Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Magical Item – Ring of Water Walking
Base Item – Ring of Water Walking
Uncommon Item Value
Price: (1d6) x100 gp (100 to 600 gp) – 50% for consumable items
Base Price: 400 gp or 200 gp for expendable
Expendable Items can be attuned on use, at the cost of a random attuned item and slot.
Cursed Items auto attune on use and replace a random attuned item and slot.
C – Common, U – Uncommon, R – Rare, VR – Very Rare, L – Legendary, A – Artefact, Cu – Cursed
- Magical Item – Uncommon – Ring of Water Walking – 400 gp
- Standard: While wearing this ring, you can stand on and move across any liquid surface as if it were solid ground as long as you end your movement for the round on a surface you can normally stand on.
- Attunement: Activating this ring a standard action. When on, if you are underwater it raises you to the surface at your normal movement speed until your standing on the surface once again. You can also end your movement on any liquid surface.
- Relic: A Genasi can turn this on or off as a bonus action. A water Genasi who is attuned to this does not use up one of their attunement slots.
Example Campaign Items – Ring of Water Walking
- Alphatian Topaz Ring (T011)
Alphatian Topaz Ring (T011)
- Magical Item – Uncommon – Alphatian Topaz Ring – 400 gp
- Standard: Made from pearl and crafted from seashells and worked coral as hard as any metal. This was designed by a sect of enemies of the fire Genasi who used it as a symbol of their war. While wearing this ring, you can stand on and move across any liquid surface as if it were solid ground.
- Attunement: Looks for Fire Genasi, and will provide 5 ft illumination in blue light when one is within 120 ft. You have advantage on saving throws vs fire Genasi racial or relic abilities. A Genasi can turn this on or off as a bonus action, for everyone else it is a standard action. When on, if you are underwater it raises you to the surface at your normal movement speed until your standing on the surface once again.
- Relic: A water Genasi who is attuned to this gets another daily use of their racial ability.
- Details built from: Created by Elemental Water. Bane History. Minor Power of Sentinel. Quirk of Hungry.
- 1000-06-14 – Eye Candy (Human Barbarian) Found in excavation, Darokin Hoard of the Dragon Queen.
- 1000-08-18 – Eye Candy (Human Barbarian) abandons his compatriots and leaves Tuesday Night Group.
- 1005-11-14 – Eye Candy reaches Bradshaw and renames himself to Chum and joins Wednesday Night Group.
- ?? Drazzle (Dragonborn Cleric) Obtained at death of Chum.
Design Details – Ring of Water Walking
I have moved the extra daily use of a power to make it a free attunement for a Water Genasi to give rings a different aspect to the character options. I also reduced the capability of the ring so you can’t walk across a lake or ocean due to player abuse of items like this in previous campaigns.
Original Item – Ring of Water Walking
Source: Dungeons Master’s Guide (dmg193)
RING OF WATER WALKING
While wearing this ring, you can stand on and move across any liquid surface as if it were solid ground.
- 2021-07-17 – Added in Original Item version.
- 2021-04-29 – Updated and linked back into content.
- 2020-10-30 – Update of the Water Genasi relic ability.
- 2020-03-13 – Structure and content.
Tuesday Items: T001, T002, T003, T004, T005, T006, T007, T008, T009, T010, T011, T012, T013, T014, T015, T016, T017, T018, T019, T020, T021, T022, T023, T024, T025, T026, T027, T028, T029, T030, T031, T032, T033, T034, T035, T036, T037, T038, T039, T040, T041, T042, T043, T044, T045, T046, T047, T048, T049, T050, T051, T052, T054, T055, T056, T057, T058, T059, T060, T061, T062, T063, T064, T065, T066, T067, T068, T069, T070, T071, T072, T073, T074, T075
Wednesday Items: W001, W002, W003, W004, W005, W006, W007, W008, W009, W010, W011, W012, W013, W014, W015, W016, W017, W018, W019, W020, W021, W023, W024, W027, W028, W029, W030, W031, W032, W033, W034, W035, W038, W039, W040, W041, W042, W043, W044, W045, W047, W048, W049, W050, W051, W052, W054, W055, W056, W058, W059, W061, W062, W063, W064, W065
Friday Items: F002, F005, F006, F007, F008, F009, F010, F012, F014, F016, F019, F025, F026, F027, F028, F029, F030, F031, F032, F033, F034, F035, F036, F037, F038, F039, F040, F041, F042, F043, F044, F047, F048, F049, F050, F051, F052, F054, F055
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.