Star Wars – EDF-MSV
Equipment Data File – Modification for Starships or Vehicles
Weapon Upgrade Tractor Beam Light
SW Starship Companies – Arakyd, ArMek, Chedak, Corellian Engineering Corporation, Curich Engineering, Cygnus Spaceworks, Fabritech, Gallofree Yards, Incom, Koensayr, Kuat Drive Yards, Kuat System Engineering, Miradyne, OutlawTech, Phoah-Kingsmeyer, Republic Sienar Systems, Rendili StarDrive, Santhe/Sienar Technologies, Sienar Fleet Systems, Slayn & Korpil, SoroSuub, Subpro, Taim & Bak, TransGalMeg
Generic items available to all Starship companies – Emergency Repair Patch and Enhanced Carbon-Durasteel Armour, Retrofitted Hanger Bay, Smuggling Compartments, Tool Kit, Weapon Upgrade (Auto-Blaster, Blaster Cannon (Light, Heavy), Concussion Missile Launcher, Ion Cannon (Light, Medium, Heavy, Battleship), Laser Cannon (Light, Medium, Heavy, Quad), Proton Torpedo Launcher, Tractor Beam (Light, Medium, Heavy), Turbolaser (Light, Medium, Heavy))
- Generic Only
From Age of Rebellion
This upgrade reflects the simple act of mounting more or heavier weapons on a starship or vehicle. When replacing an existing weapon on the ship, the new weapon has the same firing arc as the original. When adding a weapon to a new location on the ship, the GM must decide what firing arc makes the most sense
From Edge of the Empire
This is the simple act of mounting more or heavier weapons on a starship or vehicle. The combinations of weapon load-outs are nearly endless thanks to the diversity of weapon systems in the galaxy. May be installed on any ship or vehicle.
Tractor beams are modified shield generators that project a beam of energy that can ensnare starships. Used on orbital shipyards, planetary starports, space stations, and many starships, tractor beams are commonly used to guide vessels safely into slips and docking bays, as well as to handle cargo. When mounted to warships, they can be used offensively to capture enemy vessels and draw them into docking bays for ease of boarding.
Fantasy Flight Rules – Weapon Upgrade Tractor Beam Light
- Source: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ar-cr-288), Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ee-cr-271)
- Weapon Upgrade Tractor Beam Light – Price: 6,000 cr + 3,000 cr per additional weapon, Rarity: 4, Hard Points Required: 0 if replacing existing weapon, otherwise 1. Adding an additional weapon costs 1 per weapon.
- Silhouette Size that can mount it: 4-10
- Base Modifiers: Damage -, Critical -, Range Close, Tractor 2
- Modification Options: None
- Linked (Active) Some weapons, like the laser cannons fitted to the Z-95 Headhunter, are designed to fire together at the same target. This increases the possibility of a hit as well as the damage dealt. When firing a linked weapon, on a successful attack, the weapon deals one hit. The wielder may spend (two advantages) to gain an additional hit, and may do so a number of times equal to the weapon’s linked rating. Additional hits from linked weapons may only be applied against the original target. Each hit deals the weapon’s base damage plus total (successes) scored on the check.
- Tractor (Passive) Instead of firing searing beams of laser fire or crackling ion discharges, this weapon fires relatively harmless electromagnetic beams that ensnare ships and hold them fast in space. Tractor beams, like all weapons, are fired at their target using a the appropriate skill check (generally Gunnery) with all suitable modifiers. Once the weapon hits its target, the target may not move unless its pilot makes a successful Piloting check with a difficulty based on the tractor beam’s rating. The tractor beam’s rating is always noted in parentheses in the weapon’s stats next to the quality.
- 2022-03-24 – Updated the descriptive text.
- 2022-01-22 – Added in Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook.
Cloud Car: Storm IV (5)
Groundcar: Personnel Carrier (2)
Landspeeders: X-34 (2)
Mobile Refinery: Digger Crawler (7)
Speeder Bike: 74-Z Military (4)
Speeder Truck: A-A5 (2)
Swoop: Flare-S (3)
Starfighters: A/SF-01 B-Wing (6), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (4), BTL-S3 Y-Wing (4), CloakShape (4), RZ-1 A-Wing (6), T-65B X-Wing (5), TIE (BR (R5), D (R8), IN (R5), LN (R4), SA (R5), SH (R5)), Z-95-AF4 Headhunter (4)
Yacht: Luxury 3000 (6)
Modifications: Advanced Targeting Array (4), Electronic Countermeasures Suite (6), Enhances Carbon-Durasteel Armour (3), High-Output Ion Turbine (5), Hydraulic Control Circuits (7), Hyperdrive Generator (4), Hyperdrive Sled, Reinforced Shield Generator (5), Retrofitted Hanger Bay (2), Smuggling Compartments (R1), Stabilizer Conversion Kit (4), Upgraded Comms Array (6), Upgraded Weapons (Auto-Blaster (3), Blaster Cannon (Light (2), Heavy (3)), Concussion Missile Launcher (R5), Ion Cannon (Light (5), Medium (6), Heavy (7), Battleship (8)), Laser Cannon (Light (4), Medium (4), Heavy (5), Quad (5)), Proton Torpedo Launcher (R7), Tractor Beam (Light (4), Medium (5), Heavy (6)), Turbolaser (Light (R7), Medium (R7), Heavy (R8)))
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
Character Builds: Bounty Hunter (Karlid – Assassin, Vanna – Gadgeteer, Kyanna – Martial Artist, Jed – Operator, Theya – Skip Tracer, Cadkia – Survivalist), Smuggler (Ebaya – Gambler), Technician (B1-337 – Droid Tech)
References: for Characters, for GMs, Dice, Items (Lightsabers, Modifying, Purchasing, Qualities), Knight Level Play, Mechanics (Awareness, Duty, Morality, Obligation), Movement (Personal, Planetary, Vehicles), Roles (Bounty Hunting, Investigations), Secrets (Empire, Jedi, Mandalorians, Rebels, Sith)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.