Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Spells – Level 2 – Rolling Thunder
- 2nd Level Evocation Spell
- Secret Crafts: Airologist
- Casting time: 1 action
- Range: Self (30 ft line)
- Components: V, S, M (a slither of metal from a gong)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- A tremendous bell note explodes from your outstretched hand and rolls forward in a line 30 feet long and 5 feet wide. Each creature in the line must make a successful Constitution saving throw or be deafened for 1 minute. A creature made of material such as stone, crystal, or metal has disadvantage on its saving throw against this spell.
- While a creature is deafened in this way, it is wreathed in thundering energy; it takes 2d8 thunder damage at the start of its turn, and its speed is halved. A deafened creature repeats the saving throw at the end of its turn, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increase by 1d8 for each slot level above 2nd..
Available Spell Lists
- Cantrip – Booming Blade (scag142), Breeze (mgp1008), Fist of Air (br207), Gust (xge157), Headwind (bls68), Lightning Lure (scag143), Shocking Grasp (ph275), Thunder Bolt (mhh197), Thunderclap (xge168), Wind Lash (mhh202)
- 1st Level – Absorb Elements (xge150), Affect Normal Fog (bls11), Circle of Wind – R (mhh157), Protection from Good and Evil – R (ph270), Wind Tunnel (mhh203), With the Wind – R (bls129)
- 2nd Level – Air Forge – R (bls12), Charged Missile (bls29), Dust Devil (xge154), Elemental Horns (mhh165), Gust of Wind (ph248), Pass through Element (mgp1008), Reverberate (mhh188), Rolling Thunder (mhh189), Skywrite – R (xge165), Warding Wind (xge170), Wind Armour (mgp1008)
- 3rd Level – Air Breathing – R (bls12), Air Bridge – R (bls12), Awaken Element – R (mgp1008), Call Lightning (ph220), Charged Touch (bls29), Dispel Magic – R (ph234), Electromagnetic Storm (bls50), Elemental Shape (mgp1008), Fly (ph243), Greater Thunderclap (mhh197), Perun’s Doom (mhh185), Protection from Energy (ph270)
- 4th Level – Air Sphere – R (bls13), Conjure Minor Elementals (ph226), Elemental Bane (xge155), Erode (mgp1008), Siphon Elemental Lifeforce (mph1008), Storm Sphere (xge166)
- 5th Level – Conjure Elemental (ph225), Control Winds – R (xge152), Inner Storm (bls76), Magic Circle against Energy – R (ea08), Wind Bindings (ea08)
- 6th Level – Elemental Fabrication – R (ea08), Elemental Scimitar (bls51), Investiture of Element (xge159), Lightning Storm (bls81), Lightning Wheel (bls82), Primordial Ward (xge163), Suffocate (ea08)
- 7th Level – Ebon Lightning (bls50), Electrical Storm (bls50), Vacuum Slash (mgp1008), Whirlwind (xge171)
- 8th Level – Control Weather (ph228), Elemental Infusion (bls51)
- 9th Level – Circle of Devastation (mhh157), Gate (ph244)
Design changes for Spell
- Original Spell Lists: Elemental, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
- 2021-08-16 – Updates to layout, tags and menu.
D&D 5E Rules Reference
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.