Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Spells – Level 7 – Vacuum Slash
- 7th Level Evocation
- Secret Crafts: Airologist, Voidologist
- Casting time: 1 action
- Range: 60 ft to 120 ft
- Components: V, S
- Duration: Concentration, up to 3 rounds.
- At casting you can choose a line of 5ft wide out to 120 ft or 10 ft wide out to 60 ft. All creatures in the area of effect suffer 10d6 cold damage as the air is sucked out of this plane in the centre of the area. Constitution saving throw for half.
- Creatures within 40 ft of the origin point need to make a Strength saving throw or be sucked into the area. Creatures in the area need to make a Strength saving throw at disadvantage or be unable to leave the area.
- Creatures that end their turn in the area of effect need to make a fortitude save to take half damage. Constructs are unaffected by this spell.
Available Spell Lists
- Cantrip – Booming Blade (scag142), Breeze (mgp1008), Fist of Air (br207), Gust (xge157), Headwind (bls68), Lightning Lure (scag143), Shocking Grasp (ph275), Spectral Weapon (GM), Thunder Bolt (mhh197), Thunderclap (xge168), Wind Lash (mhh202)
- 1st Level – Absorb Elements (xge150), Affect Normal Fog (bls11), Circle of Wind – R (mhh157), Protection from Good and Evil – R (ph270), Wind Tunnel (mhh203), With the Wind – R (bls129)
- 2nd Level – Air Forge – R (bls12), Charged Missile (bls29), Dust Devil (xge154), Elemental Horns (mhh165), Gust of Wind (ph248), Pass through Element (mgp1008), Reverberate (mhh188), Rolling Thunder (mhh189), Skywrite – R (xge165), Warding Wind (xge170), Wind Armour (mgp1008)
- 3rd Level – Air Breathing – R (bls12), Air Bridge – R (bls12), Awaken Element – R (mgp1008), Call Lightning (ph220), Charged Touch (bls29), Dispel Magic – R (ph234), Electromagnetic Storm (bls50), Elemental Shape (mgp1008), Fly (ph243), Greater Thunderclap (mhh197), Perun’s Doom (mhh185), Protection from Energy (ph270)
- 4th Level – Air Sphere – R (bls13), Conjure Minor Elementals (ph226), Elemental Bane (xge155), Erode (mgp1008), Siphon Elemental Lifeforce (mph1008), Storm Sphere (xge166)
- 5th Level – Conjure Elemental (ph225), Control Winds – R (xge152), Inner Storm (bls76), Magic Circle against Energy – R (ea08), Wind Bindings (ea08)
- 6th Level – Elemental Fabrication – R (ea08), Elemental Scimitar (bls51), Investiture of Element (xge159), Lightning Storm (bls81), Lightning Wheel (bls82), Primordial Ward (xge163), Suffocate (ea08)
- 7th Level – Ebon Lightning (bls50), Electrical Storm (bls50), Vacuum Slash (mgp1008), Whirlwind (xge171)
- 8th Level – Control Weather (ph228), Elemental Infusion (bls51)
- 9th Level – Circle of Devastation (mhh157), Gate (ph244)
- Spell List – Secret Craft – Voidologist
Design changes for Spells
Original Spell Lists: Sorcerer, Wizard
One thing to note, is that all spells that I am adding into this blog have the Spell list removed from them, besides anything I might be doing to tweak them for my home campaign. There is a source there if you want to look up the original version of the spell for your own campaigns, but mine does not need that information.
What has been added is the Secret Crafts, which replace the spell lists, as all spells not from the players handbook will only be available as part of the secret crafts of the world.
3rd Edition Version
- Vacuum Slash
- Necromancy [Air]
- Level: Sor/Wiz 7
- Components: V, S
- Casting Time: 1 action
- Range: Medium (100 ft + 10 ft/level) or 50 ft + 5 ft/level
- Area: 5 ft wide to medium range or 10 ft wide to half the distance.
- Duration: Concentration (maximum 3 rounds) (D)
- Saving Throw: Special
- Spell Resistance: See text
You fan out your hands and create a line of hard vacuum extending away from you. All creatures inside the area suffer 10d6 points of damage, but they can halve this with a successful Fortitude save.
Creatures standing up to 10 ft away from the affected area must roll a Strength check (DC 17+ Int or Cha mod) or be sucked inside the vacuum. Any unattended object is sucked in automatically. Those inside the vacuum can try to escape with a Strength check (DC 20 + Int or Cha mod) and must also roll to escape the 10 ft area outside the vacuum. You can concentrate to maintain the vacuum up to 3 rounds, and those caught inside or sucked in must roll a Fortitude save every round to halve the subsequent 10d6 points of damage. Spell Resistance can negate the damage but does not protect against the sucking effect. Constructs are also unaffected by the vacuum damage, but undead suffer the effects normally.
- 2021-08-26 – Update to layout and menu.
D&D 5E Rules Reference
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.