Star Wars – Career Specialisations of the Galaxy
The Mercenary Soldier
This specialisation can be found as part of the following careers: Hired Gun. This is also used in my Shadowrun Conversion.
Talent Tree – Mercenary Soldier
Completing each tier earns the title for the character.
- Tier 1 (Does not require another talent to purchase)
- Tier 2 (Requires a link back to a Tier 1 talent)
- Tier 3 (Requires a link back to a Tier 1 talent)
- Tier 4 (Requires a link back to a Tier 1 talent)
- Tier 5 (Requires a link back to a Tier 1 talent)
P – Passive Talent / A – Active Talent / R – Ranked Talent (connections)
Upon Completing the Specialisation Tree – gain the Dedication talent.
Fantasy Flight Games Rules
Specialisation – Mercenary Soldier (Combat)
Based on Star Wars Edge of the Empire – Core Rules – Hired Gun – Mercenary Soldier p 79.
- SW Career Skills – Discipline (Will), Gunnery (Ag) Leadership (Pr), Ranged – Heavy (Agil)
- SR Career Skills – Discipline (Will), Gunnery (Ag) Leadership (Pr), Ranged – Heavy (Agil)
- Starting Character gains one rank in two career skills of their choice.
- These skills become additional Career skills.
- Level 1 Talents – Command (PR), Point Blank (PR), Second Wind (AR), Side Step (AR)
- Level 2 Talents – Confidence (PR), Point Blank (PR), Second Wind (AR), Strong Arm (P)
- Level 3 Talents – Command (PR), Field Commander (A), Lethal Blows (PR), Sniper Shot (AR)
- Level 4 Talents – Field Commander – Improved (P), Grit (PR), Lethal Blows (PR), True Aim (AR)
- Level 5 Talents – Command (PR), Deadly Accuracy (PR), Natural Marksman (A), True Aim (AR)
(A) Active Talent (P) Passive Talent (R) Ranked Talent
House Rule Changes
Made Dedication the reward for completing a Specialisation Tree instead of a Tier 5 Item. Replaced Dedication with a 5th Command in fitting with the Marauder.
Things I have changed – Replaced a Toughened at 4th tier with True Aim, Replaced a True Aim at 5th tier with the Tier 3 Natural Marksman, and added Lethal Blows to Tier 3..
- 2022-06-27 – Added in sharable tree.
Assassin, Big Game Hunter, Droid Tech, Enforcer, Gadgeteer, Gambler, Marauder, Marshal, Martial Artist, Mechanic, Medic, Mercenary Soldier, Operator, Propagandist, Recruit, Scoundrel, Skip Tracer, Survivalist, Tactician
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
Character Builds: Bounty Hunter (Karlid – Assassin, Vanna – Gadgeteer, Kyanna – Martial Artist, Jed – Operator, Theya – Skip Tracer, Cadkia – Survivalist), Smuggler (Ebaya – Gambler), Technician (B1-337 – Droid Tech)
References: for Characters, for GMs, Dice, Items (Lightsabers, Modifying, Purchasing, Qualities), Knight Level Play, Mechanics (Awareness, Duty, Morality, Obligation), Movement (Personal, Planetary, Vehicles), Roles (Bounty Hunting, Investigations), Secrets (Empire, Jedi, Mandalorians, Rebels, Sith)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.