Star Wars – EDF-MSV
Equipment Data File – Modification for Starships or Vehicles
Weapon Upgrade Ion Cannon Battleship
SW Starship Companies – Arakyd, ArMek, Chedak, Corellian Engineering Corporation, Curich Engineering, Cygnus Spaceworks, Fabritech, Gallofree Yards, Incom, Koensayr, Kuat Drive Yards, Kuat System Engineering, Miradyne, OutlawTech, Phoah-Kingsmeyer, Republic Sienar Systems, Rendili StarDrive, Santhe/Sienar Technologies, Sienar Fleet Systems, Slayn & Korpil, SoroSuub, Subpro, Taim & Bak, TransGalMeg
Generic items available to all Starship companies – Emergency Repair Patch and Enhanced Carbon-Durasteel Armour, Retrofitted Hanger Bay, Smuggling Compartments, Tool Kit, Weapon Upgrade (Auto-Blaster, Blaster Cannon (Light, Heavy), Concussion Missile Launcher, Ion Cannon (Light, Medium, Heavy, Battleship), Laser Cannon (Light, Medium, Heavy, Quad), Proton Torpedo Launcher, Tractor Beam (Light, Medium, Heavy), Turbolaser (Light, Medium, Heavy))
- Generic Only
From Age of Rebellion
This upgrade reflects the simple act of mounting more or heavier weapons on a starship or vehicle. When replacing an existing weapon on the ship, the new weapon has the same firing arc as the original. When adding a weapon to a new location on the ship, the GM must decide what firing arc makes the most sense
From Edge of the Empire
This is the simple act of mounting more or heavier weapons on a starship or vehicle. The combinations of weapon load-outs are nearly endless thanks to the diversity of weapon systems in the galaxy. May be installed on any ship or vehicle.
Ion weapons are anti-ship and anti-vehicle weapons designed to disable rather than destroy their targets. They use ion turbine generators to create masses of negatively charged particles which are fused with plasma and released as blasts or pulses. The negatively charged particles interfere with a target’s electrical systems, shorting circuits, corrupting computers, and forcing system shutdowns in an effort to subdue a target or make it easier to destroy via more traditional means. Although designed to do little-to-no physical damage to targets, collateral damage such as fried circuits, fused joints, and even fires may occur due to the intense energy surges.
Fantasy Flight Rules – Weapon Upgrade Ion Cannon Battleship
- Source: Age of Rebellion Core Rules (sw-ffg-ar-cr-288)
- Weapon Upgrade Ion Cannon Battleship – Price: 10,000 cr + 5,000 cr per additional weapon, Rarity: 8, Hard Points Required: 0 if replacing existing weapon, otherwise 1. Adding an additional weapon costs 1 per weapon.
- Silhouette Size that can mount it: 8-10
- Base Modifiers: Damage 9, Critical 4, Range Medium, Breach 3, Ion, Slow-Firing 2
- Modification Options: None
- Breach (Passive) Weapons with Breach burn through the toughest armor, and are often heavy weapons or starship weapons.
- Breach weapons ignore one point of Armor for every rating of Breach (meaning they also ignore 10 points of soak for every rating of Breach)
- Ion (Passive) Ion weapons are designed to affect electrical systems as opposed to dealing raw damage. They are fitted to ships to knock out opponents’ shields, sensors, and engines. They are shorter range than laser weapons, and deal larger amounts of damage, but their damage is dealt to the target as system strain (usually on vehicles). It is still reduced by armor and soak. Droids are affected by ion weapons, taking damage to their strain threshold.
- Linked (Active) Some weapons, like the laser cannons fitted to the Z-95 Headhunter, are designed to fire together at the same target. This increases the possibility of a hit as well as the damage dealt. When firing a linked weapon, on a successful attack, the weapon deals one hit. The wielder may spend (two advantages) to gain an additional hit, and may do so a number of times equal to the weapon’s linked rating. Additional hits from linked weapons may only be applied against the original target. Each hit deals the weapon’s base damage plus total (successes) scored on the check.
- Slow-Firing (Passive) Slow-Firing weapons tend to be large, heavy, emplacement-mounted weapons like the turbolasers found on capital ships, or planetary defense ion cannons. While they deal incredible damage, they need time to recharge or cool down between shots. A weapon’s Slow-Firing rating dictates how quickly the weapon can be fired after an attack. For example, a heavy turbolaser with Slow-Firing 2 must wait two Rounds after being fired before it can be fired again.
- 2022-03-24 – Updated the descriptive text.
Airspeeders: Civilian (3), T-16 Skyhopper (2), T-47 Airspeeder (3)
Cloud Car: Storm IV (5)
Groundcar: Personnel Carrier (2)
Landspeeders: X-34 (2)
Mobile Refinery: Digger Crawler (7)
Speeder Bike: 74-Z Military (4)
Speeder Truck: A-A5 (2)
Swoop: Flare-S (3)
Walkers: AT-AT (R5), AT-EST (5), AT-PT (7), AT-ST (R5)
Battlecruiser: Imperial I (R7), Liberty (7), Praetor II (R9), Victory (R6)
Corvette: CR90 (5), Marauder (R5), Vigil (R5)
Cruiser: Consular (5), Dreadnought (6), Interdictor (R8), Vindicator (R8)
Freighters: Citadel (6), Starwind (6), Wayfarer (5), YT-1300 (4), YT-2400 (5)
Frigates: DP20 Gunship (6), Lancer (R7), Nebulon-B (R7)
Patrol Boats: Firespray (4), Imperial LPS (4), JumpMaster (5), Skipray Blastboat (6)
Shuttles: Lambda (R6), Sentinel (R6)
Starfighters: A/SF-01 B-Wing (6), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (4), BTL-S3 Y-Wing (4), CloakShape (4), RZ-1 A-Wing (6), T-65B X-Wing (5), TIE (BR (R5), D (R8), IN (R5), LN (R4), SA (R5), SH (R5)), Z-95-AF4 Headhunter (4)
Transports: Action VI (5), Gozanti (6), GR-75 (4), Space Master (4), Star Galleon (R7), YV-929 (6)
Yacht: Luxury 3000 (6)
Modifications: Advanced Targeting Array (4), Electronic Countermeasures Suite (6), Enhances Carbon-Durasteel Armour (3), High-Output Ion Turbine (5), Hydraulic Control Circuits (7), Hyperdrive Generator (4), Hyperdrive Sled, Reinforced Shield Generator (5), Retrofitted Hanger Bay (2), Smuggling Compartments (R1), Stabilizer Conversion Kit (4), Upgraded Comms Array (6), Upgraded Weapons (Auto-Blaster (3), Blaster Cannon (Light (2), Heavy (3)), Concussion Missile Launcher (R5), Ion Cannon (Light (5), Medium (6), Heavy (7), Battleship (8)), Laser Cannon (Light (4), Medium (4), Heavy (5), Quad (5)), Proton Torpedo Launcher (R7), Tractor Beam (Light (4), Medium (5), Heavy (6)), Turbolaser (Light (R7), Medium (R7), Heavy (R8)))
Star Wars RPG
SW Menu: Adventure, New Rules, Adversary, Companies, Droid, Equipment, Galaxy Map, Location, Vehicle
Campaign: NPCs, Side Stories, Timeline
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
Character Builds: Bounty Hunter (Karlid – Assassin, Vanna – Gadgeteer, Kyanna – Martial Artist, Jed – Operator, Theya – Skip Tracer, Cadkia – Survivalist), Smuggler (Ebaya – Gambler), Technician (B1-337 – Droid Tech)
References: for Characters, for GMs, Dice, Items (Lightsabers, Modifying, Purchasing, Qualities), Knight Level Play, Mechanics (Awareness, Duty, Morality, Obligation), Movement (Personal, Planetary, Vehicles), Roles (Bounty Hunting, Investigations), Secrets (Empire, Jedi, Mandalorians, Rebels, Sith)
Creating a Campaign:
(1) Rules and Setting,
(2) Characters and Timeline,
(3) Fringes Storyline,
(4) Rebels Storyline,
(5) Force Storyline,
(6) Mandalorian Storyline
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.