Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Spells – Level 5 – Wind Bindings
- 5th Level Evocation
- Secret Crafts: Airologist
- Casting time: 1 action
- Range: 90 ft
- Components: V, S, M (iron filings)
- Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute.
- Wind pushes down on the target requiring it to make a Strength saving throw to move at half speed. While held in place, all attacks are at disadvantage. You can select the direction of the wind and force the creature 10 ft in that direction if they fail another Strength saving throw. Spellcasters affected have disadvantage to maintain concentration to keep their spells.
- Huge or larger creatures have advantage on the saving throw, Gargantuan and Colossal are unaffected.
- Secret Crafts: You can add your current manifestation aura to the distance moved.
Available Spell Lists
- Cantrip – Booming Blade (scag142), Breeze (mgp1008), Fist of Air (br207), Gust (xge157), Headwind (bls68), Lightning Lure (scag143), Shocking Grasp (ph275), Spectral Weapon (GM), Thunder Bolt (mhh197), Thunderclap (xge168), Wind Lash (mhh202)
- 1st Level – Absorb Elements (xge150), Affect Normal Fog (bls11), Circle of Wind – R (mhh157), Protection from Good and Evil – R (ph270), Wind Tunnel (mhh203), With the Wind – R (bls129)
- 2nd Level – Air Forge – R (bls12), Charged Missile (bls29), Dust Devil (xge154), Elemental Horns (mhh165), Gust of Wind (ph248), Pass through Element (mgp1008), Reverberate (mhh188), Rolling Thunder (mhh189), Skywrite – R (xge165), Warding Wind (xge170), Wind Armour (mgp1008)
- 3rd Level – Air Breathing – R (bls12), Air Bridge – R (bls12), Awaken Element – R (mgp1008), Call Lightning (ph220), Charged Touch (bls29), Dispel Magic – R (ph234), Electromagnetic Storm (bls50), Elemental Shape (mgp1008), Fly (ph243), Greater Thunderclap (mhh197), Perun’s Doom (mhh185), Protection from Energy (ph270)
- 4th Level – Air Sphere – R (bls13), Conjure Minor Elementals (ph226), Elemental Bane (xge155), Erode (mgp1008), Siphon Elemental Lifeforce (mph1008), Storm Sphere (xge166)
- 5th Level – Conjure Elemental (ph225), Control Winds – R (xge152), Inner Storm (bls76), Magic Circle against Energy – R (ea08), Wind Bindings (ea08)
- 6th Level – Elemental Fabrication – R (ea08), Elemental Scimitar (bls51), Investiture of Element (xge159), Lightning Storm (bls81), Lightning Wheel (bls82), Primordial Ward (xge163), Suffocate (ea08)
- 7th Level – Ebon Lightning (bls50), Electrical Storm (bls50), Vacuum Slash (mgp1008), Whirlwind (xge171)
- 8th Level – Control Weather (ph228), Elemental Infusion (bls51)
- 9th Level – Circle of Devastation (mhh157), Gate (ph244)
Design changes for Spells
Original Spell Lists: Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard
One thing to note, is that all spells that I am adding into this blog have the Spell list removed from them, besides anything I might be doing to tweak them for my home campaign. There is a source there if you want to look up the original version of the spell for your own campaigns, but mine does not need that information.
What has been added is the Secret Crafts, which replace the spell lists, as all spells not from the players handbook will only be available as part of the secret crafts of the world.
3rd Edition Version
- Wind Bindings
- Evocation [Air]
- Level: Clr 5, Drd 5, Sor/Wiz 5
- Components: V, S, M/DF
- Casting Time: 1 action
- Range: Medium (100 ft + 10 ft/level)
- Target: One creature.
- Duration: 1 round/level
- Saving Throw: Special
- Spell Resistance: Yes
A storm-like force presses on the target from all sides, keeping it from moving. The creature can make a Strength check (DC 18) to move at half speed each round. While the wind holds it in check, the creature suffers a -2 to all its attack rolls and saving throws. You can direct the wind’s strength from an direction, even up and down, nd the creature must make a Fortitude save to avoid being moved 10 feet in that direction. If the creature is moved upwards or in a way that is not touching the ground, it cannot attempt to move or resist any further movement by the caster. Spellcasters trapped like this must roll a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell’s level) or loose any spell they try to cast. Huge and larger creatures gain a +2 to their checks and saving throws, and Gargantuan and Colossal creatures are not affected.
Material Component Focus: iron fillings.
- 2021-08-26 – Update to layout and menu.
D&D 5E Rules Reference
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.