Star Wars – EDF-WBL
Equipment Data File – Weapon – Blaster
Bowcasters are associated with the Wookiees of Kashyyyk. They are as distinctive to the Wookiees as gaffi sticks are to the Sand People.
The various quarrels that can be fired from these weapons allow the wielder a great range of options. Standard ammunition consists of metallic bolts accelerated by polarizers astride the barrel tip. This increases the power and velocity of the round so that the heavy projectile reaches ranges equivalent to conventional blasters.
The standard quarrel is a micro-explosive capable of blasting through armor, metal, or thick flesh – like that of the giant creatures native to Kashyyyk. Other types of quarrels include sonic detonators, flash quarrels that stun and blind, or smoke quarrels designed to create cover for advancing Wookiee warriors.
Every bowcaster is hand-built for its user – hence the exorbitant cost. Most require significant strength to cock, but automatic re-cocking mechanisms are one of the most common modifications (Chewbacca’s bowcaster has automatic re-cocking, as well as a low-light scope).
Fantasy Flight Rules – Bowcaster
- Source: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ee-cr162)
- Bowcaster – Skill: Ranged – Heavy, Damage: 10, Crit: 3, Range: Medium, Encumbrance: 5, Hard Points: 2, Price: 1,250 credits, Rarity: 7, Special Qualities: Cumbersome 3, Knockdown
- The bowcaster presented here fires standard microexplosive quarrels, and does not have an automatic re-cocking mechanism. It requires the user to spend a maneuver cocking the weapon before each shot.
- Cumbersome (Passive) A Cumbersome weapon is large, unwieldy, awkward, or heavy. To wield a Cumbersome weapon properly, the character needs a Brawn characteristic equal to or greater than the weapon’s Cumbersome rating. For each point of Brawn the character is deficient, he must increase the difficulty of all checks made while using the weapon by one.
- Knockdown (Active) When knockdown triggers, the target is knocked prone. Unless specified otherwise, Knockdown requires (two advantages) to trigger, plus one additional (advantage) per silhouette beyond one.
Armour Modifications: Cortosis Weave, Enhanced Optics Suite, Heating System, Optical Camouflage System, Strength Enhancing System, Superior Armour Customisation, Thermal Shielding System, Vacuum Sealed
Modifications: Augmented Spin Barrel, Balanced Hilt, Blaster Actuating Module, Bipod Mount, Bowcaster Accelerator Enhancement, Bowcaster Automatic Re-Cocker, Filed Front Sight, Forearm Grip, Marksman Barrel, Mono-Molecular Edge, Multi-Optic Sight, Serrated Edge, Shortened Barrel, Spread Barrel, Superior Weapon Customisation, Telescopic Optical Sight, Tripod Mount, Under-Barrel Flame Projector (R), Under-Barrel Grenade Launcher (R), Weapon Harness, Weapon Sling, Weighted Head
Modifications: Rubat Crystals
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.