Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Magical Item – Bracers of Defence
Base Item – Bracers of Defence
Rare Item Value
Price: 2d10 x1,000 gp (2,000 to 20,000) – 50% for consumable items
Base Price: 12,000 gp or 6,000 gp for expendable
Expendable Items can be attuned on use, at the cost of a random attuned item and slot.
Cursed Items auto attune on use and replace a random attuned item and slot.
- Magical Item – Rare – Bracers of Defence – 12,000 gp
- Standard: While wearing these bracers, you use the dodge action as a bonus action once per long rest.
- Attunement: While wearing these bracers, you gain a +2 bonus to AC if you are wearing no armour and using no shield.
- Relic: If attuned by a giant, you can increase the protection to +3.
Example Campaign Items – Bracers of Defence
Oltec Jade Bracers (T025)
- Magical Item – Rare – Oltec Jade Bracers – 12,000 gp
- Standard: A set of jade bead bracelets showing Oltec symbols for defence and service. While wearing these bracers, you use the dodge action as a bonus action once per long rest.
- Attunement: While wearing these bracers, you gain a +2 bonus to AC if you are wearing no armour and using no shield. If you are entering into initiative, the bracelet whispers a warning granting you a +2 bonus to the roll, and when not in use for Oltec rituals or customs (out of combat) it will mutter and mumble in Oltec.
- Relic: If attuned by a giant, you can increase the protection to +3.
- Details built from: Created by Humans, Ornamental History, Minor Property of Guardian, Quirk of Muttering.
- ????-??-?? Tloques-Popolocas (Human Fighter) Warleader of the Oltecs, turned into a Vampire Spawn and entombed under the Palace of Atruaghin.
- 1000-08-24 – Praeodir (Human Ranger) Removed from the body of Tloques-Popolocas before he awoke and was destroyed.
- 1000-08-24 – Tidal Rich (Genasi Monk) Given to him by Praeodir.
- 1004-02-20 – Bay of Whales Clutch (Dragons) Gift to Tidal’s child.
Wyrmsteeth Bracers (F034)
- Magical Item – Rare – Wyrmsteeth Bracers – 12,170 gp
- Standard: Designed to work with dragon forelegs and shows the hatchery symbol on it, each has half of a round crystal embedded in the design. While wearing these bracers, you use the dodge action as a bonus action once per long rest. You can use the bracers as a spellcasting focus for your wizard spells.
- You can use an action to determine which way is north. This property functions only on the material plane.
- You can spend a bonus action to make your scales glisten as if in the sun.
- Attunement: While wearing these bracers, you gain a +2 bonus to AC if you are wearing no armour and using no shield. Glows warm if another dragon is within 120 ft other than the attuned owner.
- You can link the bracers to a location you touch it to, and instead of knowing which way is north, it will know which way this location is. This effect can only be used once per long rest. It grows warm when another dragon (other than the holder) is within 120 ft.
- This item also points to the Wrymsteeth Mountains hatchery as well as north if used by a dragon.
- Can change the colour, shape and style of the bracers as a bonus action. And when making scales glitter, wings ripple as if in a breeze.
- You have Advantage on making a first impression once per day, refreshes at sunrise. While you are attuned to it, it can’t be picked up, stolen or moved by another.
- You can try to cast a cantrip that you don’t know. The cantrip must be on the Wizard spell list, and you must make a DC 10 Intelligence (Arcana) check. If the check succeeds, you cast the spell. If the check fails, so does the spell, and the action is wasted. In either case, you can’t use this property again until you finish a long rest. While attuned you can speak and understand the Dwarven language.
- Relic: If attuned by a giant, you can increase the protection to +3. When a gnome is attuned to this item you roughly know the distance to the location. A halfling attuned to this item has advantage on charm checks against targets larger than you while attuned once per short rest. As an elf, if your attuned you can use it once per short rest.
- Details built from: Created by dragons. Property of Language, Property of Loyal, Alfheim Wizardry Hat, Eastshire Cloak, Wyrmsteeth Orb
Original Item – Bracers of Defense
Source: Dungeon Masters Guide (dmg156)
BRACERS OF DEFENSE
Wondrous item, rare (requires attunement)
While wearing these bracers, you gain a +2 bonus to AC if you are wearing no armor and using no shield.
- 2021-07-17 – Added in Original Item version.
- 2021-05-12 – Incorporated Wrymsteeth Orb into the Wyrmsteeth Bracers.
- 2021-04-30 – Update and linking into content.
- 2020-11-13 – Added in Wrymsteeth Bracers of Defence.
- 2020-10-26 – Layout update.
Tuesday Items: T001, T002, T003, T004, T005, T006, T007, T008, T009, T010, T011, T012, T013, T014, T015, T016, T017, T018, T019, T020, T021, T022, T023, T024, T025, T026, T027, T028, T029, T030, T031, T032, T033, T034, T035, T036, T037, T038, T039, T040, T041, T042, T043, T044, T045, T046, T047, T048, T049, T050, T051, T052, T054, T055, T056, T057, T058, T059, T060, T061, T062, T063, T064, T065, T066, T067, T068, T069, T070, T071, T072, T073, T074, T075
Wednesday Items: W001, W002, W003, W004, W005, W006, W007, W008, W009, W010, W011, W012, W013, W014, W015, W016, W017, W018, W019, W020, W021, W023, W024, W027, W028, W029, W030, W031, W032, W033, W034, W035, W038, W039, W040, W041, W042, W043, W044, W045, W047, W048, W049, W050, W051, W052, W054, W055, W056, W058, W059, W061, W062, W063, W064, W065
Friday Items: F002, F005, F006, F007, F008, F009, F010, F012, F014, F016, F019, F025, F026, F027, F028, F029, F030, F031, F032, F033, F034, F035, F036, F037, F038, F039, F040, F041, F042, F043, F044, F047, F048, F049, F050, F051, F052, F054, F055
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Artillerist (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.