Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Spells – Level 7 – Whirlwind
- 7th Level Evocation
- Secret Crafts: Airologist
- Casting time: 1 action
- Range: 300 ft
- Components: V, M (a piece of straw)
- Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
- A whirlwind howls down to a point that you can see on the ground within range. The whirlwind is a 10-foot-radius, 30-foot-high cylinder centered on that point. Until the spell ends, you can use your action to move the whirlwind up to 30 feet in any direction along the ground. The whirlwind sucks up any Medium or smaller objects that aren’t secured to anything and that aren’t worn or carried by anyone.
- A creature must make a Dexterity saving throw the first time on a turn that it enters the whirlwind or that the whirlwind enters its space, including when the whirlwind first appears. A creature takes 10d6 bludgeoning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. In addition, a Large or smaller creature that fails the save must succeed on a Strength saving throw or become restrained in the whirlwind until the spell ends. When a creature starts its turn restrained by the whirlwind, the creature is pulled 5 feet higher inside it, unless the creature is at the top. A restrained creature moves with the whirlwind and falls when the spell ends, unless the creature has some means to stay aloft.
- A restrained creature can use a n action to make a Strength or Dexterity check against your spell save DC. If successful, the creature is no longer restrained by the whirlwind and is hurled 3d6 x 10 feet away from it in a random direction.
Available Spell Lists
- Cantrip – Booming Blade (scag142), Breeze (mgp1008), Fist of Air (br207), Gust (xge157), Headwind (bls68), Lightning Lure (scag143), Shocking Grasp (ph275), Spectral Weapon (GM), Thunder Bolt (mhh197), Thunderclap (xge168), Wind Lash (mhh202)
- 1st Level – Absorb Elements (xge150), Affect Normal Fog (bls11), Circle of Wind – R (mhh157), Protection from Good and Evil – R (ph270), Wind Tunnel (mhh203), With the Wind – R (bls129)
- 2nd Level – Air Forge – R (bls12), Charged Missile (bls29), Dust Devil (xge154), Elemental Horns (mhh165), Gust of Wind (ph248), Pass through Element (mgp1008), Reverberate (mhh188), Rolling Thunder (mhh189), Skywrite – R (xge165), Warding Wind (xge170), Wind Armour (mgp1008)
- 3rd Level – Air Breathing – R (bls12), Air Bridge – R (bls12), Awaken Element – R (mgp1008), Call Lightning (ph220), Charged Touch (bls29), Dispel Magic – R (ph234), Electromagnetic Storm (bls50), Elemental Shape (mgp1008), Fly (ph243), Greater Thunderclap (mhh197), Perun’s Doom (mhh185), Protection from Energy (ph270)
- 4th Level – Air Sphere – R (bls13), Conjure Minor Elementals (ph226), Elemental Bane (xge155), Erode (mgp1008), Siphon Elemental Lifeforce (mph1008), Storm Sphere (xge166)
- 5th Level – Conjure Elemental (ph225), Control Winds – R (xge152), Inner Storm (bls76), Magic Circle against Energy – R (ea08), Wind Bindings (ea08)
- 6th Level – Elemental Fabrication – R (ea08), Elemental Scimitar (bls51), Investiture of Element (xge159), Lightning Storm (bls81), Lightning Wheel (bls82), Primordial Ward (xge163), Suffocate (ea08)
- 7th Level – Ebon Lightning (bls50), Electrical Storm (bls50), Vacuum Slash (mgp1008), Whirlwind (xge171)
- 8th Level – Control Weather (ph228), Elemental Infusion (bls51)
- 9th Level – Circle of Devastation (mhh157), Gate (ph244)
Design changes for Spells
Original Spell Lists: Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard
- 2021-08-26 – Update to layout and menu.
D&D 5E Rules Reference
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.