Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Magical Item – Orb of Direction
Base Item – Orb of Direction
Common Item Value
Price: (1d6+1) x10 gp (20 to 70 gp) – 50% for consumable items
Base Price: 50 gp or 25 gp for expendable
Expendable Items can be attuned on use, at the cost of a random attuned item and slot.
Cursed Items auto attune on use and replace a random attuned item and slot.
Magical Items – C – Common, U – Uncommon, R – Rare, VR – Very Rare, L – Legendary, A – Artefact, Cu – Cursed
- Magical Item – Common – Orb of Direction – 50 gp
- Standard: While holding this orb, you can use an action to determine which way is north. This property functions only on the material plane.
- Attunement: You can link the orb to a location you touch it to, and instead of knowing which way is north, it will know which way this location is. This effect can only be used once per long rest.
- Relic: When a gnome is attuned to this item you roughly know the distance to the last linked location.
Example Campaign Items – Orb of Direction
- Wyrmsteeth Orb (F033)
Wyrmsteeth Orb (F033)
- Magical Item – Common – Wyrmsteeth Orb – 60 gp
- Standard: While holding this orb, you can use an action to determine which way is north, and you begin to obsess about material wealth. This property functions only on the material plane.
- Attunement: You can link the orb to a location you touch it to, and instead of knowing which way is north, it will know which way this location is. This effect can only be used once per long rest. It grows warm when another dragon (other than the holder) is within 120 ft.
- This item also points to the Wrymsteeth Mountains hatchery as well as north if used by a dragon.
- Relic: When a gnome is attuned to this item you roughly know the distance to the location.
- Details Built from: Created by Dragon, Quirk of Covertous.
- 1000-08-11 Calcyrx (Dragon White) Late Birthday Gift, Wyrmsteeth Mountains. This gift was from the dragon council.
- ?? Calcyx (Dragon White) Incorporated into the Wyrmsteeth Bracers.
Original Item – Orb of Direction
Source: Xanathar’s Guide to Everything (xge139)
ORB OF DIRECTION
Wondrous item, common
While holding this orb, you can use an action to determine which way is north. This property functions only on the Material Plane.
- 2021-07-17 – Added in Original Item version.
- 2021-05-12 – Added more info into the Wrymsteeth Orb.
- 2021-05-01 – Updated and filled in missing information.
- 2020-11-13 – Added in Wrymsteeth Orb of Direction.
- 2020-10-26 – Layout.
Tuesday Items: T001, T002, T003, T004, T005, T006, T007, T008, T009, T010, T011, T012, T013, T014, T015, T016, T017, T018, T019, T020, T021, T022, T023, T024, T025, T026, T027, T028, T029, T030, T031, T032, T033, T034, T035, T036, T037, T038, T039, T040, T041, T042, T043, T044, T045, T046, T047, T048, T049, T050, T051, T052, T054, T055, T056, T057, T058, T059, T060, T061, T062, T063, T064, T065, T066, T067, T068, T069, T070, T071, T072, T073, T074, T075
Wednesday Items: W001, W002, W003, W004, W005, W006, W007, W008, W009, W010, W011, W012, W013, W014, W015, W016, W017, W018, W019, W020, W021, W023, W024, W027, W028, W029, W030, W031, W032, W033, W034, W035, W038, W039, W040, W041, W042, W043, W044, W045, W047, W048, W049, W050, W051, W052, W054, W055, W056, W058, W059, W061, W062, W063, W064, W065
Friday Items: F002, F005, F006, F007, F008, F009, F010, F012, F014, F016, F019, F025, F026, F027, F028, F029, F030, F031, F032, F033, F034, F035, F036, F037, F038, F039, F040, F041, F042, F043, F044, F047, F048, F049, F050, F051, F052, F054, F055
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.