Star Wars – EDF-MSV
Equipment Data File – Modification for Starships or Vehicles
Weapon Upgrade Auto-Blaster
SW Starship Companies – Arakyd, ArMek, Chedak, Corellian Engineering Corporation, Curich Engineering, Cygnus Spaceworks, Fabritech, Gallofree Yards, Incom, Koensayr, Kuat Drive Yards, Kuat System Engineering, Miradyne, OutlawTech, Phoah-Kingsmeyer, Republic Sienar Systems, Rendili StarDrive, Santhe/Sienar Technologies, Sienar Fleet Systems, Slayn & Korpil, SoroSuub, Subpro, Taim & Bak, TransGalMeg
Generic items available to all Starship companies – Emergency Repair Patch and Enhanced Carbon-Durasteel Armour, Retrofitted Hanger Bay, Smuggling Compartments, Tool Kit, Weapon Upgrade (Auto-Blaster, Blaster Cannon (Light, Heavy), Concussion Missile Launcher, Ion Cannon (Light, Medium, Heavy, Battleship), Laser Cannon (Light, Medium, Heavy, Quad), Proton Torpedo Launcher, Tractor Beam (Light, Medium, Heavy), Turbolaser (Light, Medium, Heavy))
- Generic Only
From Age of Rebellion
This upgrade reflects the simple act of mounting more or heavier weapons on a starship or vehicle. When replacing an existing weapon on the ship, the new weapon has the same firing arc as the original. When adding a weapon to a new location on the ship, the GM must decide what firing arc makes the most sense
From Edge of the Empire
This is the simple act of mounting more or heavier weapons on a starship or vehicle. The combinations of weapon load-outs are nearly endless thanks to the diversity of weapon systems in the galaxy. May be installed on any ship or vehicle.
Blaster Cannons – Known colloquially as “flash cannons,” blaster cannons are heavy, crew-served versions of the common personal blaster. Although they are less powerful than laser cannons, blaster cannons are highly effective against infantry and light vehicles and are typically found mounted to atmospheric vehicles and smaller spaceships. Blaster cannons come in several versions of varying power.
Auto blasters are rapid-fire variants of common blaster cannons. Advanced XCiter technology and specialized actuating modules means these weapons achieve high cyclical rates of fire, spraying hails of shots with a single pull of a trigger or push of a button.
Fantasy Flight Rules – Weapon Upgrade Auto-Blaster
- Source: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ar-cr-288), Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ee-cr-271)
- Weapon Cannon Auto-Blaster – Price: 3,000 cr + 1,500 cr per additional weapon, Rarity: 3, Hard Points Required: 0 if replacing existing weapon, otherwise 1. Adding an additional weapon costs 1 per weapon.
- Silhouette Size that can mount it: 2-10
- Base Modifiers: Damage 3, Critical 5, Range Close, Auto-Fire
- Modification Options: None
- Auto-Fire (Active) A weapon with Auto-fire can be set to shoot in rapid succession and potentially spray an area with bolts, flechettes, slugs, or other types of projectiles. The advantage in using Auto-fire is that it has the chance to hit multiple targets or hit a single target multiple times.
- Attacking with a weapon on Auto-fire is generally less accurate and the attacker must increase the difficulty of the attack check by (one difficulty dice) The user may choose to not use the Auto-fire quality on a weapon; in this case, he cannot trigger the quality but also does not suffer the aforementioned penalty.
- If the attack hits, the attacker can trigger Auto-fire by spending (two advantages). Auto-fire can be triggered multiple times. Each time the attacker triggers auto-fire, it deals an additional hit to the target. Each of these counts as an additional hit from that weapon, and each hit deals base damage plus the number of uncanceled (successes) on the check.
- These additional hits can be allocated to the target, or to other targets within range of the weapon. If the attacker wishes to hit multiple targets, he must decide to do so before making the check. Furthermore, if he wishes to hit multiple targets, his initial target must always be the target with the highest difficulty and highest defense (if this is two separate targets, the GM chooses which target is his initial target). The initial hit must always be against the initial target, subsequent hits generated can be allocated to any of the other designated targets.
- Auto-fire weapons can also activate one Critical Injury for each hit generated on the attack per the normal cost; the Critical must target the target of the specific hit.
- Linked (Active) Some weapons, like the laser cannons fitted to the Z-95 Headhunter, are designed to fire together at the same target. This increases the possibility of a hit as well as the damage dealt. When firing a linked weapon, on a successful attack, the weapon deals one hit. The wielder may spend (two advantages) to gain an additional hit, and may do so a number of times equal to the weapon’s linked rating. Additional hits from linked weapons may only be applied against the original target. Each hit deals the weapon’s base damage plus total (successes) scored on the check.
- 2022-03-24 – Updated the descriptive text.
- 2022-01-22 – Added in Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook.
Cloud Car: Storm IV (5)
Groundcar: Personnel Carrier (2)
Landspeeders: X-34 (2)
Mobile Refinery: Digger Crawler (7)
Speeder Bike: 74-Z Military (4)
Speeder Truck: A-A5 (2)
Swoop: Flare-S (3)
Starfighters: A/SF-01 B-Wing (6), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (4), BTL-S3 Y-Wing (4), CloakShape (4), RZ-1 A-Wing (6), T-65B X-Wing (5), TIE (BR (R5), D (R8), IN (R5), LN (R4), SA (R5), SH (R5)), Z-95-AF4 Headhunter (4)
Yacht: Luxury 3000 (6)
Modifications: Advanced Targeting Array (4), Electronic Countermeasures Suite (6), Enhances Carbon-Durasteel Armour (3), High-Output Ion Turbine (5), Hydraulic Control Circuits (7), Hyperdrive Generator (4), Hyperdrive Sled, Reinforced Shield Generator (5), Retrofitted Hanger Bay (2), Smuggling Compartments (R1), Stabilizer Conversion Kit (4), Upgraded Comms Array (6), Upgraded Weapons (Auto-Blaster (3), Blaster Cannon (Light (2), Heavy (3)), Concussion Missile Launcher (R5), Ion Cannon (Light (5), Medium (6), Heavy (7), Battleship (8)), Laser Cannon (Light (4), Medium (4), Heavy (5), Quad (5)), Proton Torpedo Launcher (R7), Tractor Beam (Light (4), Medium (5), Heavy (6)), Turbolaser (Light (R7), Medium (R7), Heavy (R8)))
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
Character Builds: Bounty Hunter (Karlid – Assassin, Vanna – Gadgeteer, Kyanna – Martial Artist, Jed – Operator, Theya – Skip Tracer, Cadkia – Survivalist), Smuggler (Ebaya – Gambler), Technician (B1-337 – Droid Tech)
References: for Characters, for GMs, Dice, Items (Lightsabers, Modifying, Purchasing, Qualities), Knight Level Play, Mechanics (Awareness, Duty, Morality, Obligation), Movement (Personal, Planetary, Vehicles), Roles (Bounty Hunting, Investigations), Secrets (Empire, Jedi, Mandalorians, Rebels, Sith)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.