sometimes been known to deal lasting damage to a target.
Bolas and nets rely on the Ensnare quality of the weapons to incapacitate the user, meaning they require more than simply a successful hit. Due to the great deal of skill required, only those who are very talented or extremely desperate tend to use bolas or nets. Most individuals rely on the stun setting of a blaster to bring their target down.
Fantasy Flight Rules – Net
- Source: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ee-cr-164)
- Net – Skill: Ranged – Light, Damage: 2, Crit: -, Range: Short, Encumbrance: 3, Hard Points: 2, Price: 20 credits, Rarity: 2, Special Qualities: Ensnare 3, Knockdown, Limited Ammo 1
- Ensnare (Active) A weapon with Ensnare binds a foe and restricts his movements. When Ensnare is triggered, the target is immobilized (see ee-cr page 218) for a number of rounds equal to the weapon’s Ensnare rating. An Ensnared target may attempt a Hard (three difficulty dice) Athletics check as his action on his turn to break free from the effect. An immobilized target cannot perform maneuvers.
- Knockdown (Active) When knockdown triggers, the target is knocked prone. Unless specified otherwise, Knockdown requires (two advantages) to trigger, plus one additional (advantage) per silhouette beyond one.
- Limited Ammo (Passive) Some weapons fire particularly large or complex projectiles that cost significant amounts of credits, or are themselves a complete weapon that once launched is expended. A weapon with the Limited Ammo quality may be used to make a number of attacks equal to its Limited Ammo rating before it must be reloaded with a maneuver. In addition, each shot expends one of a limited number of rounds of ammo, which must be purchased or otherwise obtained before the weapon can be used. This also applies to grenades and other “one use” weapons which have the Limited Ammo 1 quality (here, the user is not “reloading” the grenade, but drawing another to use — but mechanically they are equivalent).
- The user may spend a Triumph to ensure the victim is so entangled that he may not make any maneuvers, and his only action each turn is a Formidable (five dice) Athletics check to free himself
Armour Modifications: Cortosis Weave (8), Enhanced Optics Suite (3), Heating System (3), Optical Camouflage System (6), Strength Enhancing System (4), Superior Armour Customisation (6), Thermal Shielding System (3), Vacuum Sealed (3)
Cybernetics: Brain Implant (6), Cyberarm (Mod V (6), Mod VI (6)), Cyberleg (Mod II (6), Mod III (6)), Cyberscanner Limb (7), Eyes (6), Immune Implant (6), Implant Armour (6), Prosthetic Replacement (Limb (4), Organ (4)), Weapon (7)
Security: Advanced Flesh Camouflage Kit (R7), Binders (0), BlackOps Data Breaker (R6), Comm Jammer (3), Comm Scrambler (R5), Disguise Kit (4), Electronic Lock Breaker (R5), Personal Stealth Field (9), Restraining Bolt (0), Slicer Gear (4)
Spice: Avabush (dose (R6), crate (R7)), Booster Blue (dose (R5), crate (R6)), Death Sticks (dose (R1), crate (R2)), Glitterstim (dose (R7), crate (R8)), Lesai (dose (R9), crate (R10)), Yarrock (dose (R8), crate (R9))
Tools: Backpack (0), Climbing Gear (2), Datapad (1), Emergency Repair Patch (1), Extra Reload (1), Fusion Cutter (2), Fusion Lantern (2), Glowrod (0), Jet Pack (7), Load-Bearing Gear (3), Military Field Manual (4), Tool Kit (2), Utility Belt (0)
Blaster: Bowcaster (7), Carbine (5), Disruptor (Pistol (R6), Rifle (R6)), Heavy Pistol (6), Heavy Repeating (R8), Heavy Rifle (6), Holdout (4), Ionization (3), Light Pistol (4), Light Repeating (R7), Pistol (4), Rifle (5)
Modifications: Augmented Spin Barrel (4), Balanced Hilt (5), Blaster Actuating Module (4), Bipod Mount (1), Bowcaster Accelerator Enhancement (4), Bowcaster Automatic Re-Cocker (3), Filed Front Sight (0), Forearm Grip (1), Marksman Barrel (4), Mono-Molecular Edge (5), Multi-Optic Sight (3), Serrated Edge (1), Shortened Barrel (4), Spread Barrel (4), Superior Weapon Customisation (6), Telescopic Optical Sight (1), Tripod Mount (3), Under-Barrel (Flame Projector (R5), Grenade Launcher (R5)), Weapon Harness (2), Weapon Sling (0), Weighted Head (3)
Lightsaber: Lightsaber (R10)
Modifications: Rubat Crystals (R10)
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
References: for Characters, for GMs, Dice, Items (Lightsabers, Modifying, Purchasing, Qualities), Knight Level Play, Mechanics (Awareness, Duty, Morality, Obligation), Movement (Personal, Planetary, Vehicles), Roles (Bounty Hunting, Investigations), Secrets (Empire, Jedi, Rebels, Sith)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.