Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Organisations – Sphere of Matter and Thought – Followers of the Sand
This is a post relating to the creation of various organisations associated with the elements, genasi, pantheons and nations of the setting.
Who are The Followers of the Sand
The Followers of the Mountain are an organisation based on the Worship of Earth and the Immortals of the Sphere of Matter.
Their society is focused around the colours of green and white and the Spheres of Matter and Thought. This society instruct its followers as initiates into the Secret Crafts of the Airologist and Earthologists before teaching them other crafts. Each of its members are expected to be Air or Earth aligned. They also teach combining Air and Earth.
Aligned to the Living Science Patron group.
- Other Cult Names – Enlightened Tree, Living Science, Sand, Selesnya (or Selesnya Conclave)
- Spheres – Matter (Element of Earth) and Thought (Element of Air)
- Patrons of
- Energy Immortals – Ninsun (Agriculture),
- Entropy Immortals – Ouranos (Building)
- Matter Immortals – Chiron (tba), Garl (tba), Kagyar (tba), Lornasen (tba), Polunius (tba), Terra (Agriculture), The Twelve Watches (tba), Valerias (tba), Wayland (Building)
- Thought Immortals – Frey (Agriculture), Freyja (tba), Halav (tba), Ralon (Agriculture),
- Time Immortals – Simurgh (tba)
- Associated Secret Crafts – Earthologist (Agriculture), Naturologist (Agriculture),
- Barbarian Paths – Storm Herald – Mountain (Agriculture) / Sea (Agriculture),
- Cleric Domains – Air (Agriculture), Earth (Agriculture), Nature (Agriculture), Tempest (Agriculture),
- Monk Ways – Elements – Air (Agriculture) / Earth (Agriculture),
- Paladin Oaths – Thunder (Agriculture),
- Sorcerer Origins – Draconic Bloodline – Air (Agriculture) / Earth (Agriculture), Elemental Essence – Air (Agriculture) / Earth (Agriculture), Storm Sorcery (Agriculture),
- Warlock Pacts – Genie Lord – Air (Agriculture) / Earth (Agriculture),
- Wizard Traditions – Elementalist – Air (Agriculture) / Earth (Agriculture),
- Associated Feats – Elemental Adept (ph166), Negotiator (Agriculture), Survivor (Agriculture),
- Primary Pantheons – Dwarven and Gnome (Frey, Ninsun, Ralon, Terra), Forest (Frey, Ninsun, Ralon, Terra), Halfling (Frey, Ninsun, Ralon, Terra), Land Guilds (Frey, Ninsun, Ralon, Terra) , Myoshima (Frey, Ninsun, Ralon, Terra),
- Secondary Pantheons – Dragonkin (Terra), Earth (Terra), Elven (Frey), Ethengarian (Frey), Giantkin (Frey), Norse (Frey), Thyatian Empire (Frey),
- Councils – Assembly (Frey, Ninsun, Ralon, Terra), Celestials (Frey), Energy (Ninsun), Hierarch (Ninsun, Terra), Matter (Terra), Sphere (Terra), Temporal (Ralon), Thought (Frey, Ralon),
Background – Faction Agent
The Followers of the Sand are dedicated to the beliefs of the Sphere of Matter and Thought and the superiority of the combination of Air and Earth over other elements.
The Selesnya Conclave is led by Trostani, three dryads who are fused together with one another and with Mat’Selesnya. a manifestation of the soul of the world. The guild seeks to bring nature and the city into balance across the Alphatian Empire.
Followers of the Sand in Mystara
They are spread wherever there are groups of air and earth aspected races coexist.
- Elementalologist (2nd Circle)
- Also used the Duel Element Aspected class feature.
- Bardic Colleges
- College of Glamour (xge)
- College of Lore (ph)
- Clerical Domains
- Life Domain (ph)
- Nature Domain (ph)
- Druidic Circles
- Circle of Dreams (xge)
- Circle of the Land (forest, grasslands) (ph)
- Circle of the Shepherd (xge)
- Fighter Archetypes
- Arcane Archer (xge)
- Battle Master (ph)
- Champion (ph)
- Monk Monastic Traditions
- Way of the Open Hand (ph)
- Paladin Sacred Oaths
- Oath of Redemption (xge)
- Oath of the Ancients (ph)
- Ranger Archetypes
- Hunter (ph)
- Warlock Pacts
- The Archfey (ph)
- The Great Old One (ph)
These organizations are requirements for entry into this organisation. You must belong to one of these before you can join this organisation.
Followers of the Growth
Followers of the Wind
A character who belongs to this organisation can choose to advance their knowledge of elements and their connections by joining one of the following organisations.
- Followers of the Ash (Air, Earth and Fire)
- Followers of the Dust Storm (Air, Earth and Water)
- Followers of the Grasping Sand (Air, Darkness and Earth)
Followers of the Ash
Followers of the Dust Storm
Followers of the Grasping Sand
Followers of the Sand in Ravnica
Selesnya Conclave. The Selesnya Conclave is led by Trostani, three dryads who are fused together with one another and with Mat’Selesnya. a manifestation of the soul of the world. The guild seeks to bring nature and the city into balance.
Matter and Thought/Sand – GM Section
Also known as the Selesnya Conclave.
The Followers of the Sand are an organisation based on the Worship of the combination of Air and Earth the Immortals of the Sphere of Matter and Thought.
- Followers of the Enlightened Tree
- Followers of the Sand
- Followers of the Selesnya – Selesnya Conclave
- Makai Pantheon – is influenced by and influences this group.
- 2022-03-14 – Linked in secret crafts.
- 2021-09-03 – Added the makai pantheon.
- 2021-08-27 – Update to the menu ad cult names.
- 2020-09-29 – Added in more organisation links.
- 2020-09-28 – Added in associated Organisations.
- 2020-09-24 – Adding in links to Guilds from Ravnica for Alphatian Empire.
Followers Duel Element: Black Earth (Entropy/Matter), Crushing Wave (Entropy/Time), Eternal Flame (Energy/Entropy), Fog (Energy/Time), Howling Hatred (Entropy/Thought), Magma (Energy/Matter), Mud (Matter/Time), Radiant (Energy/Thought), Sand (Matter Thought), Storm (Thought/Time)
Followers Tri Element: Ash (Energy/Matter/Thought), Confronting Radiant (Energy/Entropy/Thought), Dust Storm (Matter/Thought/Time), Grasping Sand (Entropy/Matter/Thought), Lava (Energy/Matter/Time), Searing Magma (Energy/Entropy/Matter), Silent Fog (Energy/Entropy/Time), Steam (Energy/Thought/Time), Sticking Mud (Entropy/Matter/Time), Thunderous Storm (Entropy/Thought/Time)
Followers All Elements: Spheres
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.