Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Spells – Cantrip – Thunder Bolt
- Evocation Cantrip
- Secret Crafts: Airologist, Dragonologist
- Casting time: 1 action
- Range: 30 feet
- Components: V, S
- Duration: Instantaneous
- You cast a knot of thunder at one enemy. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. If it hits, the target takes 1d8 thunder damage and can’t use reactions until the start of your next turn.
- The spell’s damage increases by 1d8 when you reach 5th level (2d8), 11th level (3d8), and 17th level (4d8).
Available Spell Lists
- Cantrip – Booming Blade (scag142), Breeze (mgp1008), Fist of Air (br207), Gust (xge157), Headwind (bls68), Lightning Lure (scag143), Shocking Grasp (ph275), Thunder Bolt (mhh197), Thunderclap (xge168), Wind Lash (mhh202)
- 1st Level – Absorb Elements (xge150), Affect Normal Fog (bls11), Circle of Wind – R (mhh157), Protection from Good and Evil – R (ph270), Wind Tunnel (mhh203), With the Wind – R (bls129)
- 2nd Level – Air Forge – R (bls12), Charged Missile (bls29), Dust Devil (xge154), Elemental Horns (mhh165), Gust of Wind (ph248), Pass through Element (mgp1008), Reverberate (mhh188), Rolling Thunder (mhh189), Skywrite – R (xge165), Warding Wind (xge170), Wind Armour (mgp1008)
- 3rd Level – Air Breathing – R (bls12), Air Bridge – R (bls12), Awaken Element – R (mgp1008), Call Lightning (ph220), Charged Touch (bls29), Dispel Magic – R (ph234), Electromagnetic Storm (bls50), Elemental Shape (mgp1008), Fly (ph243), Greater Thunderclap (mhh197), Perun’s Doom (mhh185), Protection from Energy (ph270)
- 4th Level – Air Sphere – R (bls13), Conjure Minor Elementals (ph226), Elemental Bane (xge155), Erode (mgp1008), Siphon Elemental Lifeforce (mph1008), Storm Sphere (xge166)
- 5th Level – Conjure Elemental (ph225), Control Winds – R (xge152), Inner Storm (bls76), Magic Circle against Energy – R (ea08), Wind Bindings (ea08)
- 6th Level – Elemental Fabrication – R (ea08), Elemental Scimitar (bls51), Investiture of Element (xge159), Lightning Storm (bls81), Lightning Wheel (bls82), Primordial Ward (xge163), Suffocate (ea08)
- 7th Level – Ebon Lightning (bls50), Electrical Storm (bls50), Vacuum Slash (mgp1008), Whirlwind (xge171)
- 8th Level – Control Weather (ph228), Elemental Infusion (bls51)
- 9th Level – Circle of Devastation (mhh157), Gate (ph244)
- Cantrip – Dragon Roar (mhh164), Puff of Smoke (mhh187), Thunder Bolt (mhh197)
- 1st Level – Converse with Dragon (mhh159), Draconic Smite (mhh163), Dragon’s Gauntlet (bls48), Kobold’s Fury (mhh177), Land Bond (mhh178), Waft (mhh201)
- 2nd Level – Detect Dragons (mhh163), Dragon Scales (bls47), Dragon’s Breath (xge154), Enhance Greed (mhh165), Lair Sense – R (mhh178), Ley Disruption (mhh179), Power Word Kneel (mhh186), Shade (mhh190), Treasure Chasm (mhh199), Wyven Guard (bls130)
- 3rd Level – Breath of the Dragon (bls26), Catch the Breath (mhh156), Jewelled Fissure (mhh177), Ley Energy Bolt (mhh179), Ley Sense (mhh179), Phantom Dragon (mhh185)
- 4th Level – Power Word Lesser Pain (mhh186), Raid the Lair (mhh187), Ray of Life Suppression (mhh188), Scale Rot (mhh189), Torrent of Fire (mhh199)
- 5th Level – Amplify Ley Field (mhh149), Claws of the Earth Dragon (mhh158), Dragon Breath Greater (mhh164), Energy Absorption (mhh165), Lesser Ley Pulse (mhh178), Ley Leech (mhh179), Spell Legs (bls112), Thunderstorm (mhh198)
- 6th Level – Icy Manipulation (mmh175), Ley Whip (mhh180)
- 7th Level – Aspect of the Dragon (mhh150), Greater Ley Pulse (mhh171), Legend Killer (mhh178), Power Word Pain (xge163), Volley Shield (mhh201)
- 8th Level – Deadly Sting (mhh162), Disruptive Aura (mhh163), Glacial Cascade (mhh170), Illusory Dragon (xge157), Power Word Restore (mhh186), Strength of the Wyrm (bls114)
- 9th Level – Ley Storm (mhh180), Ley Surge (mhh180)
* details to come. R – Ritual Spells.
Design changes for Spells
- Original Spell Lists: Dragon, Sorcerer
- One thing to note, is that all spells that I am adding into this blog have the Spell list removed from them, besides anything I might be doing to tweak them for my home campaign. There is a source there if you want to look up the original version of the spell for your own campaigns, but mine does not need that information.
- What has been added is the Secret Crafts, which replace the spell lists, as all spells not from the players handbook will only be available as part of the secret crafts of the world.
- 2021-08-16 – Updates to layout, tags and menu.
D&D 5E Rules Reference
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.