Star Wars – EDF-MSV
Equipment Data File – Modification for Starships or Vehicles
Weapon Upgrade Turbolaser Heavy
An (R) next to the price means the item is restricted and cannot be bought on the open market, in which case the price listed is the closest average black market price.
SW Starship Companies – Arakyd, ArMek, Chedak, Corellian Engineering Corporation, Curich Engineering, Cygnus Spaceworks, Fabritech, Gallofree Yards, Incom, Koensayr, Kuat Drive Yards, Kuat System Engineering, Miradyne, OutlawTech, Phoah-Kingsmeyer, Republic Sienar Systems, Rendili StarDrive, Santhe/Sienar Technologies, Sienar Fleet Systems, Slayn & Korpil, SoroSuub, Subpro, Taim & Bak, TransGalMeg
Generic items available to all Starship companies – Emergency Repair Patch and Enhanced Carbon-Durasteel Armour, Retrofitted Hanger Bay, Smuggling Compartments, Tool Kit, Weapon Upgrade (Auto-Blaster, Blaster Cannon (Light, Heavy), Concussion Missile Launcher, Ion Cannon (Light, Medium, Heavy, Battleship), Laser Cannon (Light, Medium, Heavy, Quad), Proton Torpedo Launcher, Tractor Beam (Light, Medium, Heavy), Turbolaser (Light, Medium, Heavy))
- Generic Only
From Age of Rebellion
This upgrade reflects the simple act of mounting more or heavier weapons on a starship or vehicle. When replacing an existing weapon on the ship, the new weapon has the same firing arc as the original. When adding a weapon to a new location on the ship, the GM must decide what firing arc makes the most sense
From Edge of the Empire
This is the simple act of mounting more or heavier weapons on a starship or vehicle. The combinations of weapon load-outs are nearly endless thanks to the diversity of weapon systems in the galaxy. May be installed on any ship or vehicle.
Laser Weapons – These weapons use focused light beams combined with charged particles to produce long range, accurate, and incredibly damaging blasts of energy. The number one choice for anti-vehicle and anti-personnel work, laser weapons make a fine complement to the lower yield blaster.
Turbolaser – Massive, heavy-caliber weapons with incredible energy requirements, turbolasers are the largest weapons mounted to starships. Turbolasers can punch clean through an opponent’s shields, armor, and hull with a single blast; the lightest easily hulling small ships and the heaviest battering down the defenses of the largest cruiser. The trade-offs are their heavy power requirements, their slow recharge time, and their difficulty in tracking and hitting small, fast targets like starfighters.
Fantasy Flight Rules – Weapon Upgrade Turbolaser Heavy
- Source: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ar-cr-288), Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ee-cr-271)
- Weapon Upgrade Turbolaser Heavy – Price: R 20,000 cr + 10,000 cr per additional weapon, Rarity: 8, Hard Points Required: 0 if replacing existing weapon, otherwise 1. Adding an additional weapon costs 1 per weapon.
- Silhouette Size that can mount it: 6-10
- Base Modifiers: Damage 11, Critical 3, Range Long, Breach 4, Slow-Firing 2
- Modification Options: None
- Breach (Passive) Weapons with Breach burn through the toughest armor, and are often heavy weapons or starship weapons.
- Breach weapons ignore one point of Armor for every rating of Breach (meaning they also ignore 10 points of soak for every rating of Breach).
- Linked (Active) Some weapons, like the laser cannons fitted to the Z-95 Headhunter, are designed to fire together at the same target. This increases the possibility of a hit as well as the damage dealt. When firing a linked weapon, on a successful attack, the weapon deals one hit. The wielder may spend (two advantages) to gain an additional hit, and may do so a number of times equal to the weapon’s linked rating. Additional hits from linked weapons may only be applied against the original target. Each hit deals the weapon’s base damage plus total (successes) scored on the check.
- Slow-Firing (Passive) Slow-Firing weapons tend to be large, heavy, emplacement-mounted weapons like the turbolasers found on capital ships, or planetary defense ion cannons. While they deal incredible damage, they need time to recharge or cool down between shots. A weapon’s Slow-Firing rating dictates how quickly the weapon can be fired after an attack. For example, a heavy turbolaser with Slow-Firing 2 must wait two Rounds after being fired before it can be fired again.
- 2022-03-24 – Updated the descriptive text.
- 2022-01-22 – Added in Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook.
Cloud Car: Storm IV (5)
Groundcar: Personnel Carrier (2)
Landspeeders: X-34 (2)
Mobile Refinery: Digger Crawler (7)
Speeder Bike: 74-Z Military (4)
Speeder Truck: A-A5 (2)
Swoop: Flare-S (3)
Starfighters: A/SF-01 B-Wing (6), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (4), BTL-S3 Y-Wing (4), CloakShape (4), RZ-1 A-Wing (6), T-65B X-Wing (5), TIE (BR (R5), D (R8), IN (R5), LN (R4), SA (R5), SH (R5)), Z-95-AF4 Headhunter (4)
Yacht: Luxury 3000 (6)
Modifications: Advanced Targeting Array (4), Electronic Countermeasures Suite (6), Enhances Carbon-Durasteel Armour (3), High-Output Ion Turbine (5), Hydraulic Control Circuits (7), Hyperdrive Generator (4), Hyperdrive Sled, Reinforced Shield Generator (5), Retrofitted Hanger Bay (2), Smuggling Compartments (R1), Stabilizer Conversion Kit (4), Upgraded Comms Array (6), Upgraded Weapons (Auto-Blaster (3), Blaster Cannon (Light (2), Heavy (3)), Concussion Missile Launcher (R5), Ion Cannon (Light (5), Medium (6), Heavy (7), Battleship (8)), Laser Cannon (Light (4), Medium (4), Heavy (5), Quad (5)), Proton Torpedo Launcher (R7), Tractor Beam (Light (4), Medium (5), Heavy (6)), Turbolaser (Light (R7), Medium (R7), Heavy (R8)))
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
Character Builds: Bounty Hunter (Karlid – Assassin, Vanna – Gadgeteer, Kyanna – Martial Artist, Jed – Operator, Theya – Skip Tracer, Cadkia – Survivalist), Smuggler (Ebaya – Gambler), Technician (B1-337 – Droid Tech)
References: for Characters, for GMs, Dice, Items (Lightsabers, Modifying, Purchasing, Qualities), Knight Level Play, Mechanics (Awareness, Duty, Morality, Obligation), Movement (Personal, Planetary, Vehicles), Roles (Bounty Hunting, Investigations), Secrets (Empire, Jedi, Mandalorians, Rebels, Sith)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.