Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Races – Human of Fire (Alasiyan)
This is my take on the Alasiyan people using the five element concept.
Descendants of the Neathar and Nithians. Based on Arabian cultures. These humans are tied to the sphere of energy. Their skin is bronze, their hair black, and eyes are golden brown.
- Age: Young Adult at 14, Adult at 18 and live to 100 years.
- Size: Humans are 4 ½ to 5 ½ feet tall in general. Their size is Medium, thought in some special cases they can be Small.
- Speed: Your base walking speed 30 ft.
- Fast Learner (Level Up) With their short life spans, humans can acquire knowledge at a higher rate than more long-lived heritages. You gain proficiency in one additional skill of your choice in addition you require half as much time as normal to train yourself in the use of armour, skill, tool, secret craft or weapon during downtime.
- Intrepid (Level Up) Your survival instinct is remarkably strong. When you make an ability check, attack roll, or saving throw, you can choose to gain an expertise die on that roll. Once you use this trait, you cannot use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
- Weapons Mastery (GM House Rule) Gains proficiency with one weapons of significance of your choice. If you have proficiency with this weapon, they are upgrades skilled level.
- Human Gifts (Level Up) Choose One – Diehard Survivor (p40), Ingenious Focus (p40), Spirited Traveller (p40)
- Class Options – Available to all Human Subraces
- Feats: Weapons Mastery
The Alasiyan people are an evolution from the Neathar and the Nithians. They are connected to fire and energy. They have an Arabian style to their appearance and culture. They are the people who united Ylaruam under a single banner and provide the backbone of their military. They are counted amongst the best swordsmen of the region.
- Height – men are 4′ 8″ to 5′ 8″, women 4′ 4″ to 5’ 4″.
- Complexion – bronzed skinned.
- Colouration – hair black, with eyes of golden brown.
- Known Locations: Darokin and Ylaruam.
- Traits – based on the Variant Human
- Ability Score Increase: Dexterity +1, plus one other ability of your choice
- Skills: Proficiency with Animal Handling or Religion
- Feat: Healer or Skilled
- Spirit of the Desert: When making navigation checks on a large region of sand, you have advantage if you are travelling to a place you have been before.
- Language: Common language is Thyatian. Bonus language is Ylari.
- Pantheons: Ylari
- Secret Crafts: (Starting) Your choice of starting secret crafts include: Fireologist.
- Evolution (2nd Evolution): Counts as the Neathar, Nithian and Genasi races for the purposes of effects and magical items. As a 2nd evolution, there is a 20% chance for any offspring to be a Genasi.
Most Alasiyans have the Fire Aspected Traits, to select other elemental traits please gain the game masters permission.
- Ability Score Increase: Intelligence +2
- Touch of the Fire (fire aspected) While taking a short rest in direct sunlight or within 5 ft of a source of fire, you can spend 1 HD to roll two dice and take the results of both.
- Power of Energy (fire aspected) When using (or effected by) Fire or Radiant damage you add your proficiency bonus to the damage (or reduce damage taken) and cause your eyes to glow red till the start of your next turn.
- Danger of Time (fire aspected) When hit by Cold or Force damage you take additional damage equal to your proficiency. Cold and force effects you use, have their attack, damage and saving throw reduced by your proficiency instead of increased by it.
- Fire Evolution: Counts as a Genasi for the purposes of using Fire Genasi effects and magical items, but not as a Fire Genasi. With every genasi offspring there is a d20 roll to determine their elemental aspect:
- 80% chance of an Fire Aspected child (1 to 16)
- 5% chance of an one of the other elements aspects. Air (17), Darkness (18), Earth (19), Water (20)
Character Options – All Fire Aspected Sub-Races
- Barbarian – Path of the Storm Herald (Desert)
- Cleric – Domain of Fire
- Monk – Way of the Elements (Fire)
- Sorcerer – Draconic Bloodline (Red), Elemental Essence (Fire)
- Warlock – Pact of the Genie Lord (Fire)
- Wizard – Elementalist (Fire)
- Bard – College of Swords, College of Virtue
- Fighter – Battle Master, Sword Dancer
- Paladin – Oath of the Ascetic, Oath of Devotion
- Rogue – Assassin, Scout, Thief
- Sorcerer – Divine Inspiration, Divine Soul
- Wizard – School of Evocation, School of Illusion
Alasiyan Campaign Examples
Alasiyan Racial Magical Items
The items from these people have a tendency to deal with more arabian nights style items. See all (Alasiyan) items listed below as your relic magical items. You can also treat (Neathar) and (Nithian) as relic items as well. See Genasi Overview for (Firechild) genasi items you can use is if you were a genasi.
- Alasiyan – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with more arabian nights style items.
- Nithian – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with egyptian style items. Most of these items have been taken over by Alasiyans, Thothian or Traladarans. A Alasiyan can use the Relic trait of the items as if part of their race.
- Neathar (Base Human) – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with a nomadic stone age style. A Human (and all Human subtypes) can use the base human relic trait of all Human items.
- Genasi (Fire) – These are elemental fire based items. A Alasiyan can use the relic trait of the item is if they are a base Genasi, just not the Fire aspect relic trait.
- 2021-08-17 – Update to associated classes and magical item section.
- 2021-02-22 – Linking in content.
- 2020-09-20 – Content clean up as well as elemental aspects.
- 2020-03-23 – Structure and references.
- 2020-03-16 – Structure and human traits.
- 2020-02-20 – Added in bonus language and cleaned up feats to match what is in my players guide.
Dragonkind Overview: Air (Crystalborn, Silverborn, Whiteborn), Darkness (Blackborn, Brassborn, Onyxborn), Earth (Copperborn, Emeraldborn, Greenborn), Fire( Amberborn, Goldborn, Redborn, Rubyborn), Water (Blueborn, Bronzeborn, Sapphineborn)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.