Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Organisations – Followers of the Black Earth
- Source Material: Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica (ggr), Princes of the Apocalypse (pota59)
- Who are the Followers of the Black Earth
- Background – Faction Agent
- Followers of the Black Earth in Mystara
- Followers of the Black Earth in Ravnica
- Content Updates
Also known as the Golgari Swarm.
This is a post relating to the creation of various organisations associated with the elements, genasi, pantheons and nations of the setting.
Who are The Followers of the Black Earth
The Followers of the Black Earth are an organisation based on the Worship of the combination of Darkness and Earth the Immortals of the Sphere of Entropy and Matter.
- Cultists of the Black Earth
- Cultists of the Golgari Swarm
- Cultists of the Sacred Stone – Monks of the Order of the Sacred Stone
- Entropy Immortals – Ouranos (tba)
Background – Faction Agent
The Followers of the Black Earth are dedicated to the beliefs of the Sphere of Entropy and Matter and the superiority of the combination of Darkness and Earth over other elements.
An elf lich named Jarad guides the Golgari Swarm’s masses as they lurk in the undercity in the city of Sundsvall the capital of the Alphatian Empire, where they process the city’s waste and see to the new life that emerges from death and decay.
Followers of the Black Earth in Mystara
They are spread wherever there are groups of darkness and earth aspected races coexist.
- Also used the Duel Element Aspected class feature.
Associated Timeline Adventures
- Druidic Circles
- Circle of Spores (ggr)
- Circle of the Land (forest, swamp, shadowlands) (ph)
- Fighter Archetypes
- Champion (ph)
- Ranger Archetypes
- Beast Master (insect or reptile) (ph)
- Gloom Stalker (xge)
- Rogue Archetypes
- Assassin (ph)
- Thief (ph)
- Warlock Pacts
- The Great Old One (ph)
- Wizard Arcane Traditions
- School of Necromancy (ph)
These organizations are requirements for entry into this organisation. You must belong to one of these before you can join this organisation.
Followers of the Dark
Followers of the Growth
A character who belongs to this organisation can choose to advance their knowledge of elements and their connections by joining one of the following organisations.
- Followers of the Grasping Sand (Air, Darkness and Earth)
- Followers of the Searing Magma (Dark, Earth and Fire)
- Followers of the Sticking Mud (Dark, Earth and Water)
Followers of the Grasping Sand
Followers of the Searing Magma
Followers of the Sticking Mud
Followers of the Black Earth in Ravnica
Golgari Swarm. An elf lich named Jarad guides the Golgari Swarm’s masses as they lurk in the undercity, where they process the city’s waste and see to the new life that emerges from death and decay.
- 2022-03-14 – Added in associated secret crafts.
- 2021-08-25 – Added in Relic hunter – tomb of the moving stones.
- 2021-08-24 – Adding in a section linking in adventures where this organisation is featured.
- 2020-09-23 – Adding in links to Guilds from Ravnica for Alphatian Empire.
Followers Duel Element: Black Earth (Entropy/Matter), Crushing Wave (Entropy/Time), Eternal Flame (Energy/Entropy), Fog (Energy/Time), Howling Hatred (Entropy/Thought), Magma (Energy/Matter), Mud (Matter/Time), Radiant (Energy/Thought), Sand (Matter Thought), Storm (Thought/Time)
Followers Tri Element: Ash (Energy/Matter/Thought), Confronting Radiant (Energy/Entropy/Thought), Dust Storm (Matter/Thought/Time), Grasping Sand (Entropy/Matter/Thought), Lava (Energy/Matter/Time), Searing Magma (Energy/Entropy/Matter), Silent Fog (Energy/Entropy/Time), Steam (Energy/Thought/Time), Sticking Mud (Entropy/Matter/Time), Thunderous Storm (Entropy/Thought/Time)
Followers All Elements: Spheres
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.