Star Wars – Rules Updates
Force and Destiny – Force Awareness
- House Rule Changes
- Older Version of the Mechanic
- Content Updates
The mechanics of Obligation are in the Edge of the Empire rules, the mechanics for Duty are in the Age of Rebellion rules and the mechanics of Force Awareness are a house rule based on the other two mechanics and fluff in Force and Destiny. Morality is the mechanic that is separate to the others but unique to Force and Destiny meant for force sensitive characters only.
House Rule Changes
Force Awareness is hinted at in the text but no rules have been put in place showing how the Dark Side mystics can tell that there is anything happening with new rising force users.
Force awareness is the ability for the Emperor and his minions to identify and find the force users of the party. Members can gain force awareness the following ways:
- Using a force point from the force dice gains a point of awareness for either light or dark for each point used.
- Gaining a point of corruption for each point gained.
- Using the force at least once between morality rolls add +1 for each time you have done this consecutively, and if you have obtained from using the force between morality rolls the -1 for each time you have done so consecutively.
- Various uses of the force associated with the Jedi gaining special attention add to this score, ranging from lightsaber use, to suspected force related abilities. Reporting on force users is compared to reporting on suspected terrorist for the general population of the empire.
- Confirmed (footage) use showing the character clearly gains +100 divided by the characters personal awareness level rank, with a rank zero being treated as a 1 for the purpose of the calculation. All values are rounded down to the nearest whole number.
- Confirmed (observation) gains +50 also divided by rank.
- Suspected (footage) gains +25 also divided by rank.
- Suspected (observation) gains +5 also divided by rank.
Applied once per morality roll. This means an active force user will be noticed far sooner than one who does not rely on the force to solve their issues.
Team Awareness Level
This is a reminder of how much your team has caught the interest of the secret police of the empire who hunt for force active characters.
A percentile is rolled against party awareness to see if it affects the adventure. The personal awareness is stacked from the highest to the lowest. If the roll activates a characters awareness, the character in question gains 2 points of corruption and the rest of the party gains 1 point of corruption as the dark side is focused on them this session. This is doubled if the dice rolled double digits.
Once the team reaches a threshold of 100 in their team awareness then they gain a level of interest, and the party awareness is reset to zero with the individual scores added to the banke personal pool of awareness for each character.
Each rank of your Team Awareness Level has the following effects:
- An upgraded difficulty dice per rank when trying to hide against an Imperial Squad who has access to your file or a setback dice per rank if they do not
- Using the force to actively hunt the characters gains a blue dice per rank
Banked Personal Pool of Awareness
This represents how much a characters is of interest to the team of Force Hunters. For each threshold of 100 in your Banked Personal Poll of Awareness the characters gains a level of investigation equal to their ranks.
If they managed to lower the awareness, then they remove from the Baked awareness first, and can drop the level of awareness reducing the importance and threat of the Force Hunters.
Levels of Interest
Represents the level of interest by the force hunters for the group.
- You group is on anyone’s radar as being especially lucky.
- Your something elusive, and a bureaucrat is assigned to follow the exploits of the group and start to prepare and imperial file detailing when and where you group has been sighted and what they might have been involved in.
- Your tangible and identified as a group of interest, an ISB Operative is assigned to provide more intelligence on your team, with a alert put on your file to notify imperial security if your group is identified.
- Your visible and the group is tagged for integration with an servant of the emperor assigned your casefile, you have made it to the wanted listing for bounty hunters in regions you have been known to work. You team is wanted alive, and imperials checkpoints have your known scans and alias on the watch lists.
- Your team has become a powerful threat, and inquisitor has been assigned your casefile, you have made it to the wanted listing for all bounty hunters. Your groups wanted listing is changed to alive if possible, and imperials have an active alert out on you and search any area your identified, with imperial blockades called in for support. A task force is currently following your group.
- Your a symbol of hope, Darth Vader takes interest of your groups casefile, you have made it to the top wanted listing for all bounty hunters wanted dead or alive. The task force assigned to you now includes at least one star destroyer.
- Darth Vader is personally hunting you down with the 501st and has put his other interest on hold while you live. The bounty on your team has dropped the wanted alive section.
- The Emperor has named you group public enemy number one, and all imperial channels are working towards stopping your group at all costs.
Levels of Investigation
Represents the level of investigation by the force hunters against a character.
- You are not on anyone’s radar in the empire.
- Your something elusive, and a bureaucrat is assigned to follow the exploits of your character and starts an imperial investigation into your background, contacts, personality and has you flagged for importance for future information gathering.
- Your tangible and identified as a person of interest, an experience jedi hunter is assigned your casefile, you have made it to the wanted listing for worlds you have been known to operate, you are wanted alive and imperials agents have been informed to contact the hunter if your detained.
- Your visible and tagged for integration with an servant of the emperor assigned your casefile, you have made it to the wanted listing for bounty hunters in regions you have been known to work. Associated and former contacts are brought in for questioning with a detailed investigation into you life and exploits underway.
- You have become powerful and a threat, and inquisitor has been assigned your personal casefile, you have made it to the wanted listing for all bounty hunters to detain if possible. Imperials are instructed to call in for support if your identified. An alert on you goes out Empire wide.
- Your a symbol of hope, Darth Vader takes an interest in your casefile, you have made it to the top wanted listing for all bounty hunters for information only. You have become a symbol of advancement for all the inquisitors and they compete to be the first to capture you.
- Darth Vader takes on your elimination personally, you are being actively hunted by the dark lord of the sith.
- The Emperor has signed your death warrant for crimes against the empire, and your personally at the top of the most wanted list, with all your known associated in the firing line. Anyone mistaken for you gets killed on a daily basis until your death is confirmed at the highest level.
Older Version of the Mechanic
Force Mechanic (difficult)
- Characters start with 0 presence
- Taking a white point off the force dice increases your presence by 1 per point
- Taking a black point off the force dice increases your presence by 2 per point
- Using the force during the session increases your presence by 1 per consecutive sessions using the force (not limited to force dice)
- Not using the force during the session decreases your presence by 1 per consecutive sessions not using the force (not limited to force dice)
- Count the number of party member (and NPCs) in the party who used the force, each of those counted members have their presence increased by the count -1 (not counting themselves) (not limited to force dice)
- For 0 – 100 presence character is unknown
- For 100 – 200 presence characters become a ripple in the force and imperial forces will be on the lookout
- For 200 – 300 presence characters become a disturbance in the force and inquisitors are assigned to look into their cause
- For 300 – 400 presence characters become a beacon and actively hunted by the empire
- Use of lightsabre in public +50 to presence (if reported)
- Use of force powers in public +50 to presence (if reported)
- Public reference (or appearance) to Jedi +50 to presence (if reported)
Alternate rules: (heroic)
- Add total party’s presence for purposes of determining empire response threshold
- 2021-08-15 – Update to layout and menu.
- 2020-10-19 – Added in older version of the mechanic from Realm Works
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
Character Builds: Bounty Hunter (Karlid – Assassin, Vanna – Gadgeteer, Kyanna – Martial Artist, Jed – Operator, Theya – Skip Tracer, Cadkia – Survivalist), Smuggler (Ebaya – Gambler), Technician (B1-337 – Droid Tech)
References: for Characters, for GMs, Dice, Items (Lightsabers, Modifying, Purchasing, Qualities), Knight Level Play, Mechanics (Awareness, Duty, Morality, Obligation), Movement (Personal, Planetary, Vehicles), Roles (Bounty Hunting, Investigations), Secrets (Empire, Jedi, Mandalorians, Rebels, Sith)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.