Star Wars – EDF-WBL
Equipment Data File – Weapon – Blaster
Heavy Blaster Pistol
Heavy blasters are for those spacers who definitely want everyone to know they’re packing. They’re very powerful, sacrificing range, subtlety, and concealment for intimidation and the ability to tear big holes in most anything short of a blast door. Heavy blaster pistols are intended to combine the strength of a blaster rifle with the compactness of a pistol. Though they do not quite succeed at either (being slightly weaker than a blaster rifle and bulkier than a pistol) they still provide an excellent and deadly compromise weapon. Their only major drawback is that they carry fewer shots than either, a trade-off for the increased power.
Fantasy Flight Rules – Heavy Blaster Pistol
- Source: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ee-cr162)
- Heavy Blaster Pistol – Skill: Ranged – Light, Damage: 7, Crit: 3, Range: Medium, Encumbrance: 2, Hard Points: 3, Price: 700 credits, Rarity: 6, Special Qualities: Stun Setting
- Game Masters have the option to spend three Threat (or Disadvantage) or one Dispear to force a heavy blaster pistol to run out of ammo (see ee-cr page 207).
- Stun Damage (Passive) Some weapons deal Stun damage instead of regular damage. In this case, the weapon deals damage as strain instead of wounds. This damage is still reduced by a target’s soak.
- A variant of this is a Stun setting. As a free action, the wielder can choose to switch the setting of his weapon to “Stun.” In this case, it does stun damage as described above. When weapons with a stun setting are used to deal stun damage, their range changes to short and cannot be increased.
Armour Modifications: Cortosis Weave, Enhanced Optics Suite, Heating System, Optical Camouflage System, Strength Enhancing System, Superior Armour Customisation, Thermal Shielding System, Vacuum Sealed
Modifications: Augmented Spin Barrel, Balanced Hilt, Blaster Actuating Module, Bipod Mount, Bowcaster Accelerator Enhancement, Bowcaster Automatic Re-Cocker, Filed Front Sight, Forearm Grip, Marksman Barrel, Mono-Molecular Edge, Multi-Optic Sight, Serrated Edge, Shortened Barrel, Spread Barrel, Superior Weapon Customisation, Telescopic Optical Sight, Tripod Mount, Under-Barrel Flame Projector (R), Under-Barrel Grenade Launcher (R), Weapon Harness, Weapon Sling, Weighted Head
Modifications: Rubat Crystals
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.