Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Spells – Cantrip – Lightning Lure
- Evocation Cantrip
- Secret Crafts: Airologist, Elvenologist
- Casting time: 1 action
- Range: 15 feet
- Components: V
- Duration: Instantaneous
- You create a lash of lightning energy that strikes at one creature of your choice that you can see within range. The target must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be pulled up to 10 feet in a straight line toward you and then take 1d8 lightning damage if it is within 5 feet of you.
- This spell’s damage increases by 1d8 when you reach 5th level (2d8), 11th level (3d8), and 17th level (4d8).
Available Spell Lists
- Cantrip – Booming Blade (scag142), Breeze (mgp1008), Fist of Air (br207), Gust (xge157), Headwind (bls68), Lightning Lure (scag143), Shocking Grasp (ph275), Spectral Weapon (GM), Thunder Bolt (mhh197), Thunderclap (xge168), Wind Lash (mhh202)
- 1st Level – Absorb Elements (xge150), Affect Normal Fog – R (bls11), Circle of Wind – R (mhh157), Protection from Good and Evil – R (ph270), Wind Tunnel (mhh203), With the Wind – R (bls129)
- 2nd Level – Air Forge – R (bls12), Charged Missile (bls29), Dust Devil (xge154), Elemental Horns (mhh165), Gust of Wind (ph248), Pass through Element (ea08), Reverberate (mhh188), Rolling Thunder (mhh189), Skywrite – R (xge165), Warding Wind (xge170), Wind Armour (mgp1008)
- 3rd Level – Air Breathing – R (bls12), Air Bridge – R (bls12), Awaken Element – R (ea08), Call Lightning (ph220), Charged Touch (bls29), Dispel Magic – R (ph234), Electromagnetic Storm (bls50), Elemental Shape (mgp1008), Fly (ph243), Greater Thunderclap (mhh197), Perun’s Doom (mhh185), Protection from Energy (ph270)
- 4th Level – Air Sphere – R (bls13), Conjure Minor Elementals – R (ph226), Elemental Bane (xge155), Erode (ea08), Siphon Elemental Lifeforce (mph1008), Storm Sphere (xge166)
- 5th Level – Conjure Elemental – R (ph225), Control Winds – R (xge152), Inner Storm (bls76), Magic Circle against Energy – R (ea08), Wind Bindings (ea08)
- 6th Level – Elemental Fabrication – R (ea08), Elemental Scimitar (bls51), Investiture of Element (xge159), Lightning Storm (bls81), Lightning Wheel (bls82), Primordial Ward (xge163), Suffocate (ea08)
- 7th Level – Ebon Lightning (bls50), Electrical Storm (bls50), Vacuum Slash (mgp1008), Whirlwind (xge171)
- 8th Level – Control Weather – R (ph228), Elemental Infusion (bls51)
- 9th Level – Circle of Devastation (mhh157), Gate (ph244)
- Cantrip – Booming Blade (scag142), Green-Flame Blade (scag143), Lightning Lure (scag143), Sword Burst (scag143)
- 1st Level – Animal Friendship (ph213), Extract Foyson – R (mhh166), Guest of Honour – R (mhh172), Land Bond (mhh178), Tree Ladder (bls119)
- 2nd Level – Animal Messenger – R (ph213), Black Swan Storm (mhh152), Clearing the Field – R (mhh158), Heartache (mhh172), Ley Disruption (mhh179), Shadows Brought to Light – R (mhh192), Vine Trestle – R (mhh201)
- 3rd Level – Ley Energy Bolt (mhh179), Ley Sense (mhh179), Song of the Forest – R (mhh193)
- 4th Level – Ray of Life Suppression (mhh188), Shadow Retribution – R (mhh192)
- 5th Level – Amplify Ley Field (mhh149), Energy Absorption (mhh165), Lesser Ley Pulse (mhh178), Ley Leech (mhh179), Spell Legs (bls112), Tongue Tied (mhh199)
- 6th Level – Encroaching Shadows – R (mhh165), Ley Whip (mhh180)
- 7th Level – Celebration – R (mhh156), Greater Ley Pulse (mhh171), Volley Shield (mhh201)
- 8th Level – Bloom – R (mhh154), Desolation – R (mhh162), Disruptive Aura (mhh163), Harsh Light of Summer’s Glare (mhh172), Ley Surge (mhh180)
- 9th Level – Afflict Line – R (mhh148), Cosmic Alignment – R (mhh160), Ley Storm (mhh180)
* details to come. R – Ritual Spells.
Design changes for Spell
- Original Spell Lists: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
- One thing to note, is that all spells that I am adding into this blog have the Spell list removed from them, besides anything I might be doing to tweak them for my home campaign. There is a source there if you want to look up the original version of the spell for your own campaigns, but mine does not need that information.
- What has been added is the Secret Crafts, which replace the spell lists, as all spells not from the players handbook will only be available as part of the secret crafts of the world.
- 2021-08-16 – Update to layout, tags and menu.
D&D 5E Rules Reference
Crafts: Air, Alch, Blood, Bureau, Celestial, Chaos, Chrono, Craft, Crypt, Dark, Devour, Diplo, Divine, Dragon, Earth, Elements, Elven, Entertain, Fiend, Fire, Grave, Heal, Mech, Mental, Music, Nature, Necro, Portal, Preserve, Protect, Rad, Reani, Sail, Shade, Shape, Skald, Sky, Spirit, Spy, Star, Summon, Void, Wagon, Water, Weapon, Witch
A – Absorb Elements (Ab L1 xge150), Acid Splash (Co C ph212), Affect Normal Fog – R (Tr L1 bls11), Aid (Ab L2 ph212), AIR (Breathing – R (Tr L3 bls12), Bridge – R (Tr L3 bls12), Forge – R (Tr L2 bls13), Sphere – R (Co L4 bls13)), Alarm – R (Ab ph212), Alter Self (Tr L2 ph212), ANIMAL (Friendship (En L1 ph213), Messenger – R (En L2 ph213), Shapes (Tr L8 ph213)), ANIMATE (Dead (Ne L3 ph213), Objects (Tr L5 ph214)), Annihilation (Ne L5 ea02), Antilife Shell (Ab L5 ph214), Awaken Element (Tr L3 ea08)
C – Call Lightning (Co L3 ph220), CHARGED (Missile (Ev L2 bls29), Touch (Tr L3 bls29), Chill Blood (Ne L1 ea02), CIRCLE (of Devastation (Ev L9 mhh157), of Wind – R (Ab L1 mhh157)), Claws of Darkness (Ev C mhh157), Cloud Burst – R (Tr L1 bls33), CONJURE (Elemental – R (Co L5 ph225), Minor Elementals – R (Co L4 ph226)), CONTROL (Weather – R (Tr L8 ph228), Winds – R (Tr L5 xge152))
E – Ebon Lightning (Ev L7 bls50), Electrical Storm (Ev L7 bls50), Electromagnetic Storm (Ev L3 bls50), ELEMENTAL (Bane (Tr L4 xge155), Fabrication – R (Tr L6 ea08), Horns (Ev L2 mhh164). Infusion (Tr L8 bls51), Scimitar (Co L6 bls51), Shape (Tr L3 ph243)), Erode (Tr L4 ea08)
M – Magic Circle against Elements – R (Ab L5 ea08)
S – SHADOW (Horror (Ne L3 ea02), Mastery (Ne L3 ea02)), Shape Water (Tr C xge164), Shocking Grasp (Ev C ph275), Siphon Elemental Lifeforce (Ne L4 ea08), Skywrite – R (Tr L2 xge165), Snilloc’s Snowball Swarm (Ev L2 xge165), Spectral Weapon (Ev/Ne C dWiki), Storm Sphere (Ev L4 xge166), Suffocate (No L6 ea08), Sword Burst (Co C scag142)
V – Vacuum Slash (Ev L7 ea08)
W – Wall of Water (Ev L2 xge170), Warding Wind (Ev L2 xge170), Whirlwind (Ev L7 xge171) WIND (Armour (Ev L2 ea08, Bindings (Ev L5 ea08), Lash (Ev C mhh202), Tunnel (Ev L1 mhh203)), With the Wind – R (Ev L1 bls129), Wound (Ne L1 ea02)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.